Thistle Transfer Targets Gossip, Summer 2014

yoda-jag

David Clarkson isn't getting a contract at Motherwell despite impressing and is now on trial at Kilmarnock.

If fit, he would be a good signing, but it makes you wonder why, if he impressed at Fir Park, he wasn't offered a contract there

Too similar to the strikers they've already got was McCall's reason...

Stock answer. Polite euphemism in this case perhaps for "not the player he once was". Archie said much the same about yon Boulding fella.tho' in that instance he was never any good. If they really were too similar why bother giving them a trial in the first place?

Stock answer. Polite euphemism in this case perhaps for "not the player he once was". Archie said much the same about yon Boulding fella.tho' in that instance he was never any good. If they really were too similar why bother giving them a trial in the first place?

Because everybody deserves a fair trial before being found guilty.

Looks like El Alagui off to Hbs.

He would have been a half decent signing. Hopefully now the team is back, we will see some activity in the transfer market. A lot of our rivals are and have been busy so far and although I am far from panicking, it would be good to see us even just linked with some players. If Archie thinks the three trialists are not the answer it doesn't leave much time to work with other new guys coming in

I'd rather we weren't being linked with anyone and managed to get the right players in under the radar. No need to panic - I'm sure Archie knows what we need and he'll get them signed up.

I know it's mentioned before but our early signings last season were Kerr and Baird; our late signing was Higgy. I don't care how late we leave it as long as those we sign are of the latter's quality...

• Like 1

Dundee looks like they will be bringing in two Germans who played well against Manchester City yesterday. Some of their earlier signings were a bit iffy, but it looks like they are strengthening well.

They are certainly building a sizeable squad, should have plenty depth for rotation and injury cover. The cash is once again flowing at Dens Park obviously.

Dundee let a good load of folk go as well, they're pretty much going with an entirely new team by the looks of it. County have had their usual massive turnover again, they had a load of foreign trialists at the weekend too so wouldn't be surprised to see them sign half a dozen new faces before the season starts.

They are certainly building a sizeable squad, should have plenty depth for rotation and injury cover. The cash is once again flowing at Dens Park obviously.

See, I don’t think it is. I can’t fathom for the life of me how Dundee can afford to pay the wages that they do, and maintain such a large squad. Just like Rangers, they never seem to learn to stick to their budget.

[/b]

See, I don’t think it is. I can’t fathom for the life of me how Dundee can afford to pay the wages that they do, and maintain such a large squad. Just like Rangers, they never seem to learn to stick to their budget.

I think they got an investment from the Texan businessman last season, around £650k, maybe money is coming from him.

[/b]

Exactly. Just another example of a club living outweigh their means to stay in the league. Quality not quantity, not bothered in the slightest about other teams activity as long as we have suitable additions in the positions discussed by the time we play accies at firhill, then I will be content.