Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Will be interesting to see the comments on here if things don't go our way against Killie

oh dear. :blink:

first mark kerr now this. :no:

what a roaster, sorry i mean poster.

I can guarantee you that even if we are beaten 10-0, no one else will be suggesting Gus McPherson.

^^^this

Really not sure what to make of the view point that we should be looking for a new manager. Either those making these type of posts are so young and naive and full of fantisafull expectations fuelled by the success of the past year or an over used playstation? If that's not the reason then what is it, what really did you think this season was going to be like and who really could make such a difference that it would be worth ripping a loyal servant from his post?

Not saying he hasn't made mistakes but if your honest had the players taken more of the chances created or defended better at the key points then it's not unreasonable to think we could have had 3~6 more points and the table would look much better.

If the result against Killie is positive don't worry I'm sure you will be able to come back on looking for Archie's head and point to the next key game.

well said

;)

nice one wj :thumbsup2:

I'm not sure what the summary would be but I would say unconditional backing for Archie is a minority

I doubt if any manager in the world has "unconditional" backing. Archie got thrown in at the deep end, did brilliantly in the second half of last season, but like just about the entire squad has had to grow up very fast in a highly competitive top league. At times we've been excellent, at times woeful. He's made great signings in Osbourne, Higgy, and now Taylor, with a few others yet to show they've got what it takes. We've had more than our fair share of bad luck (injuries to Osbourne, Welsh; lack of critical decisions by refs, some good efforts either inches from going in or miraculous saves by goalies), just as much as blunders. We'll get better.
  • Like 1

I doubt if any manager in the world has "unconditional" backing. Archie got thrown in at the deep end, did brilliantly in the second half of last season, but like just about the entire squad has had to grow up very fast in a highly competitive top league. At times we've been excellent, at times woeful. He's made great signings in Osbourne, Higgy, and now Taylor, with a few others yet to show they've got what it takes. We've had more than our fair share of bad luck (injuries to Osbourne, Welsh; lack of critical decisions by refs, some good efforts either inches from going in or miraculous saves by goalies), just as much as blunders. We'll get better.

In total agreement with all of this, in particular the bit about Archie's signings. His ratio of good signings (inc. loan acquisitions) to duffers is as good as any manager at any level. Ferguson at Man U recruited many a dud in his time there; most managers have done likewise. To have brought players of the calibre of Osborne, Lyle Taylor and (potential-wise) Fraser - all at a decent standard in England - to the footballing Mecca that is Maryhill, is a massive credit to Archie. He is already a Thistle legend from his playing career and, as Jaggernaut says, will get better. I hope to god that's with us.

He is desperate to succeed with and for Thistle, and I believe he deserves our support and at least a percentage of the commitment he has to Thistle. Of course no manager deserves, or even wants, unconditional support from the fans, but Archie, in my opinion, deserves a lot better than some of the disrespectful nonsense seen in threads like this. I cringe when I think he might read this stuff now and again.

On the other side of the 'still no home win' coin, what other manager, within our range, would've got us four away wins by the halfway stage?

• Like 12

:thinking: Someone with the same positive attitude as Bobby Williamson. Same astute tactical awareness. Somebody that would be the equal of Williamson. Maybe someone from Still Game or Jordan McMillan's hairdresser. Failing that Adam Strachan's parole officer

He know stays just around the corner from me. Adam that is not his parole officer. Bumped into him just before New Year. Hamilton and Queen of the South interested in him apparently. Again Adam not his parole officer.

He know stays just around the corner from me. Adam that is not his parole officer. Bumped into him just before New Year. Hamilton and Queen of the South interested in him apparently. Again Adam not his parole officer.

Bit of pace about him, sweet left foot, good control and excellent final ball :thumbsup2: . Not so sure about Strachan

Sorry. it's quite hard to seperate the larking from the barking

Too true but the idea of a director of football is serious. What we need is someone who'll have a good rapport with the Board, the players and the fans. A guy more than comfortable with the media. Strike while the iron's hot I say http://www.heartsfc....241384_3618982?

Too true but the idea of a director of football is serious. What we need is someone who'll have a good rapport with the Board, the players and the fans. A guy more than comfortable with the media. Strike while the iron's hot I say http://www.heartsfc....241384_3618982?

I think hearts seem to have misunderstood the one in one out ruling or maybe they have just realised the ball has burst and they are saving cash for next year. I don't think the Jambos need panic they are still in safe hands as Gary is clearly the brains of the double act anyway.

I think hearts seem to have misunderstood the one in one out ruling or maybe they have just realised the ball has burst and they are saving cash for next year. I don't think the Jambos need panic they are still in safe hands as Gary is clearly the brains of the double act anyway.

The one in one out rule was blocked by the SFA although allowed by the SPFL........ bizarre I know and only in Scotland

:thinking: Someone with the same positive attitude as Bobby Williamson. Same astute tactical awareness. Somebody that would be the equal of Williamson. Maybe someone from Still Game or Jordan McMillan's hairdresser. Failing that Adam Strachan's parole officer

I was not enthusiastic about Bobby Williamson, just stating what he's doing. I do, however, like the idea of recruiting an experienced Director of Football to help the management team.

• Like 1

I was not enthusiastic about Bobby Williamson, just stating what he's doing. I do, however, like the idea of recruiting an experienced Director of Football to help the management team.

Or as seems to happen time and time again, they end up interfering and disagreeing with the manager, signing players they like and not what the manger likes

• Like 1

I've certainly not reached the stage where I think calls for Archie to leave are justified but to blindly oppose some pretty reasonable observations on the basis of loyalty is foolhardy. A lack of action from the management team again cost us dear at the weekend - it was blatantly obvious to most in the stadium that we were being completely overrun in midfield and desperately needed someone who could retain possession; the introduction of Forbes came a good 10-15 minutes too late. Archie's reluctance to introduce substitutes has been evident from his first few games in charge last season - the rearranged Hamilton game where despite speaking of the importance of squad management in the coming months in the build-up, he never made any changes until 10 minutes from the end of a match we struggled in - and it is definitely something of a concern that he seems oblivious to our needs during a match.....

This is not unique to Archie, and his predecessor was guilty of exactly the same error - reacting too late to the team's needs during the game. IMHO this is a common fault because even if we don't have the amount of experience that these professionals have, their view of the game from the dugout is inferior to ours from the JHS. Brian Clough didn't watch players from the dugout, and these days it would be simple to coney signals to the dugout or, alternatively, send a bird's eye view from a video camera to the dugout. (TV and film directors don't watch the action directly: they always watch a monitor, because that shows what spectators could experience.)

I'm really surprisd to find out that Hearts actually have a Director of Football, seems like a waste of a wage