The Others, What Do We Want?

angry gaz

Hibs really are awul. They don't have anything creatively going forward, the ball gets lost as soon as they get within 40 yards of the Hearts goal. All this does is pile on the pressure to an already shawdy defence. Three points a must next week - if we lose to this mob, it is a terrible result.

play at high controlled tempo, make our set plays count, keep it tight at back, hit them on counters, close them down quickly, press them, we could steamroller hibs.

trust archie is taking notes at game today, intensive week of coaching and gets our players to play as above, this hibs team are panicstruck and could be battered by us next saturday if we play to our capabilities.

Edited by yoda-jag

We have absolutely nothing to fear against any of our bottom 6 rivals except fear itself. We simply need to have unfaltering belief in our own ability. Hearts, currently, are the best of the rest and we should enjoy every point and every goal they take off the others in the mix. Ultimately, we will get ourselves to safety.

We are Thistle. The End.

• Like 1

They mentioned the possible points deduction for Killie . Im wondering if that would actually be a disadvantage to us as it could give Hearts a chance of reaching the Play off spot with us still to play them.

If Kilmarnock get a points deduction it can only be good fur us. It will mean that the relegation and playoff spot will be between Hearts and Kilmarnock - everybody else safe.

Perfect. Hearts win and Hibs lose their scoring hoodoo. 3 points next week vital.

Yip, could have done with a 4-0 humping but that;s ok.

Hibs are so one dimensional, long punt and as many crosses into the box as possible.Hearts sat back and let them do it.Im really supprised at how little Hibs were able to raise their game for this.

It's vital next week we stop the crosses coming in and defend the high ball, that's it. that's all they've got. Do that and we'll win.

We have absolutely nothing to fear against any of our bottom 6 rivals except fear itself. We simply need to have unfaltering belief in our own ability. Hearts, currently, are the best of the rest and we should enjoy every point and every goal they take off the others in the mix. Ultimately, we will get ourselves to safety.

We are Thistle. The End.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I've read this a few times and I still don't understand it.

Ive re-read it myself and im not sure I understand it.

I think what I was meaning is that the threat of a point deduction will keep Hearts motivated to take points off teams if there is then a chance they can catch Killie. I dont think Killie will lose points but It will keep Hearts playing to win untill that is fact and we still have to play them.

Who do Hearts play last game of the season ? be interesting to see if a team has to beat them to stay out of the play off at the expense of Hibs what kind of performance Hearts will put up.

Ive just re-read that and dont understand it.

Saw Dundee win easily yesterday and I expect they'll now win the division. Alloa played poorly and the score flattered Dundee. From what I've seen of the 1st division this season our squad of last season would've had the league won weeks ago. Kinda like the only thing to fear is fear itself whoever finishes 11th shouldn't have much difficulty winning the play offs as long as they play with confidence.

Hibs have went over 7 hours of football without a goal. When was their last one? Yip, against us in the 3-1.

We will concede next week so we have to score two.

Yep, that is the likeliest scenario.

Sorry for repeating what I said before the Hearts game - Archie better have the guys up for this one, because Hibs will be fighting for their livelihoods, and then some.

At the risk of receiving a flood of opprobrium from the usual suspects - the game v Hibs is a major examination of the players and the management team's capability to achieve when it matters.

And this time, I feel it in my waters that our boys will deliver on the day.

Every result seems to draw the whole thing even closer. It's amazing. Even, Hearts, without their penalty they'd now be on the same points as us, Hibs and County, with only two points separating everyone.

35 games on and the season might as well be starting right now. Agree with those that say only fear can beat us, I basically believe that we're a better team than the rest.

Edited by allyo