January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Not 100% that he won't come back according to Archie. I thought his comment "Gary Fraser has gone back to Bolton as they want to have a chat with him." sounded a bit like being called into the boss's office on a Friday afternoon.

Could be he's being let go. Bolton have announced that their debt has RISEN to an eye watering £164.000.000, of which £151,000,000 is owed to the owner, and that's despite staff costs dropping from over £50,000,000 to £37,000,000. This is mind boggling!

So might be a chance of getting him permanently.

Unfortunately not. This boy is a cracking player who Blackburn paid £1M for last year. Not quite sure how he's ended up at County.

Have a look at these stats. Might give you a hint:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Slew

He might do a job for them but then again, he might have the same scoring form as his previous loan spells. Hoping for the latter, obviously....

On a tangent. I noticed that St. Mirren binned the three loanees they took on at the start of the season. Similar impact to Henoc.

Hoping for more from Lyle Taylor!

The biggest feather in Archibald's cap so far is his handlings in the transfer windows. Osbourne and Higginbotham (despite some of his recent form), and now Lyle Taylor have all been tremendous coups. Gallacher and McMillan were also good solid signings. Up front I think we're sorted now, even if we play change our formation to play two up front then we have Baird as back up, as well as Lawless and Higginbotham who could also play there. We're missing a left back, a centre half and a midfielder in Osbourne's mould IMO, and ideally one of those players would have real captain-type qualities as all season I don't think we've had an every-week, grab by the scruff of the neck, consistently-performing leader, which I feel has been a factor in games like our recent collapse to Motherwell. As an added bit of luxury I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Fraser sign permanently either. Relying on Ross County to be shitter than us is dangerous exactly because they can be expected to strengthen this month just like they did last season, so it's crucial that we can make the right additions to our own squad too. Lyle Taylor is an excellent start.

I dont know the ins and outs of the interest in Tidser. If this was a key signing identified by Archie and we have failed because Ross County are able to pay more to Rotherham United then I would be pretty disappointed with our board, especially when our attendances have been significantly higher than Ross County. The board did say they will back Archie in the transfer window, but by failing to act upon the dvd sales and TAG I fear hey have failed to provide some easily generated cash which could be used for this purpose.

However it maybe that Archie had Tidser down the list behind Gary Fraser, Alan Gow and other players etc so will see what transpires. But even if its the case the board has not done themselves a favour by failing to generate extra cash that could if nothing else have been used to lessen the clubs debt and give many Jags fans a Great Christmas present

We won't be able to compete with County due to the fact that their chairman is a multimillionaire and a Couny fan.

County's budget is probably higher than the likes of St Mirren, Killie and St Johnstone.

There are better players out there than Tidser anyway.

I'll ask you aswell, TC, how much money does their chairman put into the club?

where does that take their yearly income to, compared to others?

How much do they make from GE sponsoring the name of the stadium?

Does anyone have a link to their accounts?

All i'm saying is, it's all very well saying they have a millionaire owner who ploughs money in.... but no one actually knows if he does, and if he does, what part of the business it goes into.

We won't be able to compete with County due to the fact that their chairman is a multimillionaire and a Couny fan.

County's budget is probably higher than the likes of St Mirren, Killie and St Johnstone.

There are better players out there than Tidser anyway.

But we can at least give us a fighting chance by maximizing the revenue stream from the supporters out with the admission money

When taking about their Chairman having loads of money and being a County fan, what about our directors? the supporters pay their cash and give their vocal support only taking out the enjoyment of (Hopefully) seeing a Jags victory, with the exception of Beattie and Allan, what have our BoD put in regards to what they take out

I've actually no idea how much the County chairman puts into the club.

Looking in from the outside though they were struggling and they in the space of 4 days sign 4 decent quality players.

In reality they could be right on budget and we are breaking the bank for Taylor.

I've actually no idea how much the County chairman puts into the club.

Looking in from the outside though they were struggling and they in the space of 4 days sign 4 decent quality players.

In reality they could be right on budget and we are breaking the bank for Taylor.

They've also got rid of 3 or 4 off the wage budget in that same time. so not necessarily a money bags chairman throwing money at wages.

Not at all worried by failing to sign Tidser.

He's similar to Welsh, Osbourne, Bannigan & for that matter Mark Kerr.

We're struggling with injuries just now but none are long term as such & we can make do for now.

As erty13 said, he's untried at this level.

I'd much rather we get an another attacking midfielder (Gow would be good but can't see it) & a dominant centre half to add a bit more height in our box.

I'll ask you aswell, TC, how much money does their chairman put into the club?

where does that take their yearly income to, compared to others?

How much do they make from GE sponsoring the name of the stadium?

Does anyone have a link to their accounts?

All i'm saying is, it's all very well saying they have a millionaire owner who ploughs money in.... but no one actually knows if he does, and if he does, what part of the business it goes into.

I have heard in the past that generous relocation expenses and peppercorn rent accommodation are not uncommon up at Dingwall. McGregor is much like Rae at Morton in respect of always being able to come up with that wee bit extra. But I think in Ross Co's case the actual club books won't necessarily show the full extent of their expenditure just as Accies wouldn't have shown up MacDonald's auxiliary salaries when certain players "worked" for his company.

On the other hand I suppose even if there's an additional bonus in signing for County it won't suit certain players when you factor in kids schooling and partners having to chuck a job etc.

All just conjecture and rumour from my part but at the same time imo very plausible. ..