Killie V Thistle (19Th April)

Woodstock Jag

After our Monday night loss to Hibz, I have found the three matches, and subsequent results with Kilmarnock the most frustrating so far this season. In the first game we were in the throws of creating numerous chances but only converted a penalty while Killie scored with a long punt from their right back being expertly headed home by Boyd. Samson also played his part and Thistle youth player Mark Stewart made a goal line challenge to prevent a late winner.

The away defeat was dosappointing as we ran the show and were all over Killie at times with more chances spurned despite a decent equaliser from Dools. Instead of going on to win Boyd got a touch on a Jackson Irvine daisy cutter to glance home the winner.

Last time out we started brightly and Higginbotham scored a cheeky scissors kick although Samson was slightly suspect. We again largely ran the show but Stuart McLean's son awarded a late penalty and sent off Taylor-Sinclair. Galls saved well but some Killie ayer not called Boyd tapped home the rebound u.der lite pressure from the Thistle defence. (Who did Paul save from?)

Like our results against Hibs I feel we are due a win in this match. We've haven't been playing great recently but have a couple of home wins under our belt. Unfortunaty we haven't won on the road in what feels like ages. Saturday would be a great day to get another win to keep us close to the teams above us. Heart says Thistle win, head says a draw.

Teamwise I want to see Buaben back in the midfield, in front of Fraser and Bannigan. Depending on the passage of play he can support the fullbacks or get forward in support of the front three.

I'm 50/50 over starting Doolan or Taylor upfront. I'd possibly go with Taylor as I felt he had a great game up in Perth. On the other hand Dools has scored some decent goals recently.

If fit I'd have Balatoni back for Picollo if fit. The rest takes care of itself for me.

Gallacher©

MacMillan Mair Balatoni/Picollo Taylor-Sinclair

Fraser Buaben Bannigan

Higginbotham Taylor Erskine

C'mon Thistle its been tooo long since we beat these tattie houkers. Getintaethem Jags!

After our Monday night loss to Hibz, I have found the three matches, and subsequent results with Kilmarnock the most frustrating so far this season. In the first game we were in the throws of creating numerous chances but only converted a penalty while Killie scored with a long punt from their right back being expertly headed home by Boyd. Samson also played his part and Thistle youth player Mark Stewart made a goal line challenge to prevent a late winner.

The away defeat was dosappointing as we ran the show and were all over Killie at times with more chances spurned despite a decent equaliser from Dools. Instead of going on to win Boyd got a touch on a Jackson Irvine daisy cutter to glance home the winner.

Last time out we started brightly and Higginbotham scored a cheeky scissors kick although Samson was slightly suspect. We again largely ran the show but Stuart McLean's son awarded a late penalty and sent off Taylor-Sinclair. Galls saved well but some Killie ayer not called Boyd tapped home the rebound u.der lite pressure from the Thistle defence. (Who did Paul save from?)

Like our results against Hibs I feel we are due a win in this match. We've haven't been playing great recently but have a couple of home wins under our belt. Unfortunaty we haven't won on the road in what feels like ages. Saturday would be a great day to get another win to keep us close to the teams above us. Heart says Thistle win, head says a draw.

Teamwise I want to see Buaben back in the midfield, in front of Fraser and Bannigan. Depending on the passage of play he can support the fullbacks or get forward in support of the front three.

I'm 50/50 over starting Doolan or Taylor upfront. I'd possibly go with Taylor as I felt he had a great game up in Perth. On the other hand Dools has scored some decent goals recently.

If fit I'd have Balatoni back for Picollo if fit. The rest takes care of itself for me.

Gallacher©

MacMillan Mair Balatoni/Picollo Taylor-Sinclair

Fraser Buaben Bannigan

Higginbotham Taylor Erskine

C'mon Thistle its been tooo long since we beat these tattie houkers. Getintaethem Jags!

Agree with all the above,time for a Jags win

A half match fit Balatoni is still better than Gabz.

For me, Taylor looks to have lost his confidence so Doolan should start up front on his own and Prince should come back into midfield.

Hopefully the Doolan - Taylor strike force will be put to bed and only brought out when we're trailing in a game, because it clearly doesn't work from the start.

• Like 1

Like nearly everyone has said its time for our side to step up to the plate and do the business, its absolutely scandalous that we've not beateb Kilmarnock all season, who despite constant media praise, totally unconnected with the fact that the fat barsteward is their main goal threat. Hopefully the boys can make sure, that Chick Dung is not having sex with Boydy, live on air, after tomorrows game.

A half match fit Balatoni is still better than Gabz.

For me, Taylor looks to have lost his confidence so Doolan should start up front on his own and Prince should come back into midfield.

Hopefully the Doolan - Taylor strike force will be put to bed and only brought out when we're trailing in a game, because it clearly doesn't work from the start.

You are probably right about Taylor and Doolan. Against Hibs it was probably about 30 mins in before we started playing. Although, having said that we started well vs Hearts. I think for Taylor to be effective he needs to start a game well, otherwise he seems to get a bit frustrated.

Off to the game now

Team v @OfficialKillie: Gallacher, Taylor-Sinclair, Balatoni, Craigen, Bannigan, Doolan, Buaben, Mair, McMillan, Higginbotham, Erskine.

dropping fraser for craigen - strange, fraser has been excellent. Also think we will miss Taylor today, type of player that it takes him not playing to realise what he brings to the team

• Members

Not really surprised that Fraser has been left out. Thought he's been struggling a bit lately and the pressure might be getting to him a bit. Surprised that Craigen has come in for him though, thought it might have been Elliott.

Taylor, again I'm not surprised at dropping out, I thought the Killie defenders bullied him out of the game last time at Firhill. If Dools, Chris and Higgy can run them ragged in the first hour or so, a fresh Taylor might be able to hammer them in the last 20-30 minutes.

Come on Thistle!