Hibs

jaggy

I would be quite happy for Cairney to come back. One of the few real talents we had until last season, and anyone who thinks otherwise has a short memory. Is he guaranteed a starting slot, no but would he add to the squad definitely.

Maybe I shouldn't consider this but the fact he was shouting on the Jags at the Morton game last year adds to my respect for the guy.

Yeh, by far our best player in 11-12, and saw him at a couple of games last season. Good guy and a great player. From the highlight of the Hibs game on Sat he looked cracking: made all 3 of their goals.

he was pretty ineffective in the game at Easter Road (where he also took corners) but he is fairly unique in that Hibs team in that he's a creative player- although I haven't seen enough of Stanton as yet. They seem to be wasting Liam Craig by playing him in a deeper midfield role due to Butcher's fallout with Thomson, let's hope that continues.

I was happy enough with the point and don't really think we threw anything away. And if things don't turn out for us this season I'll be ruing the 5 points we've thrown away to Hibs and the 2 points at Firhill to County and certainly not a respectable dull draw at Dingwall.

I agree a point at dingwall is decent. We have thrown away points this season but I'm sure other teams would say the same so we got to kick on and learn from those games and thump hibs on saturday!

I agree a point at dingwall is decent. We have thrown away points this season but I'm sure other teams would say the same so we got to kick on and learn from those games and thump hibs on saturday!

Exactly. We certainly should've nothing to fear from playing Hibs. But for crazily falling asleep in injury time we defended excellently at Easter Rd and played them off the park at Firhill. What was lacking in both games was us taking and/or creating goal scoring chances. The one goal we did score came from nowhere. I feel we are now far more capable in attack since we last played them.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

he was pretty ineffective in the game at Easter Road (where he also took corners) but he is fairly unique in that Hibs team in that he's a creative player- although I haven't seen enough of Stanton as yet. They seem to be wasting Liam Craig by playing him in a deeper midfield role due to Butcher's fallout with Thomson, let's hope that continues.

Fallout?? Surely with Thomson's injury record it makes perfect sense to move him on?

now the home win monkey is off the back, ideally time to turn firhill into a fortress for rest of season, would be good to go unbeaten and no reason why we can't given the remaining opposition. if we can achieve this, would also mean only one home defeat in 2014.

Was at the Hibs Well game on Saturday - nothing to fear. Cairney was poor in the first half, slow and got caught in possession, but came onto a game in the second playing wider. Stanton played well, but the rest were pretty dire. Look suspect at the back, keeper seems off form and Collins / Haynes up-front offered nothing. 3-0 Jags on Sat

For me this is a huge game. Looking at the fixtures killie play celtic on Friday night. St mirren are at tannadice and Ross county will know our result before kicking off at mcdairmid park at 5.30. If we can pick up three points I can't see any of the other 3 picking up more than a point.

3 1 jags

Edited to add just noticed Brian Colvin will be refereeing this one. If you haven't watched the highlights of the st Johnstone hearts 3 3 draw from earlier in season watch them now to see this numpty in action . Possibly the worst display I've ever seen. No idea how he gets games at this level

Edited by p12tfc

Never been a better time to bring Doolan in and play wae 2 up front. It will certainly throw their defence because they will have planned and trained all week at how to stop Taylor and this for me is a must win. We've seen too many draws, time to do a Liverpool an jist outscore the opposition. Archie, Archie, Archie, Archibald..... Time to stop f....n greetin aboot daft stuff and cheer the troops on fir a crucial 3 points

• Like 2

For me this is a huge game. Looking at the fixtures killie play celtic on Friday night. St mirren are at tannadice and Ross county will know our result before kicking off at mcdairmid park at 5.30. If we can pick up three points I can't see any of the other 3 picking up more than a point.

3 1 jags

Edited to add just noticed Brian Colvin will be refereeing this one. If you haven't watched the highlights of the st Johnstone hearts 3 3 draw from earlier in season watch them now to see this numpty in action . Possibly the worst display I've ever seen. No idea how he gets games at this level

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I consistently fail to be impressed by the refereeing talent displayed on the pitch in Scotland. I used to be of the opinion that Bobby Madden was uniquely poor at his job, now I am not so sure.

Whilst still convinced Madden is an awful whistler from what I've seen this year he's not the only culprit, in fact it would be something of a stretch to name a decent referee rather than the other way about.

Perhaps, this has a lot to do with the changes in the Laws of the Game, which seen to have been forced through at the behest of the media and which have made a once simple game, inherently more complicated. Without I may add any input from those of us who actually pay to watch the game.

Never been a better time to bring Doolan in and play wae 2 up front. It will certainly throw their defence because they will have planned and trained all week at how to stop Taylor and this for me is a must win. We've seen too many draws, time to do a Liverpool an jist outscore the opposition. Archie, Archie, Archie, Archibald..... Time to stop f....n greetin aboot daft stuff and cheer the troops on fir a crucial 3 points

Agree, 100%, this is a must win game for us, as it will afford us a little breathing space, presuming St. Midden don't take anything at Tannadice, especially after Celtic putting Killie to the sword last night.

If it wasn't the case before we now must take advantage of every chance given to us or to be frank we'll deserve to be playing the currant buns next year.

Having attended most games this year it is a no brainer for me that Dools and Taylor should be played together up front. I'm not advocating having Dools as an out and out forward, but of all our team, he would seem to be the most natural to fill the midfielder *** forward role.

Particularly against opposition of the standard of this Hibs team, without being too derogatory they are not very good and if we can't beat them, frankly neither must we be.

Jags fans will be seen joyously quaffing chilled beer in the hostelries of Maryhill and surrounding areas this evening following a solid Thistle win and performance.

Cometh the hour, cometh Archie's Jags.

This is, as many others have correctly stated, a must-win game, and our ganders are up. Butcher's bozos will be on the receiving end of 90 minutes of Thistle aggression and craftsmanship. A resurgent Thistle side with most key players fit and available wil simply be too much for a very mediocre Hibs side whose league position flatters them.

We have the weaponry, the desire, the support and now the confidence to continue the charge towards safety, and this lacklustre bunch from the green part of Embra will not be standing in our way this afternoon.

Mon Thistle - right intae this mob from the start.

We Are Thistle.