January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

I see McCoist wants a new warchest so he can sign new players like Midfielder Mark McNulty from Livingston.

For an attacking midfielder he seems to have scored a heck of a lot of goals and at only 22 maybe someone we could be looking at.

Wouldnt be able to match Sevco wages but we are at least in the SPL and have some financial security (rumours Sevco could be in trouble by 2015), plus Scott Paterson could maybe put in a good word to his Livi contacts.

Maybe competition for the likes of Higgy, Lawless, etc

We need a striker but we also need an Albert Craig/ Martin Hardie type midfielder. If McNulty is that type of player then yeah we should be looking at him. Unlikely we would get him if Sevco fancy him though I doubt Sally will be getting little, if any, warchest in January!

First signing of the window confirmed - Lyle Taylor on loan until the end of the season

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/december_2013/thistle_sign_loan_striker

Initial thoughts for me were I would've preferred El Alagui but upon looking into it Taylor scored more goals in less games for Falkirk (29 in 42 vs 27 in 43) and is 5 years younger. Hopefully if it works out there's an option to sign him in the summer.

I see McCoist wants a new warchest so he can sign new players like Midfielder Mark McNulty from Livingston.

For an attacking midfielder he seems to have scored a heck of a lot of goals and at only 22 maybe someone we could be looking at.

Wouldnt be able to match Sevco wages but we are at least in the SPL and have some financial security (rumours Sevco could be in trouble by 2015), plus Scott Paterson could maybe put in a good word to his Livi contacts.

Maybe competition for the likes of Higgy, Lawless, etc

Mcnulty had 18 months left on his contract and livi have already turned down a six figure offer for him.

First signing of the window confirmed - Lyle Taylor on loan until the end of the season

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...gn_loan_striker

Initial thoughts for me were I would've preferred El Alagui but upon looking into it Taylor scored more goals in less games for Falkirk (29 in 42 vs 27 in 43) and is 5 years younger. Hopefully if it works out there's an option to sign him in the summer.

will that mean a change of formation? If not he'll sit on the bench or Dolan will be dropped

Tidser was excellent last season for Morton. Their promotion push fell off the rails at the end when he was injured.

We still need an experienced centre half or 2.

I'd like to see us sign him. From what I hear, the deal is there to be done as long as we pay his wages. If not, apparently Ross County are keen to get him.

will that mean a change of formation? If not he'll sit on the bench or Dolan will be dropped

Cant see Taylor coming to sit on the bench. He will be the main striker but like others I would love to see Taylor and Doolan up front. Could be a boot in the knackers for Lawless though, who looks like he is beginning to show some of last seasons form at last

I'd like to see us sign him. From what I hear, the deal is there to be done as long as we pay his wages. If not, apparently Ross County are keen to get him.

At the risk of sounding like a broken down record player, remember we have more than enough money as the board didnt require the extra income from dvd sales etc so there is no excuse why we cannot pay Tidser's full wages

While I'm pleased that we have some competition for Doolan, I think it'd be really unfair to drop him at the moment. He's one of the top scorers in the Premiership and has taken most of his chances so far this season. The big problem is that the midfield either isn't chipping in or creating more chances for him. I said to a couple of mates a few weeks ago that we could have Ibrahimovic playing up front at the moment and would still be struggling to score.

• Like 2

Pleased with that signing, would like us to play 2 forwards. I liked the way Motherwell set up against us with a 3-5-2 formation.

Fox

Balatoni-Muirhead-Piccolo

SOD-Craigan-Bannigan-Osborne-ATS

Doolan-Taylor

Just recently Archie has tweaked our formation with Lawless playing central instead of wing and looking to support Doolan almost as a second striker. Lawless could be moved out wide if played and Taylor either in the Lawless role or Dools dropping back to do that with Taylor as main man up front.