Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

He must stay. Change and instability are no good for the club. He must stay and he will learn.

My boss told me that another member of staff had been trying to have a go at my ability. Her reply was to tell the person that I was young, inexperienced and was only 10 weeks in the job. She gave me time to make mistakes and learn.

Give him time.

It's not going well but we must unite behind Archie

Well said GB9

Like the decision to take out the attacker in the box? The decision not to chase down the rebound? Those decisions?

Like not taking Taylor off today when he was knackered, putting on Muirhead into a position that drives us further back ....oh and ever putting Elliott on a football park....yes those decisions

He must stay. Change and instability are no good for the club. He must stay and he will learn.

My boss told me that another member of staff had been trying to have a go at my ability. Her reply was to tell the person that I was young, inexperienced and was only 10 weeks in the job. She gave me time to make mistakes and learn.

Give him time.

It's not going well but we must unite behind Archie

That all depends on how you learn and not everyone automatically learns from their mistakes often they need training, coaching, mentoring and so on......I guess if you throw someone in at the deep end there is a 50% chance they might make it

Like not taking Taylor off today when he was knackered, putting on Muirhead into a position that drives us further back ....oh and ever putting Elliott on a football park....yes those decisions

Will give you the Taylor point, but am no buyin your other 2.

I never said he should be sacked ....check .... I've ways said he needs help

Read your first post on this thread ffs or the edited edition that I posted above!!! As I said before, I despair at some people on here! What next....lets bring back Dickie????

Edited by Lindau

Please enlighten us with what changes should have been made?

The midfield was lost when the changes were made so something had to be done to try and get us back into it. Muirhead in front of the back four has been working and at the same time we have been scoring goals so your comment that this makes us sit back are just not accurate. Elliot has often been a good impact sub and can relieve pressure therefor not an unreasonable intent for more of the same from the manager. Agree Taylor could have came off but he is in scoring form so maybe Archie was hoping we could get another chance that he may take if it came his way.

It's easy to criticise let's see what pearls of wisdom you can pass on to the manager for the next time we are in that position.

I would have taken Taylor off and put on Doolan, I would have left lawless on, I would never play Elliott he has had no impact in this Division! would not play Muirhead ahead of the midfield as he always goes back and we end up with 3 centre backs

None of the changes today improved the team

• Like 1

I'm 100% behind Archie but those substitutions today were maddening,

One major fault Archie has, is his loyalty to certain players, namely Balatoni (just seen the Killie goal again on SSN) Never clocked it at the game but Balatoni's effort too prevent the flick on that led to the penalty is laughable as is his non movement after the penalty was saved. To a lesser extent Elliot and Craigan fall into the over loyal category as well. As I have said, he needs to learn from this season and kick on next season. The time to dissect the managers performance will be if we are back in the Championship next season. Until then lets give the team and manager our full backing

Like the decision to take out the attacker in the box? The decision not to chase down the rebound? Those decisions?

Like the decision to take Fraser off & put Muirhead on to man mark someone?

Like take off Lawless who was having a good game & put on Elliot who... well let's face it is a trier but not a premier league football.

Pains me to say it but the mamager's subs in the last 2 games have been shocking & them as much as individual errors have cost us points.

• Members

I still maintain Archie is hamstrung by the fact that he has't got much too play with in midfield owing to the long term losses of Welsh and Osborne. Fully understood why he brought Muirhead on, Killie were totally dominating the midfield up until that point as Fraser had ran out of steam. I didn't think Killie were passing the ball about as easily as they were just prior to his introduction, but yes he did end up going way too deep.

Lawless had also put in a great deal of work although he did look as if he still had the legs for the match, however, Elliott was coming on at this stage earlier in the season and doing well, so well that folk were saying he was worth a starting place. He unfortunately had a poor game. Archie's big mistake though was not subbing Taylor after around 70 minutes and getting Doolan to chase and harry the defenders. Taylor's tiredness allowed them time to come forward and add another man to the Killie midfield.

In the end, it was a poor pass forward from Craigen that surrendered possession to Killie, they got a break and then a penalty. As someone else mentioned further up the thread, he's performing well in the first half of games but he's falling right out of it after about 60 minutes every week.

Midfield for me is now our biggest problem purely because of injuries. If Archie isn't going to use Kerr, we need to bring someone else in that's going to work hard in the centre of the park. Craigen needs rested and Forbes and Kerr just aren't the type of player we need in there just now.

The thing that disappointed me most is that I felt we had weathered the worst of the storm and Killie had all but given up on scoring.

• Like 2

I would have taken Taylor off and put on Doolan, I would have left lawless on, I would never play Elliott he has had no impact in this Division! would not play Muirhead ahead of the midfield as he always goes back and we end up with 3 centre backs

None of the changes today improved the team

Lawless was dead on his feet and should have been subbed 15 minutes earlier. I don't know about Archie but you should go unless you back up your pish with some solutions. Opinions are fine, relentless bitching and moaning just irk.

;)

I see the glasses are half empty for the usual suspects. Why can't you get behind the team and manager, instead of bitching from behind a keyboard. Thank **** you lot are not in the boardroom with suggestions of McPherson or Hartley for the managers job. We're in the league position where the vast majority of supporters thought we would be. Where did all the forum "experts" expect us to be - challenging for Europe? Get a grip, stop posting a lot of nonsense and get behind the team FFS.