Staying Up Or Not?

Ancipital

Survival  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Will we stay up this season?

• Yes- we'll stay up automatically
    • Yes- we'll finish 11th but win the playoff
    • No- we'll finish 11th and lose the playoff

With all the talk of doom mongers vs happy clappers, I thought I'd see what a broader opinion is. Can answer anonymously if you want or give your reasons.

I've said we'll finish 11th but win the playoffs. We've only won 6 games out of 33 (or 4 out of 15 against the next 5 opponents). I can't see us changing that to get enough wins in the 5 games left. However, I think over 2 legs we'll be too strong for the Championship team. There's a fairly big gap as we have discovered this season and if it were a one off game anything could happen, over 2 games we should win.

I don't think the 1996 one is relevant, United spent an absolute fortune that year and were probably stronger player for player. I don't think that's the case this time.

Hope I'm wrong and we stay up automatically but I predict a nervy Sunday in May followed by some relieved celebrations.

Speaking to a few hearts fans after Saturdays game and they are desperate for Hibs to get to the playoffs and expect their team to lie down to us and the other 3 while thrashing Hibs - if course we need them to try against the other 3 as well as Hibs although wouldn't mind if they lay down to us

Speaking to a few hearts fans after Saturdays game and they are desperate for Hibs to get to the playoffs and expect their team to lie down to us and the other 3 while thrashing Hibs - if course we need them to try against the other 3 as well as Hibs although wouldn't mind if they lay down to us

Getting too Machiavellian there, TL. Besides I feel that Hibs getting dragged closer to the play off spot is not likely to be good news for us..

I'd hate to be in the play off.....whoever we play will have won games to get there and have nothing to lose.....if we play like Saturday it will be a nightmare

Why will they have nothing to lose?

I'd be very surprised if, after a two week break to get things sorted on the training ground, to focus on the 5 games remaining, that we put in another gutless performance like Saturday.

If they do, they will deserve to go down.

• Members

I think the teams at the top of the Championship have also been struggling a little lately to win games. With Falkirk now looking to get in the running for the play-off place as well, these 3 teams are going to get a little more anxious over the final few weeks and I doubt any of them will win all their remaining games.

I think the teams at the top of the Championship have also been struggling a little lately to win games. With Falkirk now looking to get in the running for the play-off place as well, these 3 teams are going to get a little more anxious over the final few weeks and I doubt any of them will win all their remaining games.

10th for me Ross Co in the playoff position.

Why will they have nothing to lose?

I'd be very surprised if, after a two week break to get things sorted on the training ground, to focus on the 5 games remaining, that we put in another gutless performance like Saturday.

If they do, they will deserve to go down.

I think in the playoffs all the pressure is really on the premiership team who are clearly there because things have not gone well