Lyle Taylor

jonboy

Good signing. Remember his banging them in at Falkirk - anyone know how many he scored for them?

What the thoughts of him playing upfront himself or alongside dools and dropping a midfielder from the normal starting formation?!

Wikipedia has 24 goals in 34 games. Including a long range strike against Fox in the opening game of last season.

Drop Higginbotham, move Lawless over to the left and have Doolan supporting Taylor.

I'd say Doolan will play and Taylor also. Doolan is clever enough to exploit spaces created by having someone else in the box. Taylor is a goalscorer and a good centre forward, but Doolan is different. He doesn't get enough credit for his reading of the game and quickness of thought. Some of his goals this season have been brilliant and normally down to his movement, quick thinking and touch.

I'm optimistic.

I'd settle for a 2 or 3 goal victory at Parkhead now.

Edited by cjptfc
  • Like 1

There is no way Doolan should be dropped. He has scored plenty of goals and is peforming well.

I'd perhaps look at playing them both in a 4-4-2 or a 3-5-2. It is clear that our current formation isn't working (we're still missing Erskine who was a lot more direct than Higginbotham), it worked last season as we could attack through the middle much better using a combination of Erskine, Forbes and Lawless. Now we're up against bigger boys who don't let us attack the middle and give us plenty of space out wide, where do do have strength in beating men but we can't cross the ball for toffee.

I like the idea of moving to 4-4-2 as it means our width comes from midfield instead of defense, however I don't think it addresses the defensive issues completely. One of my mates was making a good case for a 3-5-2 last night, and I think the man to sort our problems would have been Shaggy in the centre of that three.

bit late with that info mate, but its just the kind of signing we need up front. Lets hope he bangs a few in on Wednesday!

when your working in Malaysia you have no concept of time back in the Uk, and when you are working in temperatures of 35 degrees I have absolutely no concept of what day it is. Lol

when your working in Malaysia you have no concept of time back in the Uk, and when you are working in temperatures of 35 degrees I have absolutely no concept of what day it is. Lol

Same happens here this time of the year but it's the drink that causes the same things you are experiencing.

Wish it was as warm here though :)

Edited by billko

Wikipedia has 24 goals in 34 games. Including a long range strike against Fox in the opening game of last season.

Drop Higginbotham, move Lawless over to the left and have Doolan supporting Taylor.

Drop Higginbotham?! you are delusional! He has been consistently the best attacking player on the park for the past few games, creating options all over the park and has a great first touch and vision. You would have to be a total muppet to drop him.

Drop Higginbotham?! you are delusional! He has been consistently the best attacking player on the park for the past few games, creating options all over the park and has a great first touch and vision. You would have to be a total muppet to drop him.

I thought he was mince against ICT. He gave the ball away on several occasions in good positions and missed a complete sitter.

It's either him, Lawless or Elliott.

Lawless has been playing well and Elliott has done nothing wrong.

I thought he was mince against ICT. He gave the ball away on several occasions in good positions and missed a complete sitter.

It's either him, Lawless or Elliott.

Lawless has been playing well and Elliott has done nothing wrong.

He was the creator of almost all the chances in the ICT game all Doolan and Lawless had to do was put away the chances he created, it seems he is now expected to do everything since the chances he creates the other forwards cannot take advantage of. I like Lawless but apart from small spells where he has a burst of energy its not been happening for the wee man, the touch isn't there a lot of the time.

As well as scoring goals in his own right he will allow Archie to give Doolan a rest. We seem to forget that Kris and Stevie Craig alternated starting duties and bith still finished with healthy goal tallies.

I feel they can work together with Lyle holding the line and Dools playing off his shoulder.

Adds a bit of physicality and height to the squad too, no bad thing as it was men against boys yesterday, at times.