Jags V Saints

The Cup

....................... Gallacher ......................

.......... Balatoni .. Mair .. Muirhead .........

O'Donnell................................. McMillan

.................. Craigen ... Fraser ...............

.. Higginbotham ...................... Erskine ..

........................... Taylor .........................

But I think archie will do:

..................... Gallacher ......................

O'Donnell .. Balatoni .. Mair .. McMillan

.............. Muirhead ... Fraser .................

.. Higginbotham .. Lawless.. Erskine ..

........................ Taylor ..........................

....................... Gallacher ......................

.......... Balatoni .. Mair .. Muirhead .........

O'Donnell................................. McMillan

.................. Craigen ... Fraser ...............

.. Higginbotham ...................... Erskine ..

........................... Taylor .........................

But I think archie will do:

..................... Gallacher ......................

O'Donnell .. Balatoni .. Mair .. McMillan

.............. Muirhead ... Fraser .................

.. Higginbotham .. Lawless.. Erskine ..

........................ Taylor ..........................

I think we might see the personnel of your first line up, and the formation of the second. Craigen in the front of the midfield means that we press further up the park, put more pressure on the ball and defend from the front (three cliches, apologies). I wouldn't expect to see Higginbotham, Lawless and Erskine in the same team as we might lose that feature.

Best team for me is:

Gallacher

SOD Mair Balatoni MacMillan

Muirhead Fraser

Lawless Erskine Higginbotham

Taylor

I'd prefer not to have Muirhead in midfield but I'd prefer him to Craigen at defensive midfield; St Johnstone have a few dangerous players in that area. Mon the Jags, 3 points finally.

Hopefully we'll see Erskine picking up the ball in space and linking the play. I don't have any issue playing Doolan as he links up so well with Erskine but first choice is still Taylor.

Edited by simoncordiner

You wouldn't really know there was a game on judging by the OS. I appreciate it's a re-arranged game but there isn't even any entry details up let alone a match preview.

Match is on Radio Scotland tonight.

Match Previews for midweek games tend to go online lunchtime of the day of the game so as to try and make sure the team news is up to date as possible.

This is the splash page for the website:

http://ptfc.co.uk/

And these are the admission details

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2013-2014/fixtures_results/2101_st_johnstone/admission

Gallacher

SOD - Mair - Piccolo - McMillan

Muirhead/Craigen - Fraser

Lawless - Erskine - Higginbotham

Doolan

With Taylor coming on for Doolan in the second half at some point. Also probably give Elliott/Baird a game, and Forbes come on for Erskine at some stage as I don't know what kind of fitness he'll have. I appreciate he was in Dundee United's starting 11 at the weekend, but before this was he not injured? May not have the full 90 in him, especially if he was playing at the weekend. Not sure about who to play alongside Fraser, as I'm not particularly keen on either of them being played in that holding position, but needs must. At a push I'd probably say start Craigen, but I change my mind about this one all the time.

Got a feeling we'll do it tonight and finally break that duck at home. Think it might be in our best interests to score late in the game so the team has less time to panic but I'll take any goals and a win to be honest. It's getting to the stage where I'd take 90 minutes of Stoke type football and 1 shot all game to get that home win, but fancy it tonight. This saints team are missing a few key players, and if the defence can do what they did to Boyd at the weekend against Stevie May, that should eliminate most of their threat, although obviously other players like Hasselbaink are a handful.

Fancy 2-0 Thistle, Erskine and Doolan.

Match Previews for midweek games tend to go online lunchtime of the day of the game so as to try and make sure the team news is up to date as possible.

This is the splash page for the website:

http://ptfc.co.uk/

And these are the admission details

http://ptfc.co.uk/teams/senior/seasons/2013-2014/fixtures_results/2101_st_johnstone/admission

Thank you Tom.

Think we'll see a different sort of threat from May than we did from Boyd. He's a bit more mobile and direct than Boyd. Let's hope the defence don't give him the chance to face goal too many times.

Agreed.

May is a different challenge, he is more like McKay at Caley. I am confident we can keep May quiet though, he barely troubled us last season and we dealt with him well at Perth this season. Also, we have kept McKay quiet both games against Caley. Our defence don't tend to do badly against the "prolific" strikers, even Boyd in the last match.

It is the wings I am concerned about. McMillan in his less comfortable slot (assuming he is left-back) and SOD hasn't been solid defensively recently. That coupled with possibly Higgy and Erskine in front of those players leaves us weak defensively down the flanks.

Edited by mhs

eight hours to go, and the butterflies have kicked in.

cannot wait for tonight and the sight of the bridge in red and yellow, the sound of firhill rocking to chris erkine songs.

the homecoming. under the lights. a raucous electric atmosphere. glorious. unmissable. be there !!!!

• Like 1

Gallacher

SOD - Mair - Piccolo - McMillan

Muirhead/Craigen - Fraser

Lawless - Erskine - Higginbotham

Doolan

With Taylor coming on for Doolan in the second half at some point. Also probably give Elliott/Baird a game, and Forbes come on for Erskine at some stage as I don't know what kind of fitness he'll have. I appreciate he was in Dundee United's starting 11 at the weekend, but before this was he not injured? May not have the full 90 in him, especially if he was playing at the weekend. Not sure about who to play alongside Fraser, as I'm not particularly keen on either of them being played in that holding position, but needs must. At a push I'd probably say start Craigen, but I change my mind about this one all the time.

Got a feeling we'll do it tonight and finally break that duck at home. Think it might be in our best interests to score late in the game so the team has less time to panic but I'll take any goals and a win to be honest. It's getting to the stage where I'd take 90 minutes of Stoke type football and 1 shot all game to get that home win, but fancy it tonight. This saints team are missing a few key players, and if the defence can do what they did to Boyd at the weekend against Stevie May, that should eliminate most of their threat, although obviously other players like Hasselbaink are a handful.

Fancy 2-0 Thistle, Erskine and Doolan.

Aah! The good old days!