January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Murray, Baird and O'Donnell for Gordon?

Heck we'll even chuck in Kerr.

Baird came on as a sub on sunday and has over a year on his contract yet so would be surprised if he was released. I think Archie still looks at him as an impact sub.

However Mark McGuigan and Mark Kerr are both out of contract in the summer and Kerr didnt make the bench on sunday so maybe he will be away.

Murray is with Dumbarton I thought?

In yesterday's sun, it said sheffield utd were seemingly interested in O'donnell and Lawless. Maybe Archie looking to get a right back in and make some money selling O'Donnell.

Swap them for Lyle Taylor ;) Lawless' contract ends in the summer and O'Donnell has been okay but nothing special this season. Would free up two players wages.

We would probably be a bit short of Taylor's wage though and would have to get a right back in asap as McMillan is so injury prone and hasn't played particularly well this season.

Edited by mhs

In yesterday's sun, it said sheffield utd were seemingly interested in O'donnell and Lawless. Maybe Archie looking to get a right back in and make some money selling O'Donnell.

Starting to think that Lawless may have an agent with some imagination.

• Like 1

Swap them for Lyle Taylor ;) Lawless' contract ends in the summer and O'Donnell has been okay but nothing special this season. Would free up two players wages.

I would take that deal in a moment. Looks clear that Lawless will be away at the end of the season and McMillan would fill O'Donnells place. If Lyle is willing to come back to Scotland that would be a great deal for us, though pretty sure wages would be a major stumbling block

Thistle have been linked with Motherwell striker Bob McHugh.

Hope not - 5' 10" striker, 66 appearances (mostly off the bench) with only 5 goals. Not what we need. Baird has the same scoring ratio in this league.

Edited to add... he just signed a 2 year contract in March 2013, Motherwell would be due training compensation and may want a fee. Unless it is a loan we are being linked with.

Edited by mhs

In today's Sun.

Motherwell are trying to offload Adam Cummins and Bob McHugh on loan somewhere in January in an attempt to free up money to sign Henri Anier with Partick Thistle and a host of Championship teams all seemingly hopeful of landing McHugh.

We tried to get him on loan a few years ago so it might just be shoddy journalism.

It's a loan deal at Motherwell are looking to loan a couple of players out in order to keep Anier on loan for the rest of the season.

The number of appearances doesn't really say much about him as it's mostly 10-20mins off the bench. This season he's scored twice in 434 mins of football (less than 5 games) but you could make it sound a lot worse by saying 2 goals in 11 appearances. As he'd be back up to Taylor and Doolan I think he'd be worth a punt, plus it'd be nice to have a local Maryhill boy in the team.

He was at Thistle for a day under McCall on loan before breaking his wrist and getting sent back a few years back.

MOTHERWELL hope to land Henri Anier permanently — by offloading fringe men Bob McHugh and Adam Cummins.

Boss Stuart McCall is optimistic about boosting his squad by securing the services of the Estonian frontman.

The Fir Park side have been locked in talks with his Norwegian club Viking Stavanger and are hopeful they’ll be able to seal a long-term deal. He’s currently out of Well’s wage range — but if they can get McHugh and Cummins out on loan deals it will free up funds to help keep him. Anier has hit seven goals in 19 SPFL games and he’s told Well bosses he’d prefer to stay in Scotland rather than return to Norway when his loan deal finishes on Saturday night.

Clubs including Partick Thistle and Championship outfits Morton, Queen of the South and Livingston, are all hopeful of landing McHugh.

Meanwhile, Dan Twardzik has returned to Dundee following his loan spell — but he could yet return to Fir Park.

If Bob McHugh is coming then then Baird must be going out on loan. There may not be too much difference in what we pay Motherwell and what we receive for Baird - so Archie may see this as a good deal.

I think Kerr will also go out on loan as soon as we bring in another midfielder. He absence from the bench in favour of an under 20s player I think spells the end for him at Thistle.

It could be we will see another 4 players coming in.

I would take that deal in a moment. Looks clear that Lawless will be away at the end of the season and McMillan would fill O'Donnells place. If Lyle is willing to come back to Scotland that would be a great deal for us, though pretty sure wages would be a major stumbling block

To my eye Meehan is coming along nicely in the U20s as well

It's a loan deal at Motherwell are looking to loan a couple of players out in order to keep Anier on loan for the rest of the season.

The number of appearances doesn't really say much about him as it's mostly 10-20mins off the bench. This season he's scored twice in 434 mins of football (less than 5 games) but you could make it sound a lot worse by saying 2 goals in 11 appearances. As he'd be back up to Taylor and Doolan I think he'd be worth a punt, plus it'd be nice to have a local Maryhill boy in the team.

He was at Thistle for a day under McCall on loan before breaking his wrist and getting sent back a few years back.

What's the point of taking a player on loan as back-up for two players that we already have? In that case he probably wouldn't get to play, and whenever he did he'd be short on match fitness, and we're wasting resources. An on-loan player should be somebody who's going to start most games and who brings us something that we don't currently have, but need.

• Like 1