Is Banzo Back Next Week

watties wallies

I agree Dools will probably be left out, although there is a case for Banzo in at the expense of Prince B as the only change. Caley will need runners like Squiddy, LT, Banzo, Dools & Higgy in their faces like they need a nasty STI, after their leg-sapping exploits of today and Wednesday.

If the rules allowed it, I think Yogi would be on the blower first thing Thursday morning to the SPFL asking if they could give us a 2-0 win just to spare them any further cardio-vascular punishment which our athletic front men are sure to inflict on them.

We'll need a bit of muscle in midfield. Osbourne was very good up there last time and we also had Welsh that day and we competed well. I can't see us play with four attackers, not so much as it's an away game but more due to the opponents. Doolan would clearly be the one to drop out for Bannigan and that still leaves us just a tad lightweight.

I'm yet to be totally convinced with Bauben and I would've thought this was the type of game we'd have earmarked for Moncur. That said I've not seen this guy kick a ball so I'm only going on his perceived image.

Agree that Buaben was poor for most of the game but thought the last 15 minutes when the pressure was on he come onto a game and won a lot of challenges.

Definitely Bannigan back in next week. Buaben starts but Doolan comes on if needed. Buaben is very tidy on the ball, is better defensively, but definitely doesn't off the same up front.

• Members

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that likes what Bauben is doing for the team! To me, he's solid in the centre of the midfield rarely loses out on tackles or when challenging in the air. Strong on the ball and can find a decent pass. Doesn't get about as much as Osbourne did, but uses the ball better I'd say while being just as strong and fearless. Has played his part in the turn of the teams fortunes since he signed in January. All this while still settling in. Hope he's in the team for a while yet!

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that likes what Bauben is doing for the team! To me, he's solid in the centre of the midfield rarely loses out on tackles or when challenging in the air. Strong on the ball and can find a decent pass. Doesn't get about as much as Osbourne did, but uses the ball better I'd say while being just as strong and fearless. Has played his part in the turn of the teams fortunes since he signed in January. All this while still settling in. Hope he's in the team for a while yet!

He appears a wee bit slow to the ball, Will, but as you say he's still settling in. Results in any case have been better since he arrived.

Suspended for St Johnstone game I believe

Correct.

A suspension because of 6 yellow cards kicks in 14 days after the sixth booking.

Personally, I think Doolan should unfortunately drop out for Bannigan. He did nothing wrong - and played well - against Hibernian. But it's a very attacking system and I don't think it worked for us in the first half, we lost the midfield battle for large spells. Starting with our usual system away from home, bringing Doolan on if we're chasing a goal in the second half, would be my preference.

It's a shame for Dools and he must be getting frustrated.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

I like the look of him too.

I agree with Willjag. Prince played in a very disciplined manner on Saturday given how many attacking players we had on the pitch and also given the way that many of our players started the game struggling to adjust to the shape the team were playing.

• Like 1

After the game on Saturday I said I wasnt convined about him but after watching the game on Alba , you could see how many times he broke up the Hibs play and did a great job , winning the ball so am happy to be wrong on my intial impressions , he is well worth his starting place on Saturday

I agree with Willjag. Prince played in a very disciplined manner on Saturday given how many attacking players we had on the pitch and also given the way that many of our players started the game struggling to adjust to the shape the team were playing.

Grant, do not know if you remember back to the meet the manager night but Archie did say that they struggled to adjust to different formations especially during matches which might explain why he hasn't been changing things massively on the pitch even when it seem to us that's it is needed.

Edited by jaggybunnet

Grant, do not know if you remember back to the meet the manager night but Archie did say that they struggled to adjust to different formations especially during matches which might explain why he hasn't been changing things massively on the pitch even when it seem to us that's it is needed.

I do indeed. He mentioned the Airdrie away game at the tail end of last season as an example of that.

However, he have different players now and it showed when they finally did start to click after about 30 mins or so,

• Like 1