Tag

jagscast

Invites were issued today for the first meeting of the Supporters Federation as previously advised the various formal and informal Groups (including the JT) have received invites to send two delegates - as this is the first meeting we have invited people from the various Groups that we are in contact with simply to get feedback - the hope is that as each group grows and we add structure.

All parts of the Support are represented North Stand ,Kids under 16 - Young Support 12-16 and we are currently trying to contact someone from our disabled Supporters if anyone would like to attend on there behalf please PM me.

At the top of the Agenda is an update and explanation of where we are with TAG - also on the Agenda are our plans to develop the Supporters Federation ,Fan Engagement and Plans for Fan Growth.

The Forum is about debate however over the next week we should have more substantive information to discuss as the Club starts laying out its plans and providing further information - I have already volunteered to answer as many questions as I can on the Forum concerning all of the above after the presentation and further correspondence on TAG over the next few days.

All I would ask is that rather than judge on no information let us get the info out to the Fans directly and via as many Supporters Groups as possible - ask questions based on the information then decide.

Going forward we are looking for as many views and as wide an input as possible.

Its your Club you decide but please decide on as much info before you as possible

FOREVER AND EVER

Jim Alexander aka Jordanhill Jag

• Like 1

Davy Mains, Board representative for the Jags Trust, has asked me to start a thread posing this question:

If the TAG scheme was relaunched next month, what would your reaction be?

Sorry, Davy Mains who posts on here, has asked you to start a thread for him?

Why can't Davie start the thread?

Why is he being vague in the reason behind the thread? As the reason now explained by JJ.

Why do the Jags Trust have a board representative who doesn't sit on the board representing the trust?

What is the trusts reaction and opinion?

Why is he being so stand offish, yet so specific saying next month?

If relaunched, will the trust sign up to be a member of the federation?

Does the trust think their 200 odd members have more right to representation and communication with the board than the ordinary non trust fan? If so, what representation do our other major shareholders have?

Do the trust agree that a federation that has the ability to bring every fan from every walk of life together under one banner, is the way forward, and has more potential for success as their model has failed?

My point being, rather than asking the general populous of a football forum... Shouldn't he be reaching out first and foremost to the members he strives to represent.

Regards the OP...

If the club hold up their hands, admit accountability for its failure to date, and don't excuse it because it's been really busy in the office and actually admit fault, then I think there is a possibility of rescuing the situation.

Edited by potty trained

My thoughts on the idea of TAG and the lack of movement on it have been clear and loud for months.

If this can be properly resurrected, with a clear (and truthful) answer as to what went wrong, and some guarantees for the future and ideas to take it forward to the next level past TAG+ I still believe this could be a winner, but the trust of the fans needs to be gained again, and that won't be easy.

As a Nomad the potential for me and my fellow camel riders (Well it is valentines night) could be massive if expanded for the ex-pat brigade... and done right we'd pay for it.... willingly

• Like 1

Jim, I would also suggest a representative of our over 65s age bracket, our female fans may also seek representation, do the jagette's still exist?

David the intention is to increase the number of Groups - Female Supporters and Students are on the list but we are starting off with the identifiable Groups - very valid point on over 65 - they represent 25% of our Season Ticket Holders and are a large chunk of our core fan base

The more Groups we can get up and running the better -East Kilbride is already down as a target area

• Like 1

My thoughts on the idea of TAG and the lack of movement on it have been clear and loud for months.

If this can be properly resurrected, with a clear (and truthful) answer as to what went wrong, and some guarantees for the future and ideas to take it forward to the next level past TAG+ I still believe this could be a winner, but the trust of the fans needs to be gained again, and that won't be easy.

As a Nomad the potential for me and my fellow camel riders (Well it is valentines night) could be massive if expanded for the ex-pat brigade... and done right we'd pay for it.... willingly

I think that's the point, Norge, while some of us may come across as right pains in the arse ready to shoot down the board at every turn, it's because we want our club to realise its potential. And the frustration boils over when things with potential either and die. If TAG can be resurrected then I can't see why anyone would be against it.

TAG was a great idea but the club failed to deliver its promises, e.g. the Barcelona. It no longer has any credibility and those responsible for its failure should resign from any positions that they hold. Frankly, I would not trust those incompetent losers and onanists to run a bath let alone a football club , members' scheme or charitable trust. Davy Mains, if he can't be bothered to comment or post here, he can GTF. Is he Juan Kerr or just a w***ker?

Edited by kni

TAG was a great idea but the club failed to deliver its promises, e.g. the Barcelona. It no longer has any credibility and those responsible for its failure should resign from any positions that they hold. Frankly, I would not trust those incompetent losers and onanists to run a bath let alone a football club , members' scheme or charitable trust. Davy Mains, if he can't be bothered to comment or post here, he can GTF. Is he Juan Kerr or just a w***ker?

Kni - all I would ask is wait to see what we have to say listen to our plans - judge us on that ,then decide - and much to my disappointment the FC Barcelona Prize draw will be taking place - no idea why anyone would want to watch them in the first place but no accounting taste VISCA ESPANYOL

Sorry, Davy Mains who posts on here, has asked you to start a thread for him?

Why can't Davie start the thread?

Why is he being vague in the reason behind the thread? As the reason now explained by JJ.

Why do the Jags Trust have a board representative who doesn't sit on the board representing the trust?

What is the trusts reaction and opinion?

Why is he being so stand offish, yet so specific saying next month?

If relaunched, will the trust sign up to be a member of the federation?

Does the trust think their 200 odd members have more right to representation and communication with the board than the ordinary non trust fan? If so, what representation do our other major shareholders have?

Do the trust agree that a federation that has the ability to bring every fan from every walk of life together under one banner, is the way forward, and has more potential for success as their model has failed?

My point being, rather than asking the general populous of a football forum... Shouldn't he be reaching out first and foremost to the members he strives to represent.

Regards the OP...

If the club hold up their hands, admit accountability for its failure to date, and don't excuse it because it's been really busy in the office and actually admit fault, then I think there is a possibility of rescuing the situation.

Davy was having difficulties logging into the site according to his Facebook.

I'm no expert on the Trust, but know Davy & he's very much trying to help.

Hard to believe it was nearly a YEAR ago that we all got the laminates and the presentation at the Morton game. Looked a great idea then, but turned into a complete shambles. Gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to contribute to it now, but will see what the Big Announcement Part 2 entails, and then decide if its worth it or not

Almost a year on from the original launch (what has Brian Donald been doing to keep himself busy since then?) it looks like finally we have some progress?

My opinion on this as follows:

The Jags Trust shouldn't get a single bit more slice of involvement than any other fan group.

There needs to be absolute transparency. And an apology and discussions around what happened last year would be a good start.

People need to understand what they are getting out.

Communications flyer needs to go out with season ticket renewals.

There is a brand here which is on the verge of being toxic, in any other line of business it is finished. BUT, this is a football club which isn't ran like a business. There is loyalty way beyond what you find in the general marketplace. It needs to be correctly rolled out this time!

Keep it simple. Too many cooks and all that..

No more empty promises.

Just to be clear - the Jags Trust has NO PART in running, setting up, basically anything to do with TAG other than we've been invitied to sent 2 members to a meeting about it.

Also, as GPT mentioned the only reason David Mains didn't start this thread was becuase he wasn't able to log in to the forum. He just wanted to get opinions on this matter, as those on the facebook groups will be able to see.

Just to be clear - the Jags Trust has NO PART in running, setting up, basically anything to do with TAG other than we've been invitied to sent 2 members to a meeting about it.

Also, as GPT mentioned the only reason David Mains didn't start this thread was becuase he wasn't able to log in to the forum. He just wanted to get opinions on this matter, as those on the facebook groups will be able to see.

That'll teach him for logging out at half 5 last night.

- very valid point on over 65 - they represent 25% of our Season Ticket Holders and are a large chunk of our core fan base

Tangent time.

If that percentage is taken from the whole season fanbase,, ie including those under 16, then it's alarming. I'd have expected a figure no more than the Scottish average (circa 17%). Obviously within that 17% you have to include seriously infirmed and housebound. So if our season ticket holders were representative of the nation as a whole you should only have maybe around an 1/8th rather than 1/4 aged 65 and above.

It stands to reason then that we've an aging fanbase The Club have gone someway to redress this with the Kids Go Free initiative. Maybe the next step is to look at what must be a disappointingly low amount of full paying ST holders. So anything that TAG can do to increase these numbers must be beneficial and a worthwhile target group.