Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Utter nonsense. Archie is the worst manager in the league by some distance. We'd be much higher in the league if it wasn't for him.

Hearts have picked up only 1 point less than us with an U20s team ffs.

McDonald under 20, Wilson under 20, Stevenson under 20 Hammill under 20...... thought not!!! Continue to let your belly rumble. I am gutted at what happened today but if Motherwell win their game in hand they are 2nd in the league...the negativity on here tonight beggars belief. A successful season for us is to be in this league next year. If that is via the play offs so be it. It looks like Dundee will come back up and if that's the case I will be shocked if Hamilton, Falkirk or A N Other will beat us over two legs and if they do we deserve to go down. If it happens that's the time to discuss the managerial position

McDonald under 20, Wilson under 20, Stevenson under 20 Hammill under 20...... thought not!!! Continue to let your belly rumble. I am gutted at what happened today but if Motherwell win their game in hand they are 2nd in the league...the negativity on here tonight beggars belief. A successful season for us is to be in this league next year. If that is via the play offs so be it. It looks like Dundee will come back up and if that's the case I will be shocked if Hamilton, Falkirk or A N Other will beat us over two legs and if they do we deserve to go down. If it happens that's the time to discuss the managerial position

As usual, mediocrity appears to be acceptable for you, Lindau.

I do not want to facing Hartley's Dundee in a play-off, because I do not believe we have the mentality or the defence to win it. And he certainly has the mentality to do so.

Our fate is at our own feet, but on the basis of results there has been no evidence at all that we are astute enough to secure it.

Imo if we want to progress as a club we have to stay in this league.If we were to go down I think we would lose the majority of the current team and I don't see us coming back up for a number of years.I believe that the current team are good enough to keep us in this league but unfortunately I don't think the manager is.His subs have cost us once again today.Why take of our best players and keep on 2players who were on yellow cards? I don't know when our next victory is going to be and when it comes to the play offs I cant see us holding on to a lead.I know he would not be a popular choise but I think Jimmy Calderwood could keep us up.What would be best we stick with Archie and imo go down or get in another manager who hopefully keeps us up and we get a chance to progress as a club?

As usual, mediocrity appears to be acceptable for you, Lindau.

I do not want to facing Hartley's Dundee in a play-off, because I do not believe we have the mentality or the defence to win it. And he certainly has the mentality to do so.

Our fate is at our own feet, but on the basis of results there has been no evidence at all that we are astute enough to secure it.

You think we were mediocre today against potentially the 2nd best team in the league? Really??? If so I can only assume you are still at school and haven't been following the team very long. As for Dundee, did you actually read my post.......I don't expect them to be in the play offs. Also sick to death hearing the Hearts u/20 shit when it clearly isn't the case!!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 4

Someone with a track record up here or down south will have one because they will have been with a club that can afford to provide the manager with funds to sign players who are good enough to compete in the SPL. If we go down that route, we don't have the budget to sign good enough players, and get left with the dross nobody else wants, hence why we have been out of the top flight for so long. What we can do however, is have a manager in place who knows the young players at the club. Knows what they can and cannot do, and trusts them enough to stick by them when times get hard. (as they were at times last season, and are now) The only way we can improve as a club, and become top flight regulars is, IMO, to keep with what we have and trust that both Archie and the players learn from this season, and are better for it next season. Getting rid to bring in experience may, or may not, help us stay up this season but what would it do in the long run? Back to square one as soon as we get relegated. Lets not forget, most of the players are also on just as steep a learning curve as Archie, so why assume its him that's not learning and not the players.

Problem is, we have signed good players, and retaining Archie will probably see us relegated, with the loss of our better players, leaving us facing Hearts, Falkirk, Rangers 2.0, with an inexperienced and poor team

You think we were mediocre today against potentially the 2nd best team in the league? Really??? If so I can only assume you are still at school and haven't been following the team very long. As for Dundee, did you actually read my post.......I don't expect them to be in the play offs. Sick to death hearing the Hearts u/20 shit when it clearly isn't the case!!

Forget the childish insults man.

Any chance we can have a debate based on facts?

For starters, our results are not good enough, and Dundee could quite possibly end up in the play-offs.

You think we were mediocre today against potentially the 2nd best team in the league? Really??? If so I can only assume you are still at school and haven't been following the team very long.

Come to terms with the fact that excessive happy clapping does not make you a better/more seasoned fan than anyone else.

For starters, our results are not good enough, and Dundee could quite possibly end up in the play-offs.

"No insult intended. If you think you are watching mediocrity I can only assume you have not been following the club very long!

Got to wonder at this point what benefit the Performance Analyst is to the club when the same errors are being made. What's happening with the data he is collecting and how are they using it? Because all of these points dropped so late in the game - Christ it doesn't even take an analyst to pinpoint the problem but at the same time could give more insight as to why this is happening. Might not be the first thing on the minds of many on the forum but I do feel it's an important aspect of the game in this day and age and we are one of the clubs who took the plunge and made an investment in this...much to the dismay of several fans on here. So where's the results??

"No insult intended. If you think you are watching mediocrity I can only assume you have not been following the club very long!

Since 1966 mate, which in itself does not necessarily make my opinion any more valid than yours.

What is frustrating about the current team is that it is the best pool of raw material that we have been presented with since the days of the Bay City Rollers, in my humble opinion. The fact that the management have been unable as yet to consolidate the winning mentality that we enjoyed up until October 2013 means that we are going backwards.

I get what you're saying but there's every danger that if we go down this season then real mediocrity could be back quicker than what you expect.

A stronger Hearts next season along with Sevco & an exodus from our club.

How do we prevent that? By staying up.

Are we going to stay up? Well we're not going down automatically but as I've said already, feel we're destined to end up in the play offs.

How do we stay up if in the play offs? Pray Dundee go up automatically.

How do we improve to make sure that we kick on? That's the million dollar question.

For me the current management team aren't working. 3rd quarter of the season & we're still making novice mistakes especially on defence. We cannot defend cross balls. This despite fact we have two defenders as the men at the helm of the club.

Like I said previously, the BoD won't sack them now which is fair enough but if they're serious about the club kicking on it has to be addressed in the Summer no matter what league we're in.

I don't think that sacking the manager is a terribly likely option and I have serious doubts as to whether it would actually do any good at this stage in the season. Whilst I'm not for sacking Archie, I think he's got to have a long hard look at himself, taking off your best two players is fine and dandy if its going to solidify the side. However, today we just fell appart giving away two truly awful goals, which would cause a schoolboy side to be embaressed. I actually thought the goalkeeper may have been a bit at fault, seems like Fox, Gallagher's a bit of a vampire! I'll not bother asking why the famouslly mobile Stephen McManus was totally unmaarked for Motherwell's winner. Or even wonder why when our management team consists of two defenders, why our side is so abject defensively. Its almost if they go to sleep at regular inervals, almost like a collective bout of nacrolepsy. Felt really sorry for Erskine and particular Higginbotham, both of whom payed well today and in the latters case quite superbly in the second half, his goal is a definite goal of the season contender IMHO.

Got to say, that was as hard a result to take as any in my nearly forty years of following Thistle. Don't think I've ever seen a bunch of grown men so close to tears as the Thistle support leaving Fir Park were today. I'd like to finish on a positive note but quite frankly I can't.

I am as dissappointed as the next Jags fan that we lost today, but I can't get down on the team or Archie. We need to give Motherwell credit for putting us under pressure to get the result sometimes you need to put your hands up.

We where excellent going forward in the second half we just didn't make the most of the chances the way they did. You can blame the defence for that I won't.

For what it is worth I felt Stuart Bannigan was the stand out player on the park but he was still part if a midfield that allowed theirs to put in two crosses that cost us.

Is this the results to date or the ones you think we will get? If Dundee could end up in the play offs we could end up avoiding them, I'm guessing that positive outcome doesn't sit comfortably with your negative disposition though?

Problem is, we have signed good players, and retaining Archie will probably see us relegated, with the loss of our better players, leaving us facing Hearts, Falkirk, Rangers 2.0, with an inexperienced and poor team

Only recently I.e January window. The players signed at the start of the season such as Baird and Kerr where not good enough, and we all know they were not Archie's first choices. They were signed to make the numbers up. The fact is we didn't have the budget to get the players he wanted. Since January the squad has looked far stronger. Getting beaten 4-3 away off a team who pumped us 5-1 at home only a matter of weeks ago and is on a great run is an improvement. Does Archie get no credit for turning the game around against Dundee utd? Or was that just down to the players?

• Like 1

Since 1966 mate, which in itself does not necessarily make my opinion any more valid than yours.

A bit behind me then...lol Take your point but my God mediocrity is not a word you should be using about this side in comparison to ones managed by Lamont, Rooney, Cormack, McLeod, Bryce, Johnstone, Campbell, just to name some from your era (and my own) Archie will be accountable if we go down and even if we do meet Dundee in the play offs I am confident we will beat them over two games...as I am with anyone in that league

Only recently I.e January window. The players signed at the start of the season such as Baird and Kerr where not good enough, and we all know they were not Archie's first choices. They were signed to make the numbers up. The fact is we didn't have the budget to get the players he wanted. Since January the squad has looked far stronger. Getting beaten 4-3 away off a team who pumped us 5-1 at home only a matter of weeks ago and is on a great run is an improvement. Does Archie get no credit for turning the game around against Dundee utd? Or was that just down to the players?

While most of your points are spot on, I believe that most people are concerned (rightly in my view) about losing 4-3 today from a winning position with only 5 minutes to go.

For starters, our reZsults are not good enough, and Dundee could quite possibly end up in the play-offs.

That's true. Dundee could still be in the playoff. However, there is no basis to your belief that we don't have the bottle to beat a championship team. We were able to do it last season and by the same token, Dundee didn't have the bottle. Also, if Dundee are in the playoff, then maybe they don't have the bottle this season, either.

That's true. Dundee could still be in the playoff. However, there is no basis to your belief that we don't have the bottle to beat a championship team. We were able to do it last season and by the same token, Dundee didn't have the bottle. Also, if Dundee are in the playoff, then maybe they don't have the bottle this season, either.

There is.

Tannadice 1996.

Trotter's post sums it up succinctly.

Trotters post is lopsided. On the one hand it suggests that the players are good enough for the premiership and will leave if we go down. But on the other hand he is complaining that those same players are not learning and keep making basic mistakes