Kallum Higginbotham

Jagsman

Somehow, Higginbotham needs to be persuaded that from time to time it's worth emulating Doolan's example and dummying or passing to get the easier option for the team rather than choosing the more difficult option for KH. As Willjag says, at that first option, Taylor would almost certainly have had the ball in the net. A great performance overall from Kallum, though - even if his parents opted to use the letter K in a Gaelic name. :crazy:

1st goal - Higgy plays a great ball to Taylor down the wing who cuts back for Erskine.

2nd goal - Higgy's freekick is met by Lee Mair. That's an assist for Higgy.

3rd goal - he scores himself.

Seems like he's doing just fine to me.

• Like 1

When Higgy was finding his way earlier in the season we were rightfully in my mind being accused of trying to walk the ball into the net. Don't know how many times I must've shouted at whoever (Higgy most definitely amongst them) just to shoot. Too often they'd lay off the ball to someone else and the attack would fritter out. Now that Higgy's obvious playing with extreme confidence you can hardly blame him doing what in any case he's probably been told to do and take direct action.

Fearchar's right to an extent but at this present time the cure would be surely worse than any illness. Besides Kallum, when even the end product isn't there, is tiring out defenders constantly, softening them up.

I know Will but was just having a wee joke. :)

Is this for me?

That's the nicest insult you have ever said to me Yoda :lol:

not an insult, observation only it was, could say i was just having a wee joke ;)

but lets be brutally honest here bb, you are drawn to the jags and are ever increasingly escaping the evil clutches of the dark side, but are fearful of denouncing the dark side completely, for fear of not being accepted as a jags fan. as well as your massive support for thistleweir and attending all games of your son, you're attending some jags first team games lately as well as avidly watching all our tv games and highlights, yet you don't even visit mordor now.

classic case and point of this and your jags love over dark side subway loyal being last week when you were on this forum, while the imitation act of the club who died you had allegience with, were playing at mordor (with plenty empty seats so you could have gone) winning the third tier. but you were on here conversing with other jags, instead of attending the game or spending your time posting on followfollow and conversing with other dark siders!

you can do it billy boy, you can turn away from the dark side and convert to glasgows oldest professional football team. change your name to jaggyko, get a thistle scarf and tie, and appropriate bunnet, you know you want to, do not fear it, every single jag will welcome you in to our fold, the force is with the jags. you can feel it, it is strong within you now, make the conversion and come on over to the force of red and yellow good, denounce the dark side and its evil empire that has died and the zombie imitators that soon will be extinct.

we could even have a ceremony to officially confirm your conversion, centre circle of firhill, with you burning of all your dead club strips and paraphernalia, with the ns and jhs singing

oh billy boy billko

oh billy boy billko

now he's jaggyko the jags fan

he used to be a h u n but he's alright now.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 2

I'm starting to have strong suspicions that billko isn't a real h_un anyway. His articulate posts re the youth set up and other non-sevco related topics back this up. Most from the dark side can't string two sentences together and besides are more likely to think that expression refers to concurrent jail stretches.

• Like 3

you can do it billy boy, you can turn away from the dark side and convert to glasgows oldest professional football team. change your name to jaggyko, get a thistle scarf and tie, and appropriate bunnet, you know you want to, do not fear it, every single jag will welcome you in to our fold, the force is with the jags. you can feel it, it is strong within you now, make the conversion and come on over to the force of red and yellow good, denounce the dark side and its evil empire that has died and the zombie imitators that soon will be extinct.

To paraphrase a well known saying, The Rangers are temporary but the Jags are permanent.

• Like 1

You must have Superman style vision to have seen that all the way from Ibrox :D :D :D

After leaving Ibrox and on the M8 i had a little look at the watch but it was a bit late to make it up to Firhill

I had actually mentioned in the car we should head to Firhill to see a decent game of football after sitting through what was a pretty poor match against Dunfermline.

(What's happening to me?) :D

Edited by billko

After leaving Ibrox and on the M8 i had a little look at the watch but it was a bit late to make it up to Firhill

I had actually mentioned in the car we should head to Firhill to see a decent game of football after sitting through what was a pretty poor match against Dunfermline.

(What's happening to me?) :D

My good fellow. Your sole remaining reason for not completing the journey is nothing but personal pride.

You don't want to be the guy that finally admitted that things in Govan just aren't the same anymore.

The victories feel hollow, the team on the park are imposters, and everyone plus their granny have got hands in the till.

Even when you see Ibrox on the TV now, it just doesn't look the same. Gone are the elderly Teddy Bears with union jack rosettes. In their place you have 14 year old boys waving banners in fake CP jackets.

It doesn't feel the same, because it isn't the same.

• Like 1

When Higgy was finding his way earlier in the season we were rightfully in my mind being accused of trying to walk the ball into the net. Don't know how many times I must've shouted at whoever (Higgy most definitely amongst them) just to shoot. Too often they'd lay off the ball to someone else and the attack would fritter out. Now that Higgy's obvious playing with extreme confidence you can hardly blame him doing what in any case he's probably been told to do and take direct action.

Fearchar's right to an extent but at this present time the cure would be surely worse than any illness. Besides Kallum, when even the end product isn't there, is tiring out defenders constantly, softening them up.

Was saying myself after the game, even though he can be frustrating at times, one thing about the Higgs-Boson is that he is always trying to make things happen. I think we've lacked that down the years with team that played nice football passing the ball about outside the penalty box, afraid to take a risk. Higgs will have a go and I think this attitude may rub off on the other players.

As previous posters have said, there has been a discernable change in Higgies performance since the turn of the year. Where previously everything he did was to benefit Kallum Higginbotham, since then he has been an increasingly team focused player. Of course, one wouldn't expect the finished product in a month or two, but if he combines this newly found team ethic with his undounted ability I have no doubt that he'll prove a huge success.

A word in his shell-like or more appropriately that of his agent. Its almost inevitable in modern football, that whenever a player hits a purple patch, that there is talk mentioning "moving on to bigger and better things", I would remind Kallum that his career to date has been characterised by continual changes of clubs, without ever really esatblishing himself at any of them. What came across from his TV interview is that he came across a reallys happy in his place of work. I would say that he has a real chance to make a name for himself at Firhill, if he does that then by all means he should be looking to move on to bigger and better things. Unfortunately, football history is littered with the corpses of those who thought or at least claimed they were doing so only to sink without trace in the lower leagues of English football.

• Like 1

"It" is happening... the metamorphosis... you feel it, don't you...?

My good fellow. Your sole remaining reason for not completing the journey is nothing but personal pride.

You don't want to be the guy that finally admitted that things in Govan just aren't the same anymore.

The victories feel hollow, the team on the park are imposters, and everyone plus their granny have got hands in the till.

Even when you see Ibrox on the TV now, it just doesn't look the same. Gone are the elderly Teddy Bears with union jack rosettes. In their place you have 14 year old boys waving banners in fake CP jackets.

It doesn't feel the same, because it isn't the same.

Your going off topic guys so stop it now please :D

As for Higgy he is the type of player who we all like to watch in that he is direct and goes at the defender.

He will be greedy at times and frustarting at times but this type of player all are but when he is full of confidence and his game is working he will cause any defence problems

In the run in it will be crucial to try and keep him in this sort of.form.

His finish on Saturday was class.

Was saying myself after the game, even though he can be frustrating at times, one thing about the Higgs-Boson is that he is always trying to make things happen. I think we've lacked that down the years with team that played nice football passing the ball about outside the penalty box, afraid to take a risk. Higgs will have a go and I think this attitude may rub off on the other players.

Is the Higgs-Boson the God Partickle?

• Like 5

No fair. I got pelters earlier this season for calling him Hadron Collider!

Anybody else heard the rumour about interest from Swansea City?

No but it would very surprising if a Premier League club came in for him. Kallum was sent out on loan to three clubs and then released by Huddersfield. He only played a handful of games for them in League One. So where did you hear the "rumour"? In the Star & Garter or the Brass Monkey?

No but it would very surprising if a Premier League club came in for him. Kallum was sent out on loan to three clubs and then released by Huddersfield. He only played a handful of games for them in League One. So where did you hear the "rumour"? In the Star & Garter or the Brass Monkey?

A colleague at work said it was on Sky Sports News.

Please don't try to be funny, you're obviously not very good at it.

• Like 1