Jamie Hamill

Lindau

He's out for the Hibs game anyway no matter what. I think Killie will have enough to beat 11th spot and St Mirren have hit a good run. We only need to finish above one of the other four and I'd be happy enough for it to be Ross County.

OK, I get your reasoning. I agree Hamill has been useful for them against us but Hearts fans don't seem to rate him that highly. Tho' maybe it's his style of play they misunderstand.

Looks like Jamie has knocked our very own Banzo off the top of the bad boys list. 2 reds and 10 yellows to Stuart's paltry 2 reds and 7 yellows. So a three game ban would give Bannigan time to catch up. :)

Unless the appeal is held before then and gets rejected

according the the Daily Record the appeal is next week. What a load of nonsense, it leaves the system wide open to abuse when you can appeal to make a suspended player available for what can possibly be a more important game. Hopefully if he plays he'll do something stupid like last time & this time not get away with it

according the the Daily Record the appeal is next week. What a load of nonsense, it leaves the system wide open to abuse when you can appeal to make a suspended player available for what can possibly be a more important game. Hopefully if he plays he'll do something stupid like last time & this time not get away with it

That's not Jamie Hammill's or Hearts' fault.

They are acting within the existing rules.

Which as it stands can be implemented to 'support' cases like this. The problem is with the regulation and its implementation.

Which as it stands can be implemented to 'support' cases like this. The problem is with the regulation and its implementation.

I'd go a bit deeper than that and say the problem lies with a Mr Doncaster who presides over SPFL rules.. A fella that;s paid a ridiculous salary presumably to ensure regulations are both equitable and rational. Was it not the case that last season that clown would've imposed a 16 point instead of a 15 point penalty on Hearts had they won their last game..The ludicrous situation where a club would be punished for winning a game was of course dreamt up by Doncaster.

That's not Jamie Hammill's or Hearts' fault.

I actually meant Goodwin's appeal as he's free to play on Friday, but I agree it's not St Mirren's fault, I just mean the system is open to abuse & it's wrong

I thought the SFA had recognised this loophole and had introduced a fast track appeal process to stop clubs making "frivolous" appeals and playing the syatem to ensure the player was available. In this case the appeal should be heard this week to ensure a decision is made before St Mirrens next game.

New rule for Mr Football (Doncaster) to adopt - Automatically double the punishment for any appeal that fails, meaning that clubs will think twice about frivolously appealing in order to make one game.

St Midden are just exploiting the rules and we would look to do the same (if it suited us) under current rules.

New rule for Mr Football (Doncaster) to adopt - Automatically double the punishment for any appeal that fails, meaning that clubs will think twice about frivolously appealing in order to make one game.

St Midden are just exploiting the rules and we would look to do the same (if it suited us) under current rules.

Something along those lines is required. However, doubling the suspension would be harsh if it was a genuine appeal and it just didn't go the player/club's way.

I think clubs have to pay £1,000 for an appeal, this wouldn't at all bother most teams. They should raise the fee to £5,000-£10,000 for a failed appeal. A sum that would make most clubs think twice and avoid pointless appeals.

Also an appeal should lodged within 2 days and be heard within 3 from the date the appeal is lodged, review the video evidence and make a decision...... then go back to eating biscuits and playing lego, or whatever else they are paid to do