Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

What email address is everyone using to contact the club? Hoping to send a mail later today.

I wonder if the decision to let two fans know and no official announcement as yet is kind of testing the water so they don't have to back out of an official decision should this backlash be enough to convince them this is a terrible idea?

If that's the case the club is in real trouble, as it is being run by people with absolutely no strategic awareness. The more I think about the '3 week rationale' the less believable it gets. This can't be the reason, surely?

If that's the case the club is in real trouble, as it is being run by people with absolutely no strategic awareness. The more I think about the '3 week rationale' the less believable it gets. This can't be the reason, surely?

Stupid decision whatever the reason I am in the JHS myself but appreciate what the guys in the NS have brought to the club.

Hi everyone

I have not posted or quite some time but keep a watching brief.

I just wanted to say the north stand is great and may neutrals I have brought to games in recent times have fallen a little in love with our club because of it.

I feel really sorry for the guys who got burdened with this. They have done the club proud and been shoddily treated.

I know that many away fans have complained about the main stand this season - and with good reason. I really hope that OUR fans are not being taken for granted to make Firhill more pleasing to away fans but the cynic in me thinks that might be what is behind all of this.

So there's an article in the local paper about our anger about something the club hasn't even bothered to announce officially.

On another note, related to the general shambles of how our club is run - I'm reading the P&B's thread about new shirts for next season, and how many are advertised/already on sale. Can we assume we'll be half-assedly revealing ours a couple of weeks before the new season starts, and helpfully avoid any possible Summer sales once again?

I suggested we offer a non Celtic season ticket as an alternative option. They hadn't thought of that.

Jesus. To think that the board haven't sat down and considered all options is frightening. Surely they must listen to fans suggestions and look at other clubs operations for possible solutions.

It's more than likely we will only play Celtic once next season, twice at parkhead.

Exactly, so all this crap over, more than likely, one game. Sorry I don't buy it. The whole thing stinks!

Edited by Lindau

Ian

I was at Firhill on Saturday for what should have been a celebration of Wednesday’s result, and a great final day out. Unfortunately, due to some absolutely horrendous news that we received regarding the North Stand it wasn’t to be. Everybody around me was gutted and generally flabbergasted by the decision to move us to the Main Stand. I generally don’t even know where to begin with this – it’s an absolute disgrace.

For avoidance of doubt here, I won’t be renewing my season ticket and I won’t be supporting TAG or becoming involved in any club initiative (for example the Centenary Fund) if this decision is upheld. You and the other board members have ruined all the goodwill arising from David Beattie’s recent interview on STV and also the recent fan engagement meeting re TAG. I can’t imagine how this was considered to be a good idea – it can hardly come as a surprise to you that there is so much negativity surrounding it.

Can I also just say, that some of the suggestions you have made re upgrade of “facilities” in the Main Stand wouldn’t appease anyone. There aren’t any basins in the toilet I used at the Celtic game – I rest my case here. I don’t even want to get started on the reasons for this move.

Believe me when I say I didn’t want to send this email – but this decision is simply disgusting. For years fans of PTFC have been treated with contempt by previous BODs. Finally the current Board made the right decision with the North Stand – and now it is back to square zero (I won’t even give this current situation square one status).

I have copied this email to [email protected].

Best Regards,

Andrew Holloway

• Like 2

Did the Club give an alternative location for the singing section. Can,t seem to see that in the thread.

I was in the JH on Saturday and the Ross County support sounded just as loud as the NS with fewer fans. Is this the proposed location?

So there's an article in the local paper about our anger about something the club hasn't even bothered to announce officially.

Is it the case that no season tickets are actually issued for the Northy but JHS ones are valid for entry?

If it is, then the club probably have no need to officially announce anything prior to ST's going on sale, as underhand as that may be.

Did the Club give an alternative location for the singing section. Can,t seem to see that in the thread.

I was in the JH on Saturday and the Ross County support sounded just as loud as the NS with fewer fans. Is this the proposed location?

Main stand, but as yet no official announcement.

To be honest, the noise in the North Stand in the first half wasn't as loud as other games this season until the second half. I thought it was a bit strange as the fans nearer the Main stand side are usually pretty loud but I think the news may have affected that.

I have never posted before, All the JHS supporters that exit via the North exit to get to their cars parked at the back of the stand are now going to have to wait for ages till they open the gate after the away fans clear the North stand just like old times. Not the match day experience I enjoyed standing in the cold and rain. So PTFC board you will have hacked off a lot more than 600 supporters in the North Stand, I will not be renewing my season ticket which I have had for 42 years until all our supporters are treated with the respect they deserve. I urge all JHS supporters do the same and fully support our singing section in the North stand.

Would be interesting to see what the players think of this decision? Not likely to get any who are under contract to comment on it but the likes of ATS or Erskine may have a view on how having an atmosphere has helped us achieve what we have the last few years.

Stuart Bannigan re-tweeted the petition last night. Could have just been being polite, but I'd be shocked if the players wanted their most vocal fans dicked about like this...

To be honest I don't even know why I should bother e-mailing the club. In the past any e-mails I have sent haven't been acknowledged or replied to. This decision and the method of its' communication has displayed a contempt for the fanbase that won't be rectified by an e-mail. I suppose Lance Gilmour has stopped reading this website, much less post on it?

God forbid that the fans actually feel anything like a communal spirit with their club - we're just walking wallets.

So angry about this. I'll just support the team at away games next season, the board can take their soulless stadium and bing and shove it if this situation doesn't get resolved ... and even then, this crass stupidity should never have been suggested, let alone implemented anyway.

One step forward three steps back.

Its just typical of the club, and the poor attitude they show towards the fans ,

I went to collect my player sponsorship jersey after the game along with my mates 11year granson, who was hyper at going to get an actual players jersey, and to meet all the players. When we arrived we were told no jersey was available and if they get it back they will post it out. Too say I was livid was an understatement.

I had planned to renew the two season tickets this morning but given the news about the North Stand , my money will still in my pocket until this is resolved

Also with the Centenary Fund what happpened to the twice yearly draw for a Car - I dont recall seeing a draw for thisin the past few months

Because it takes the office 3 weeks to prepare for a Celtic game, moving us permanently will alleviate some of the workload from the office as they won't need to contact 250 season ticket holders about moving.

Well as a means to an end that's a cracker. Now they can alleviate more workload by not having to process so many season tickets.

• Like 1

I know this wouldn't appease everyone, but if the decision is to avoid disruption at Celtic games wouldn't the sensible decision just be to not sell season tickets for the North Stand? Allocate all Season Tickets to the JH, but allow these for access into the North Stand on "normal" match days (at least 80% of games). When an all ticket game comes along then obviously everyone has to revert to their allocated seat, and this gives the club full flexibility on where they house away fans for these games.

It wouldn't be ideal and I'm sure it would also get a lot of criticism, but it would be at least 80% better for the fans and it would seem to address the club's apparent (though not fully explained) problem. Because at this stage what they're doing seems to be reckless madness.

I just don't understand this decision. The rationale makes no sense. Funny how in one fell swoop they can take us back to the bad old days.

Our wee group had collectively agreed to change our JHS season tickets for NS ones for the forthcoming season. A big decision, since we've had the same seats since the 94-95 season, but the reality is the the NS had revitalised our jaded view of the home game atmosphere. We'd really debated whether it was worth carrying on with season tickets since we kept on moving around anyway.

But talk about taking the wind out of our sails. They've managed to get so much right, but this one decision leads us to not renewing our season tickets. Not angry, just very, very disappointed....

Its just typical of the club, and the poor attitude they show towards the fans ,

I went to collect my player sponsorship jersey after the game along with my mates 11year granson, who was hyper at going to get an actual players jersey, and to meet all the players. When we arrived we were told no jersey was available and if they get it back they will post it out. Too say I was livid was an understatement.

That is SHOCKING! How much did you pay for something they might send to you if they get it?

What a business.

CONSPIRACY THEORY

All these Main stand haters could be playing right into the hands of the Prop.Co. quick-fix-investment-return plan.

As far as I am able to research, a 2 sided Firhill ( JHS & NS remain untouched, Main Stand and bing replaced with office/residential property and minimal spectator accomodation ) is the prefered solution for the property developers. The investors put their cash in about 5 or 6 years ago, maybe the patience and empathy for the Club, of these "Thistle minded people", is now wearing thin? ... "As Ian Maxwell put it, 'you need to remember, this is a business.'".

Perhaps this move is more about proving that a maximum of about 600-700 seats behind the dugouts is sufficient in perpituity.

I would guess that in accomodating the away supporters this season the Main Stand has had more punters through it's old turnstiles than the NS. Hearts, Aberdeen, DU, and St Mirren have all filled it. Which makes it hard to justify decomissioning and replacing with an alternative use facility with greatly decreased supporter accomodation.

... ... ... Just a thought.

I love the Main Stand. I make no apology for having both a sentimental connection to it's character and atmosphere and an appreciation for its architectural asthetic. I do not contest that it does not need a major refurbishment to drag it up to today's supporters' expectations. However, it simply would not be in use at all without a safety sertificate. Furthermore, it is the ideal scale for a club of our nature. Unlike the JHS, which is grossly too big.

If this dictatorial edict is maintained and enforced by the "custodians", I suggest the best 2 fingers the board ( especially the 3 [ Beattie, Dodd & Allan] holding directorships of both PTFC Ltd. & Firhill Developments Ltd) might get from the fans is that all of us fill the Main Stand before the JHS. ... 2500 of us in there could certainly make a point to the board(s).

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I suggested we offer a non Celtic season ticket as an alternative option. They hadn't thought of that.

But, but, but ... Complicated business decisions, maximising revenue, new more professional approach, match day experience, etc.

Again something that has been discussed on here and among fans in general but it would be far too sensible to approach them for input before letting out another collective brain fart of an idea. How did they honestly think this would play out given the reaction over moving NS fans for Celtic games?

No mention of season tickets going on sale on official site yet? I'd have thought it would be plastered all over the landing page and home page first thing this morning after Beattie saying they were going on sale today in his interview. Completely unrelated, I'm sure.