Archie Must Go Again ?

javeajag

FFS - there are 5 games to go. Can you not just leave it till the end of the season and then we can all have a debate about it? We all need to get right behind the team between now and the end of the season. If you can't do that, keep your trap shut and stay the f**k away from the games.

Why do you think I don't get behind the team? Of course I do and the fact you don't want a jags fan at the games is an interesting comment

Just my opinion (and I'm not trying to score any points) but I find your single obsession with one single topic, which I rightly or wrongly refer to as an agenda, as disrespectful to the website. I wouldn't know the first thing about running wearethistle but having agenda driven threads must be a nightmare. You probably will disagree but perhaps it would be better you take yourself less seriously on here at least.

You at one time said you weren't going to post on here again. I wouldn't want to see that, we need as many fans as possible to interact, but if you've nothing else to say on Jags related matters but this one tiresome topic, what would be the loss?

I do post on other threads check

Tony Pulis has made a massive difference to Crystal Palace's results. They were relegation certainties when he took over and they're now midtable.

Some good forward and decisive decision making by the board.

That is one example of where a change worked. More often than not it doesn't - Sunderland, Norwich, Fulham, West Brom and at the other end Spurs

PT, I actually have no idea what post of Ian's you are referring to. I certainly never had any problem with anybody's use of the word mental on this forum, and I say that as someone affected by my partner's mental health issues on a daily basis. What I was getting at with my post is please stick to the topic. I agree that some posts appeared to be trolling on the previous topic, however I want to give this thread a chance because it is a question that many fans genuinely ask at every football club.

I'm not sure Tony Pulis is available or in our price range.ETA, I am a huge fan of Tony Pulis as I don't think there is just one way to play football. I don't think that such a style would suit us or our players that we currently have, and a change in manager at thoa stage would be useless. Statisticians have proven that up turns in form following managerial changes are mainly down to chance, you have peaks and troughs in form. Tony Pulis knows how to keep a team in the Premier League and CP's form us definitely down to him.

Just because Ian Mac added "unstable" after the use of the word mental, doesn't make it any worse or better than the previous 1000 times it has been used, no matter how mock offended some folk get.

He also accused a poster of being 'bipolar' due to the fact he had a different opinion than his or indeed my have changed his opinion from a previous opinion.

Not seen the post, so can't comment I'm afraid.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

ian_mac, on 07 April 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Some serious rewriting of history going on with regards to Dick Campbell.

To compare him to Archiebald is nothing short of derogatory.

Under DC, the league placings were clear. We were officially the worst full time team in Scotland. We fluked promotion by finishing 4th. To compare DC's promotion to Archie's is ridiculous. Campbell scraped through the playoffs against Stranraer and Peterhead. Archie actually WON the division, not the 2nd, the 1st. Our budget last season wasn't even in the top 5. We had no right to win that league last year - yet we did. And Archie was the manager for the most crucial period, achieving what Jackie couldn't - winning consistently away from home.

Anyone who is comparing Archie to DC is nothing short of mentally unstable. Or the The Cup's case - bipolar.

That is one example of where a change worked. More often than not it doesn't - Sunderland, Norwich, Fulham, West Brom and at the other end Spurs

I would say that Fulham have improved under Magath, Wigan under Rosler, Hartley with Dundee, and going further back Murray at Dumbarton.

The most important factor is getting the right person. There's no point in sacking Archie to bring in someone else like Shiels that will take us down but to say that no one could do a better job is wrong.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

ian_mac, on 07 April 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Some serious rewriting of history going on with regards to Dick Campbell.

To compare him to Archiebald is nothing short of derogatory.

Under DC, the league placings were clear. We were officially the worst full time team in Scotland. We fluked promotion by finishing 4th. To compare DC's promotion to Archie's is ridiculous. Campbell scraped through the playoffs against Stranraer and Peterhead. Archie actually WON the division, not the 2nd, the 1st. Our budget last season wasn't even in the top 5. We had no right to win that league last year - yet we did. And Archie was the manager for the most crucial period, achieving what Jackie couldn't - winning consistently away from home.

Anyone who is comparing Archie to DC is nothing short of mentally unstable. Or the The Cup's case - bipolar.

So your offended by it. Yes, we get that. Couldn't give a toss to be honest.

You're like a dog with a bone here and it's pathetic. Like a wee wein telling tales in the playground in the hope of getting someone else in to trouble.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what."

Stephen Fry.

So your offended by it. Yes, we get that. Couldn't give a toss to be honest.

You're like a dog with a bone here and it's pathetic. Like a wee wein telling tales in the playground in the hope of getting someone else in to trouble.

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f*cking what."

Stephen Fry.

******* hell mate, you really need to calm down a bit. You're far too angry.

Take some time away from it all.

He's a better fan than all of us so don't be telling him what to do!! :D

He demands others post names but he's not even big enough to post an apology. :D

Haha, I'm delighted mate. The results of the poll clearly show who's opinion is winning here, and it ain't yours.

Would be delighted to hear your arguments against Archie in person over a pint. My shout of course.

I would say that Fulham have improved under Magath, Wigan under Rosler, Hartley with Dundee, and going further back Murray at Dumbarton.

The most important factor is getting the right person. There's no point in sacking Archie to bring in someone else like Shiels that will take us down but to say that no one could do a better job is wrong.

Maybe Fulham have improved,but enough to escape relegation ? The other 2 teams in the relegation spots, also changed manager.

You are certain Dundee will be promoted ?

Edited by Lenziejag

I don't think I'd be far off saying not too many months ago a sizable chunk of Hibs fans wanted Shiels in for Fenlon, I'm fairly sure he was if not favourite, up there for the ICT job as well. Yesterday I watched a largely unmotivated Morton, a full time club with evidently their league's 2nd or 3rd largest budget, drop out of the 1st Div. Shiels, having already made an arse of things by signing Gary O'Connor, even managed to substitute a substitute yesterday.

Hypothetically had Archie left us in the summer it's probably fair to guess Shiels would have been linked with us. In all truth he would no doubt have priced himself out the running but he would've ticked more than a few boxes..

Shiels is just one in a long line of managers who one year they're in an elite group of sought after managers the next year they're failing spectacularly. Unless Archie has us in some sort of free fall à la Whyte & Britton and/or there's a substantial breakdown in man management, his job should be secure. Even if things were not to go as well as expected I'd argue for the devil you know. Otherwise a change of manager could be and far too often is just another version of Kenny Shiels.

For christs sake is this back again, we have 5 or 7 cup finals left get behind the team. Could take some of you more serious if you posted when we won or played well for a draw instead of hiding in the dark till we get beat then jumping back on the forum triumphalising failure. The manager has been in the job just over 1 year, won us promotion, and currently has the opertunity to keep us up (which was all that was needed this year). I'm sure some on here would be moaning if we were 7th now and safe because we hadn't got a European slot.

Get real we're in our 1st season up, with a very limited budget and a very young team, survival was the goal and we can still do that whilst trying to play attractive football

For christs sake is this back again, we have 5 or 7 cup finals left get behind the team. Could take some of you more serious if you posted when we won or played well for a draw instead of hiding in the dark till we get beat then jumping back on the forum triumphalising failure

Exactly what I have been saying. The malcontents would have been taken a helluva lot more seriously if this had been the case but sadly it hasn't. Everyone could have had a decent debate on the subject, but you don't see these guys for dust when the team gets a half decent result. They only appear after a defeat

Javeajag, by definition "team" includes the management team, and you're clearly not behind them so therefore you're not behind the team. If you're going to be one of these negative people who moan from the first minute of each game then no, I don't want you at the game as negativity breeds negativity. I see no purpose in you banging on about this again. Why do you feel you need to bring it up so often, and at a crucial stage of the season when we should all be pulling together? I'm all for free speech but I see no positive reason why you are trotting out the same sh1te time and time again. It has no healthy purpose.

• Like 5

Haha, I'm delighted mate. The results of the poll clearly show who's opinion is winning here, and it ain't yours.

Would be delighted to hear your arguments against Archie in person over a pint. My shout of course.

My opinion on Archie isn't based on whether we stay up or not.

I've seen enough this season that in my opinion he should go whatever happens.

But if he keeps us up then he has done a reasonable job and can walk away wih some pride.

I wouldn't drink with you. You sound like a total ******.