Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Me as well M'Lady... Coming up for 58 years My dad took me to my 1st game when I was 2. I have only booed one player in my whole time watching us and believe it or not that was Bobby Law, when he gave a group of us the two fingered salute at a game at Kirkcaldy. Fair play to Bobby he apologised after the game and in the programme the following week. That said a lot about the guy. I support the club through think n thin and let's face it, it's usually thin!,. If that makes me a happy clapper so be it!

i wouldnt have apologized if it was me. ur entitled to ur opinion n so am i. n if youre booing me, when i'm tryin to do your team a turn ? yer oot of order. i wouldnt even have looked at you Edited by The Mighty Quinn

i wouldnt have apologized if it was me. ur entitled to ur opinion n so am i. n if youre booing me, when i'm tryin to do your team a turn ? yer oot of order. i wouldnt even have looked at you

Oh God you guys don't read do you. He got booed because he gave a two fingered salute to the fans that had forked out good money to support the team. The whole team were getting it that day (not from me I hasten to add) but Bobby was the one that reacted and you could see that he instantly regretted it

Edited by Lindau

I think Archie has earned the right to get till the end of the season based on last year, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with what he has done, and unless things radically improve, I'd like to see a bigger name in his place. Some dreadful statistics to his name this season and its a very poor league in comparison to times gone by. Mowbray, Owen Coyle, Lomas, plenty of big names out there who have done well at this level or higher in the past. Its not a case of for me "I'd sack him but I don't know who would replace him". Plenty of candidates available.

Oh God you guys don't read do you. He got booed because he gave a two fingered salute to the fans that had forked out god money to support the team. The whole team were getting it that day (not from me I hasten to add) but Bobby was the one that reacted and you could see that he instantly regretted it

read? what do books have to do wae it? ive never gied a thistle player abuse. never wid. they are a THISTLE PLAYER. means theyre 1 of us. its like family. wid u slap yer granny if she put too much salt in the lentil broth? course not! Edited by The Mighty Quinn

read? what do books have to do wae it? ive never gied a thistle player abuse. never wid. they are a THISTLE PLAYER. means theyre 1 of us. its like family. wid u slap yer granny if she put too much salt in the lentil broth? course not!

Eh.........ok!!

A lot of fans on this forum are saying we should not expect much more because we are playing established premier teams.Well the only way you become an established team is to stay in the league for a number of years.I think we have a team that can do that,but the management team must now prove that they can do it.Archie got praise for getting us promotion and rightly so,but by the same token some fans want to distance him from bad results this season and imo you cant do that.If we stay up this season job done.But imo Archie will need to show next season that he has learned from his mistakes and hopefully in a few years time we will be one of those established clubs.

• Like 1

• Members

So what's the answer? All season long we haven't coped well with the high ball flung into our central defence. Maybe the answer is to go for 3 through the centre at the back, especially for away days or when we're defending a lead. Gabby I think is probably the best ariel defender we have but he's competing for the spot that Mair holds down. I don't know if any of the four central defenders we have are any good as a Sweeper, Mair is probably going to be the most suited owing to his experience. So I'd like to see us give this formation a try out and get SOD back as a wing back along with ATS.

We really need to tighten up for a bit to try and get back on the rails, so back 5, 4 in the middle and continue with 1 up front. Only problem with this is I don't think we can afford to have Erskine and Higgy in the same midfield playing with this formation.

So what's the answer? All season long we haven't coped well with the high ball flung into our central defence. Maybe the answer is to go for 3 through the centre at the back, especially for away days or when we're defending a lead. Gabby I think is probably the best ariel defender we have but he's competing for the spot that Mair holds down. I don't know if any of the four central defenders we have are any good as a Sweeper, Mair is probably going to be the most suited owing to his experience. So I'd like to see us give this formation a try out and get SOD back as a wing back along with ATS.

We really need to tighten up for a bit to try and get back on the rails, so back 5, 4 in the middle and continue with 1 up front. Only problem with this is I don't think we can afford to have Erskine and Higgy in the same midfield playing with this formation.

I think much depends in what you think is the bigger failing, losing too many goals in the air or losing late goals/failing to hold on to a lead. The extra height from having a third central defender would help with the former but might just exasperate the latter by defending too deep as the game goes on.

Gut feeling is (cliché alert) we don't do enough defending in the opposition half. Had we held the ball up better up the field late on against Hibs, Ross Co and yesterday for instance our opponents would've likely run out of time to get a draw/win.

• Like 1

Serious question.

How many folk would've accepted 11 potential points being thrown away in the last 5 minutes (as in match position at 85minutes) this season from any other manager except Archibald?

How many folk on here would have accepted 10 goals conceded in last 5 mins across all competitions this season from any other manager except Archibald?

How many folk on here would've accepted no home league wins by mid Feb from any other manager except Archibald?

If it was Campbell, Bryce, Johnstone, Whyte, Collins, Lamont etc then there would've been chants at the game by now I'm sure.

The season started in August. Even Hearts youths have learned by now to see it out to pick up & hold on to points but according to Archibald "we're young & have to start learning".

That excuse no longer washes with my I'm afraid.

Yesterday, Gallacher, McMillan, Mair & Bauben all have SPL experience previously. Then you have Higginbotham & Taylor who have both played at a higher level. That's more than half the team.

Then you have Erskine who, with the greatest of respect, isn't a kid. ATS who looks destined for a bigger move/club & Banzo who is a U21 international representative.

That leaves Balatoni & Gary Fraser as our 'youngsters'.

Said it previously. I know he won't be sacked but if this pattern continues to the end of the season then it should be Archibald who is leaving the club as it's him & his coaching team that aren't learning.

Serious question.

How many folk would've accepted 11 potential points being thrown away in the last 5 minutes (as in match position at 85minutes) this season from any other manager except Archibald?

How many folk on here would have accepted 10 goals conceded in last 5 mins across all competitions this season from any other manager except Archibald?

How many folk on here would've accepted no home league wins by mid Feb from any other manager except Archibald?

If it was Campbell, Bryce, Johnstone, Whyte, Collins, Lamont etc then there would've been chants at the game by now I'm sure.

The season started in August. Even Hearts youths have learned by now to see it out to pick up & hold on to points but according to Archibald "we're young & have to start learning".

That excuse no longer washes with my I'm afraid.

Yesterday, Gallacher, McMillan, Mair & Bauben all have SPL experience previously. Then you have Higginbotham & Taylor who have both played at a higher level. That's more than half the team.

Then you have Erskine who, with the greatest of respect, isn't a kid. ATS who looks destined for a bigger move/club & Banzo who is a U21 international representative.

That leaves Balatoni & Gary Fraser as our 'youngsters'.

Said it previously. I know he won't be sacked but if this pattern continues to the end of the season then it should be Archibald who is leaving the club as it's him & his coaching team that aren't learning.

Good post.

If he wasn't a playing legend he would be under a lot more pressure.

A commonly used excuse on here is that we could have a worse manager or be worse off. Whilst that is true but the again we could have a better manager and should be better off.

You are not going to get many people agreeing that 22 minus 6 is 15......dear oh dear!!

Sorry you are quite right we are one point ahead of a team - excluding their points deduction- who have 5 players over 20 and can't put out a full subs bench ....in fact we are having a great season with no issues or problems ....oh and if you point out where you we can improve your being awfully negative.....so I hope the manager is being negative big time!

Sorry you are quite right we are one point ahead of a team - excluding their points deduction- who have 5 players over 20 and can't put out a full subs bench ....in fact we are having a great season with no issues or problems ....oh and if you point out where you we can improve your being awfully negative.....so I hope the manager is being negative big time!

Was only pointing out your arithmetic skills along with your memory skills from the early part of this thread...(you know, the bit where you threw your toys out the pram and said you wouldn't post again because of the abuse you were getting, for abuse, read facts)...are severely lacking. I take it that you think the same about Ross Co, St Mirren and Killie seeing as we are all in a dogfight as well. Personally I don't give a toss about Hearts, all I am concerned about is being in this league next season and if that is via the play offs I will consider it a successful season! I will say it again. If we are relegated Archie's job should be on the line. Suffice to say I personally don't see us getting relegated but that is only my opinion.

Edited by Lindau

I think Archie has earned the right to get till the end of the season based on last year, but that doesn't mean I'm happy with what he has done, and unless things radically improve, I'd like to see a bigger name in his place. Some dreadful statistics to his name this season and its a very poor league in comparison to times gone by. Mowbray, Owen Coyle, Lomas, plenty of big names out there who have done well at this level or higher in the past. Its not a case of for me "I'd sack him but I don't know who would replace him". Plenty of candidates available.

There may be people available but are they affordable ?

2lavgx5.jpg

Hell broth boil, hell broth bubble,

3 little witches causing trouble

Javeajag, The Cup and their wee pal Trotter

Jobbies, slime, poo and snotter.

Stir the cauldron with their hate

Positive comments canny contemplate.

Spirit of McNamara snake

In the cauldron boil and bake;

Add in frog bile, guts and jaws

Archie hating fannibaws

X X X

• Like 3

2lavgx5.jpg

Spirit of McNamara snake

Archie hating fannibaws

X X X

:clapping:

• Like 1

2lavgx5.jpg

Spirit of McNamara snake

Archie hating fannibaws

X X X

And post of the year award goes to....

For all the naysayer's, believe it or not, Archie isn't immune from from criticism.

Course he isn't immune, I am sure he is aware of his mistakes too....As frustrating as yesterday was, we are at supposedly one of the top sides and more than competed, this time last yr that was miles away, I'd say that is progress. Who's to say another manager wouldn't have got us promoted and in the top 6, I guess we will never know...but we will stay up because we are better than at least one team around us...stay up and that is more progress for me, then we go again...

2lavgx5.jpg

Spirit of McNamara snake

Archie hating fannibaws

X X X

Interesting post to say the least.

Maybe instead of trying to be Shakespeare & including me in your little ditty you should try answering any of the points I've put in the last few pages.

No? Thought not.

I've said all along I know he won't be sacked but as 'Yellow & redneck' has pointed out, he shouldn't be immune from criticism.

If you think that there's not a problem in conceding the amount of goals we have in last 5 minutes of games then tell us.