Tag

jagscast

The community initiative is still the link on the trusts site, I actually thought the JT and the club were doing 2 different initiatives, is the JT also involved with the Partick Thistle Charity Trust or is it just a club involvement

The Charity/community Trust is independent from the club, though I believe that David Beattie is also the 'chairperson' for them as well as at PTFC LTD. They also get money from The Weir tie-in (ASFAIK).

The Jags Trust are still involved though, and are sponsoring the PTFC Ladies strip and will also be hoping to help them out throughout the season in terms of helping to fundraise, etc as the Ladies team do not getting any help from the Weir tie-in as it stands.

cheers jags365.. so none of youse are involved at board level then??

No. The community Trust was set up *warning - cynical hat* mainly so PTFC can regain control of the Firhill complex - but obviously they do a lot of great work within the community and the Jags Trust are more than happy to do what we can to support that. Hopefully the sponsorship of the Ladies team will be a long and successful one and help us get more involved with the Community side of things while linking in with PTFC.

We have had our own fundraising for Community interests and we've helped groups out with donations, most recently Maryhill Foodbank and of course Community Central Halls itself with the festive raffle (50% of proceeds go to CCH).

No. The community Trust was set up *warning - cynical hat* mainly so PTFC can regain control of the Firhill complex - but obviously they do a lot of great work within the community and the Jags Trust are more than happy to do what we can to support that. Hopefully the sponsorship of the Ladies team will be a long and successful one and help us get more involved with the Community side of things while linking in with PTFC.

We have had our own fundraising for Community interests and we've helped groups out with donations, most recently Maryhill Foodbank and of course Community Central Halls itself with the festive raffle (50% of proceeds go to CCH).

So are you's still doing this http://www.thistle123.com/thistledefault.html as your charity initiative or is that finished and its sponsoring the Ladies team

So are you's still doing this http://www.thistle12...tledefault.html as your charity initiative or is that finished and its sponsoring the Ladies team

I think you'll find that most of the projects listed on that site are now being run by the Community Trust, certainly things like Community coaching, Firhill Music Project (though in a slightly different guise than previously) and the fitness programme (now the FFit programme).

The main focus for the rest of 2014 (and hopefully beyond) is the Ladies team yes, but as before we're always happy to support other community initiatives, and continue to do so.

However, from the information given out at the time it appeared that the 'Supporters Federation' would not be of elected members and would not be a viable route to fan ownership or even a place on the PTFC LTD Board. So from that point of view we fell that the Trust is still the best way of achieving that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's appreciated. I've deleted out the TAG stuff as i think any sane person would agree that if done right, its a great thing for the club.

However, it's when it comes to the federation that i think the majority will take a differing stance to the trust.

The reason being, i can say that a seat on the board isn't the be all and end all. Infact it can be the exact opposite. A Board Rep is tied down by confidentiality clauses (rightly). So the "major" talking points, will never leave the boardroom. The trust board, and therefore the trust members will never hear what is really going on.

I used to get a lift home after trust meetings with Keiron, and he was so frustrated by his position as board rep, because he couldn't share the weight he was carrying, he felt he was letting the members down, it left him depressed and angry by the situation.

As i say, having a board rep isn't the only way to influence the board. infact, i would place it last on the list, if you don't have the respect of the club board, if you don't "prove your worth" as it were, then you can turn up to every club board meeting, represent the trust as well as you think, but for all you know, the club board could be sitting going "listen to this idiot, pratling on".

I think the trust grew an arrogance over the years, that there was an expectation that we have 1 million shares, give us a seat at the top table, i think the trust genuinely believed that they had the club's hands tied and if the club said no, there would be a fans revolt... there wasn't, folk just shruged their shoulders.

i think i'm right in saying that there was a federation before save the jags? i'm sure there are still a few federation folk who have no time what so ever for the trust, and never will.

I think the a federation offers an opportunity for every fan to have an influence, to have a voice. not just one members group being represented in a closed doors meeting.

i think the trust get too tied down in the objective:

• to encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the board of any company owning or controlling the Club and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the board

It's only one objective in a list of 6, and yet although listed as number 5, the trust board always seem to believe it as most important.

Just because the federation doesn't fulfill this single objective, doesn't mean you shouldn't support it.

If the community is the fanbase, then the federation meets objective 1 of the trust, it also meets objective 4. so you should support the federation.

You say that the trust is still the best way to achieve fan ownership or a place on the board, it's probably the only way. Though it's interesting to note that fan ownership isn't one of the 6 objectives of the trust.

Can i ask, as the federation doesn't support fan ownership or "boardroom" representation, will the trust turn down the invitation to be part of the federation?

As mentioned, we were basically trying to gauge people's views on what would happen if TAG were to relaunch and try to advise the club (along with the other delegates) as clearly there wouldn't be much point in doing it if no-one would sign up!

Sorry, i'm not sure i understand, you (the trust) started this thread to gauge fan opinion, to take to the meeting on saturday? i assume the other delegates, as you call them, are the folk who have also been invited along?

In attempting to gain that information, Davy, who couldn't get signed on, posed 1 question only...

If the TAG scheme was relaunched next month, what would your reaction be?

Thats it, no reason for asking the question (the meeting taking place) no advice on what would happen with our (non members) feedback (it now turns out it would be used to be taken to the club). The trust has a website, it could easily set up a multiple choice questionaire (you could have asked David Beattie's future son in law), and provided a link to it on here. that would have been a great way to gauge opinion...

Incidentally, can you go back to post 31 and 61 on this thread, and see if your suggestion that this thread was purely to get opinion from fans, for you to take back to the club, is displayed in either of those two posts? i'd say they certainly don't infer that.

If you want to filter out the trust specifics and start a new thread, that's fine by me, sir.

Bear in mind though, last nights conversations with 365 really took it off topic re charitable stuff... If anything I brought it back on topic regarding tag & the federation and the trusts opinion of them. Haha

Edited by potty trained

your quote

I agree with what you say to an extent about the Trust being too bogged down in the issue of board rep etc, and I have found myself in the past thinking "right stuff it, lets just get on with doing something else rather than navel gazing" and that's definitely something the Trust needs to address.

I don't think I ever said that the Trust would NOT support the Federation (and yes there used to be one before the Jags Trust, but that's way before my time so I have almost no knowledge of it) and obviously if we were invited - we haven't been now, or previously - then that's something we would look at and discuss.

I am unaware who has been invited to this meeting hosted by Jim and Grieg Brown on Saturday other than representatives from the Trust and the supporters buses. JJ alluded earlier to different sections of the support and I'm sure as many as can be reasonably represented will be.

The invitation states that there will be 'a presentation on the current status of TAG and where we go from here' Davy I think was just looking ahead into 1 possible scenario ie if the club relaunch it.

I'm not going to get drawn into the look at the posts thing as there's no real point. Fair enough if you (and others) feel that they maybe weren't the clearest posts, but hopefully now everyone is aware we were trying to get a bit of discussion going about TAG and how people would react IF it were to re-launch, which just to be clear again - the Trust has no say in.

Donald - All Supporters Branches including Bishopbriggs - Under 12s Represented by two Parents - 12- 16 Year Olds represented by Manpreet etc - Disabled Supporters - Star & Garter /Maryhill - North Stand - Nomads - Jags Trust - its a first meeting things will develop /evolve over time.

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

I agree with what you say to an extent about the Trust being too bogged down in the issue of board rep etc, and I have found myself in the past thinking "right stuff it, lets just get on with doing something else rather than navel gazing" and that's definitely something the Trust needs to address. I don't think I ever said that the Trust would NOT support the Federation (and yes there used to be one before the Jags Trust, but that's way before my time so I have almost no knowledge of it) and obviously if we were invited - we haven't been now, or previously - then that's something we would look at and discuss. I am unaware who has been invited to this meeting hosted by Jim and Grieg Brown on Saturday other than representatives from the Trust and the supporters buses. JJ alluded earlier to different sections of the support and I'm sure as many as can be reasonably represented will be. The invitation states that there will be 'a presentation on the current status of TAG and where we go from here' Davy I think was just looking ahead into 1 possible scenario ie if the club relaunch it. I'm not going to get drawn into the look at the posts thing as there's no real point. Fair enough if you (and others) feel that they maybe weren't the clearest posts, but hopefully now everyone is aware we were trying to get a bit of discussion going about TAG and how people would react IF it were to re-launch, which just to be clear again - the Trust has no say in.
- Donald Im not sure where the concept of relaunch has come from or where Davy picked up that's what is happening - TAG has been launched - implementation has been delayed and that's being addressed- but it has not being cancelled nor is it going to be. Yes we will have challenges due to the delay BUT this project will be delivered, late Yes - but it will be delivered Edited by Jordanhill Jag

- Donald Im not sure where the concept of relaunch has come from or where Davy picked up that's what is happening - TAG has been launched - implementation has been delayed and that's being addressed- but it has not being cancelled nor is it going to be. Yes we will have challenges due to the delay BUT this project will be delivered, late Yes - but it will be delivered

Apologies Jim - 'relaunch' is obviously the wrong phrase - but it's easier to type than implementation!

Donald - All Supporters Branches including Bishopbriggs - Under 12s Represented by two Parents - 12- 16 Year Olds represented by Manpreet etc - Disabled Supporters - Star & Garter /Maryhill - North Stand - Nomads - Jags Trust - its a first meeting things will develop /evolve over time.

Looking forward to the meeting and would be great to see all of these groups of fans represented there as well.

Edited by jags365

Read all the posts regarding the Tag scheme and people playing the blame game,when it was launched it was exactly at the right time before the Morton game when interest was at its optimum . The team was flying high,massive crowd that night,the absolute perfect time to launch the Tag scheme. Now we're almost a year down the line crowds are dwindling,all the fair weather supporters have all but disappeared as they don't fancy watching a team trying to get to grips with the Premier League so all you're going to be left with just now is a core support of 2500/3000 supporters who aren't all ST holders. How the club even think they could get some of these supporters back onside is definitely a question that needs answered. Running any successful business is having key employees in the right positions and being accountable if things go wrong.This year we've had the debacle of the Season Tickets being a month late,Centenary Fund not being drawn ( 2 months in a row),St Johnstone fiasco etc etc . The TAG scheme in my opinion is a dead duck, would much rather get the basics right and get rid of this Cuddly Toy of Scottish Football image which is hardly a claim to fame.

- Donald Im not sure where the concept of relaunch has come from or where Davy picked up that's what is happening - TAG has been launched - implementation has been delayed and that's being addressed- but it has not being cancelled nor is it going to be. Yes we will have challenges due to the delay BUT this project will be delivered, late Yes - but it will be delivered

Four basic questions for you as the club's Marketing Director.

Why has TAG's implementation been delayed by almost a year now?

Who is responsible for the delay?

Why have supporters not been officially informed about the delay by the club?

When will TAG be delivered and by whom?

Season ticket holders (who are/were entitled to free membership) and supporters who want/wanted to join are owed an official explanation asap.

Season ticket holders (who are/were entitled to free membership) and supporters who want/wanted to join are owed an official explanation asap.

I was expecting that these would be items discussed at the meeting on Saturday. And then fed back through official club correspondence.

Kni, I agree with this, and there is plenty more. In responding to my invite received from Kirsty McKee stated that an explanation as to what Brian Donald is actually doing/ever did in relation to TAG would be useful

Will,you be attending this weekend?

Kni, I agree with this, and there is plenty more. In responding to my invite received from Kirsty McKee stated that an explanation as to what Brian Donald is actually doing/ever did in relation to TAG would be useful

Will,you be attending this weekend?

Sadly, I can't attend due to a close family visit. I am also looking after a very close friend who is recovering from a very serious illness that almost killed him. The consultants gave him a 10% chance of survival but he made it. The last three weeks have been very worrying and stressful.

Potty Trained makes a very point about these issues being raised at the meeting. I look forward to reading the reports of the meeting. The club should publish a report or statement on its website.

Edited by kni

Sadly, I can't attend due to a close family visit. I am also looking after a very close friend who is recovering from a very serious illness that almost killed him. The consultants gave him a 10% chance of survival but he made it. The last three weeks have been very worrying and stressful.

Potty Trained makes a very point about these issues being raised at the meeting. I look forward to reading the reports of the meeting. The club should publish a report or statement on its website.

Very good to know that your friend has beaten the odds. :happy2:

• Like 1

Very good to know that your friend has beaten the odds. :happy2:

Yes but it scared the hell out of me! I could not sleep properly for several nights. The doctors and nurses in the intensive care unit literally performed miracles to save him on several occasions.

I can tell you that there will be a record of the meeting posted on the OS.

I know this as I have been making enquiries as to how such a meeting could benefit from existing web technologies to make it more accessible to all (tho' I did ask as a Nomad :-) )

In the future I believe we can expect to enjoy wider exposure of such meetings to all interested fans. So that is good news.

• Like 1

kni sorry to hear about your friend been seriously ill. Great to hear he pulled through and i hope he makes a full recovery