Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

The club is doing itself no favours by treating ST holders like me differently to pay at the gate fans who hold a voucher from the call off. Either both should be free entry or both say £5 to cover costs. Fair to all who attended the call off.

What about season ticket holders who got a, or several, vouchers...what you think they plan(ned) to do with them?

£10 might have been fairer, but I feel £12 is reasonable.

What about season ticket holders who got a, or several, vouchers...what you think they plan(ned) to do with them?

Do you know of any ST holders who were desperate to hang about in the pissing rain so that they could get a voucher for a game that they didn't need one for?

No vouchers needed for ST holders Scamps. No additional charge for ST holders for the game.

You are right: it IS outrageous. Football fans get treated like shit by the clubs they support and it is almost beyond belief that there are so many fans that are daft enough to think this is a reasonable way to treat people. Of course, we don't have as many fans as we used to. Maybe lots of them have grown tired of being treated like doormats and voted with their feet and wallets.

Perennially outraged alert. I suppose after a good win there's got to be something to complain about.

I was one of the ST chumps who queued in the rain to get a voucher, purely because I couldn't make out a word that guy on the PA said. So I'm assuming he said ST holders didn't need a voucher then?

Well if anyone wants one (two actually, as the wife got one as well) PM me.

Perennially outraged alert. I suppose after a good win there's got to be something to complain about.

Being treated like a numpty is something worth complaining about.

We have crap catering, duff hospitality, poor merchandise, poor communication blah blah blah. Everything has been said in other threads and is undeniable. It may be boring to hear it, but it is true and they will never take the bother to improve on anything if people just keep rolling up to be ripped off or treated like crap.

I've had my fill of it. I'll be there on Saturday and the following week (skipping on the catering) but they can forget it for the re-arranged St. J game. As far as I am concerned I have paid for that once. I'm not paying twice.

A point that can be extrapolated from your comment is that the club (rather than playing) management seem incapable of exploiting or building on any kind of feelgood factor generated on the pitch.

• Like 2

It sucks. One of these things I suppose.

Club damned if they do & damned if the don't I think, although the cheaper the better.

I'm a season ticket holder, but don't think this should be included totally free - even a £5 charge would make a difference & would help subsidise non-ST holders. Most reasonable fans would understand this surely? Costs exist, but a good crowd is important too.

Edited by Gary Peebles Tackle

It sucks. One of these things I suppose.

Club damned if they do & damned if the don't I think, although the cheaper the better.

I'm a season ticket holder, but don't think this should be included totally free - even a £5 charge would make a difference & would help subsidise non-ST holders. Most reasonable fans would understand this surely? Costs exist, but a good crowd is important too.

As a season ticket holder a £5 charge wouldn't bother me - however, as has already been pointed out on this thread it would open a can of worms - it could lead to some ST holders taking the hump and not renewing so it would be a risky strategy. I'd imagine most ST miss at least one or two games (I was away for the Killie game and had no intention of ever going to the Celtic game) - if you reverse the principle would they not be due some cash back?

Expecting the non ST holders to carry the costs of an additional game onto their season ticket holders entitlement is a major goodwill gaff by the club. Having endured a soaking, incurred the additional travel costs and witnessed the worst football experience of over 40 years of going to Firhill first time around, I certainly have no intention of paying more than 1.5 times the cost for 1.5 games, so will now be giving the rearranged game a pass. I will also not be bothering going along to any other games in terrible weather conditions, if this the policy the club has adopted for abandoned matches.

As a season ticket holder a £5 charge wouldn't bother me - however, as has already been pointed out on this thread it would open a can of worms - it could lead to some ST holders taking the hump and not renewing so it would be a risky strategy. I'd imagine most ST miss at least one or two games (I was away for the Killie game and had no intention of ever going to the Celtic game) - if you reverse the principle would they not be due some cash back?

Not really, similar to the non ST holder who attended the St Johnstone game only being entitled inadequately discounted entry to the re-arramged game, which they may not be able to attend

I think charging a tenner might have caused less outrage. Half price, easier sum to swallow.

Can't see many of the St Johnstone fans making the effort to travel on what will no doubt be another miserable night of weather.

The club might just about make a net financial win out of this, but I can't see a decent crowd turning up.

Being treated like a numpty is something worth complaining about. We have crap catering, duff hospitality, poor merchandise, poor communication blah blah blah. Everything has been said in other threads and is undeniable. It may be boring to hear it, but it is true and they will never take the bother to improve on anything if people just keep rolling up to be ripped off or treated like crap. I've had my fill of it. I'll be there on Saturday and the following week (skipping on the catering) but they can forget it for the re-arranged St. J game. As far as I am concerned I have paid for that once. I'm not paying twice. A point that can be extrapolated from your comment is that the club (rather than playing) management seem incapable of exploiting or building on any kind of feelgood factor generated on the pitch.

The club made the same gaff with the infamous Aberdeeen abandonment of 92-93, when the game was stopped after 54 minutes due to snow. In its infinite wisdom it chose to charge full price for the rearranged fixture, which many, including myself, boycotted as a consequence.

(Those of us who stayed away got the better deal as we were duly sheep-shagged 0-7.)

Haha, yes the Aberdeen game came to my mind as well, I was at both and no voucher as the second half had kicked off. The legendary broken brush incident in the first and the only cheer from Thistle fans as the game got abandoned at 2-0. They had the last laugh though, as we couldn't handle Jess and Shearer.

So, and whilst I haven't read the whole thread, my stub says 'complimentary' - I take it that means I get in at the reduced rate of £12 and not free as the word complimentary would suggest?

Just curious really as overall matchday costs are quite high for me, and so am unlikely to make the re-arranged game anyway. Thing is, I'm dreading this happening again on Saturday if some of the weather reports I've been hearing are anything to go by.

I take it as representatives of its members and shareholders, the Jags Trust have an opinion?

I've received a formal request to raise the issue with the club this morning and I've started that process. Will feedback to members as soon as I've had a satisfactory response.

It's not about the Trust having an opinion; it's about representing our members.

Put simply it's not fair to expect those who came out in that atrocious weather and paid £20 to get in for half a game to pay another £12 when season ticket holders get in for nothing. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or can go to every game. £6 for everyone who has a season ticket or a ticket stub/voucher seems fair to me

If we put the couple of hundred Saints in the JHS and close the Main Stand how much does it cost to have the floodlights on for 3 hours and a skeleton police/stewarding presence (lowest league gate of the season inevitable)? Almost every non ST holder who goes to that game is going to feel ripped off by the club, its the pay at the gate fans who we need to encourage to come back more often, maybe by a ST next season, etc. This won't help.

And if it was an away game and the home team did this to us I wouldn't be going to the re-arranged game and the club in question would be moving right up my priority list of away games to miss in future.

Put simply it's not fair to expect those who came out in that atrocious weather and paid £20 to get in for half a game to pay another £12 when season ticket holders get in for nothing. Not everyone can afford a season ticket or can go to every game. £6 for everyone who has a season ticket or a ticket stub/voucher seems fair to me

Adult season ticket holders don't get in for nothing - they paid up front for home league games. I'd have no problem being charged an extra few quid but on a point of principle (not necessarily money - we're talking peanuts here) I'm not sure everyone would agree.

Edited by Charlie Endell

Adult season ticket holders don't get in for nothing - they paid up front for home league games. I'd have no problem being charged an extra few quid but on a point of principle (not necessarily money - we're talking peanuts here) I'm not sure everyone would agree.

Your ST entitled you entry to original game, my £20 did the same for me, it gets abandoned half way through, ST holder gets into re-arranged game for nothing, I need to pay £12, I really dont get it

• Like 2