January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

I'd be surprised if Rory McAllister fitted in with our dressing room ethos...

Bit of a moany so and so ALLEGEDLY.

Apologies in advance to the offended but just about every plumber I've met has been a bit of a moany so and so.....

Probably not the player we're looking for with any urgency but Kevin Cawley at Alloa is a fine player that could I believe make the step up. More of a Lawless-Higgy type than an out and out striker but a clever player who scores a few goals. Plus I understand he isn't a plumber

Probably not the player we're looking for with any urgency but Kevin Cawley at Alloa is a fine player that could I believe make the step up. More of a Lawless-Higgy type than an out and out striker but a clever player who scores a few goals. Plus I understand he isn't a plumber

We had Cawley on trial a couple of seasons ago and I thought he was unfortunate not to be kept on for another game or two. Very similar in stature to Lawless, though.

I'm afraid that's no good. We need a couple of good big players, not more small ones.

Inasmuch as I agree that it's probably not the right time to sign a player like Cawley, I wouldn't exclude players purely based on physique. We need leaders in the team; it doesn't matter to me whether they're midgets or giants, so long as they are willing to take responsibility.

I see Craig Barr despite being offered a new contract with the Swedish team he was with has rejected it as he wants to return to Scotland. Apparently just recently got engaged and his fiancee lives in Scotland. I know he is a defender but to dont know what position - I wonder if this is a possible option for us?

Central defender.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Evening Times Archie has drawn up a list of 7 strikers to attempt to sign (not all of them of course). Any ideas?

I'd guess they'll all be English based players.

We won't be able to afford any strikers already in the Scottish Premiership and Championship strikers aren't good enough.

I wouldn't mind seeing Callum Elliott at Firhill, he's with Raith and we would have to pay something for him as he signed on a 1 yr deal this summer, but he's a big strong guy and he's got an eye for goal.some folk might say he's not even Raith's top scorer but I think he would score goals in a better team. he's scored 27 goals in his last 53 games according to wiki.

Grant Anderson at Raith has impressed me aswell.

Hemmings we had on trial in the Summer but ended up going back to Cowdenbeath so I'd be surprised if we went back in for him having knocked him back previously.

Calum Elliot a funny one also. Plenty of talent but has drifted from one club to another. Always scored goals though.

I just hope we've made contact with the clubs re availability of any of these "7".

Drawing up a list one thing getting them another.

How many in the centre halves list?

I don't think there would be much doubt that Hemmings fits the bill in ability or that he isn't the type of forward player we're looking for. He certainly didn't appear to fail as a trialist when I saw him against Livi & Arbroath (I think). Guess we just have to accept he fails elsewhere. Not going to speculate just why only a part time club showed any faith in the guy.

Calum Elliot isn't quite up to our division. Disagree with Trotter as I don't think Elliot scores nearly enough goals. In fact I doubt he's a better prospect than McGuigan. If anything maybe Greig Spence at Raith would be more likely to up his game if playing alongside better players