Just In St Johnstone

angry gaz

Hopefully Osbourne is back next week against Killie.

If we play like we did today we'll get pumped.

Oh special mention to Baird, on the park for 1 minute and 55 seconds and still managed to make an arse of himself.

On the Baird sub, we lose our best midfielder in Osbourne & have 2 midfielders on the bench but neither come on.

Says it all that Baird comes on ahead of Forbes & Kerr!!!

We really do need reinforcements in January.

With a bit of luck this game will be replayed once we've got some.

I agree that St Johnstone appeared to be posing a greater threat but that was largely because their balls forward especially to the left hand (JHS side) corner were sticking and defenders were having difficulty clearing, whereas our hoofs were bouncing on out of the park. On that basis I was reasonably optimistic for the second half that never happened.

Hopefully Osbourne is back next week against Killie.

If we play like we did today we'll get pumped.

Oh special mention to Baird, on the park for 1 minute and 55 seconds and still managed to make an arse of himself.

Could you do us all a favour and either stick to being a wind up merchant or just post what you think makes sense. By splitting your posts between the nonsensical and the level headed you're just devaluing both.

As for the call off like most I couldn't see the point in starting under those conditions. If Clancy had delayed the kick off and allowed more sweeping up time I'm sure he'd have realised that conditions couldn't improve. It wouldn't take a Nostradamus or the Met Office's finest to know the rain wasn't going to cease. It's not as if we have a restricted view over the Bing towards the south west.

I actually thought Clancy reffed the game OK. Even if he got a lot of decisions wrong he at least tried to restrict the chances of injury by blowing promptly. Had to laugh at the St Johnstone fans getting worked up when he didn't play advantage.

It was noticeable that Stevie May has stepped up a class from last year; so here's hoping he's sold on by the time of the re-arranged game.

He had a great season at Hamilton so I'm not too sure if he's really stepped up that much. 25 goals in his last 29 league games for Accies was phenomenal. My Accies mate says May more or less singlehandedly kept them from play off territory last season. The fact they cleared that by a fair old margin speaks volumes.

Whatever he's clearly a real threat and I too would be happy if he's sold on before the rearranged game.

And to think I was offered a free ticket, last night, for the Man City v Arsenal game at the Etihad today with free transport thrown in. As I explained to my City supporting mate, I have a duty to myself to go to the big game; he got that. No regrets that I snubbed the 9 goal EPL game in favour of the joyous spectacle that greeted us as we entered the Stadium of Drams 10 minutes late and rather drookit.

Em, that's it - apart from Clancy's heroic never-say-die attitude to the game as he battled valiantly to at least try to overturn John Beaton's seemingly unassailable lead at the top of the All Time Fud Referees' Championship table.

Otherwise, a smashin afternoon.

None of the Thistle players were good yesterday but Baird for some reason feels the need to be petulant to the ref and act with absolutely no decorum, and that is what I don't like about him.

Anytime he loses the ball or does something else badly he's instantly looking for a free kick. It's just to mask the fact that he doesn't have the ability for this level.

I've seen a lot of bad Thistle players in my time but none act as much of a knob as Baird.

Did any Thistle fan receive a voucher upon leaving?

St Johnstone fans seem to have received one, but no one knows if it's for free or reduced entry.

Super J's fans saying who ever was handing out these vouchers had to go back to the office to get more, 3 times. Apparently Thistle "under estimated" the travelling support.

But surely if you are handing out vouchers, you already know how many folk are in the ground and print accordingly?

• Like 1

On the Baird sub, we lose our best midfielder in Osbourne & have 2 midfielders on the bench but neither come on.

Says it all that Baird comes on ahead of Forbes & Kerr!!!

We really do need reinforcements in January.

With a bit of luck this game will be replayed once we've got some.

I was slightly surprised to see Baird come on ahead of either Forbes or Kerr. Although, like I think you are alluding to, Kerr in particular has hardly set the heather on fire since he signed.

The game being abandoned was probably a blessing, because I think we would have missed Ozzy's battling qualities in the second half.

The game should never have gone ahead. The pitch obviously had standing water on it well before 3pm and a pitch inspection at 1.30pm plus a look at the weather forecast would have told them that it should be postponed. Ludicrous decision.

Agreed. The game against Falkirk a couple of seasons ago was abandoned before kick-off and the weather that day was nowhere near as bad as it was yesterday. Plus, after rolling in from my work's Christmas night out at 3am, I could really have used another hour in bed!

There is no way you can judge the Thistle teams performance given the conditions yesterday, and it was not the same for both teams. There was such a stong wind behind Thistle any pass going forward hit normally was shooting right through to the keeper or out the park. How many times did Fox hit the ball up field for it to go right through. St Johnstone on the other hand did not have that issue. Sure at times clearances from the keeper were holding up in the wind, but it game them a chance to win a second ball.

However, given the strength of the wind I would have hoped for a lot more shots on goal, but that is not our style of football.

The ref, jeez oh. Ok benefit of the doubt on the game going ahead. The ref and his team were kicking a ball about the dodgy area not long before kick off and the ball was moving. By the time kick off came and certainly within 5 mins it was getting bad if not dangerous.

Apart from that he had a fekin shocker. We were on a bit of a break, ball goes out at the JH side, Doolan takes a quick one putting us on the front foot. He blows up and says it is a thistle throw, apologises, makes us retake it with St Johnstone back in position.

On the far side there was a challenge not far from the dugout and he blows for a foul to us. After allowing the players to get to their feet, he decides it is a St Johnstone ball. When both sets of fans are singing you don't know what you are doing, he is not having a good day.

Did any Thistle fan receive a voucher upon leaving?

St Johnstone fans seem to have received one, but no one knows if it's for free or reduced entry.

Super J's fans saying who ever was handing out these vouchers had to go back to the office to get more, 3 times. Apparently Thistle "under estimated" the travelling support.

But surely if you are handing out vouchers, you already know how many folk are in the ground and print accordingly?

I got one

There is no way you can judge the Thistle teams performance given the conditions yesterday, and it was not the same for both teams. There was such a stong wind behind Thistle any pass going forward hit normally was shooting right through to the keeper or out the park. How many times did Fox hit the ball up field for it to go right through. St Johnstone on the other hand did not have that issue. Sure at times clearances from the keeper were holding up in the wind, but it game them a chance to win a second ball.

However, given the strength of the wind I would have hoped for a lot more shots on goal, but that is not our style of football.

The ref, jeez oh. Ok benefit of the doubt on the game going ahead. The ref and his team were kicking a ball about the dodgy area not long before kick off and the ball was moving. By the time kick off came and certainly within 5 mins it was getting bad if not dangerous.

Apart from that he had a fekin shocker. We were on a bit of a break, ball goes out at the JH side, Doolan takes a quick one putting us on the front foot. He blows up and says it is a thistle throw, apologises, makes us retake it with St Johnstone back in position.

On the far side there was a challenge not far from the dugout and he blows for a foul to us. After allowing the players to get to their feet, he decides it is a St Johnstone ball. When both sets of fans are singing you don't know what you are doing, he is not having a good day.

The referee was at least evenhanded in his rottenness, at one time bringing St Johnstone back for a free kick when they had already developed a dangerous attack.

Perhaps Saturday will be another Cowdenbeath moment and the players will realize that even allowing for conditions such poor performances are unacceptable. Saturday's game now assumes even more importance, since if we can wipe the grin of Boyds face we will have taken a helluva step to safety. In fact our next few games with the exception of Celtic are definitely ones where we can pick up points. That's assuming everything's well with big Ossy of course.

Perhaps Saturday will be another Cowdenbeath moment and the players will realize that even allowing for conditions such poor performances are unacceptable. Saturday's game now assumes even more importance, since if we can wipe the grin of Boyds face we will have taken a helluva step to safety. In fact our next few games with the exception of Celtic are definitely ones where we can pick up points. That's assuming everything's well with big Ossy of course.

I think I'd happily accept a draw but I agree that 3pts would be a major step to safety. I don't see why we can't get a result.