Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

I love how the club send the big guns out, or Chris Jack as he's known, as a wee seed sower... Oh Chris has heard the reasons, and he thinks it's for the best! Maybe we should wait til the club make a statement.

Well that's going to be three days since they laid it at Ian and i's door. There was no confidentiality agreement, Ian and I suggested that we keep it to ourselves during the game so as not to ruin the fans final game.

I'm genuinely sorry that I couldn't keep it in, but I'm glad I didn't, as to do so would have let the board of directors off scot free as they kicked back in their padded seats enjoying their meals and drinks, while Ian and I had the meeting play through our minds again and again.

They have had ample opportunity to put out a statement, they were prepared when meeting Ian and I, so they could have put a statement out Saturday night.

One of the office staff confirmed there was a board meeting this morning... Still nothing, but apparently they've shown Chris jack the courtesy of filling him in. But not the customers.

Chris states in his tweets that after listening to the board he thinks the NS fans will change their minds. I'd suggest it would take an almighty bombshell for that to happen, but seen as how Ian and I weren't advised of any, I don't know what they will come up with.

I don't think I can make it any clearer, the main stand is of absolutely no use to us.

They can promise how they will fit new netting to the ceiling, spend money decorating the Aitken Suite, installing a pool table and sky sports, and market it as The Shed Bar, yes a Shed Bar, potentially alienating JHS fans. Oblivious to the fCt that fans have local pub loyalty and that will never change.

They can tell us all they want about how we can hang the flags over the front walls, and how they will tell Joma they no longer have the best advertising boards in the stadium. Yeah sure that'll happen. I'm sure Joma will be happy with that.

They can make all the promises under the sun, because their promises mean nothing, David Beattie promised us we would never be moved out of the north stand, for no one. His promises, the boards promises aren't worth the price of the paper you read them in.

The Main Stand is no use, it has worse acoustics and the sound doesn't travel to the JHS stand as well as it does from the North Stand.

The view is not important. We've had the NS view for two years, and we don't want to give up the NS. Every corner kick, every attack at the north end, we are right on top of it. In the second half, we are a vocal wall behind Gal, you don't get that same effect from the main stand.

The main stand is aged, it is uncomfortable with less leg room for people who choose to sit.

If we move to the main stand, how long til we are moved again to accommodate a propco refurbishment?

And if we are moved, where to? A poxy 1000 seater stand at the south end? Jesus that's even worse! Reduced height of a 1000 seater stand restricts the acoustics, and we'd be at the opposite end of the pitch to the away fans, where's the interaction with that? A 1000 seater stand, with safe standing tho??? Really? Big whoa wee. We already stand up in the NS. Safe standing isn't going to give us something we don't have. A 1000 seater stand at the south end restricts our capacity to grow. We average 600 but have filled it twice with 2000. To have a 1000 seater south stand restricts the capacity to grow in line with their projected tag figures.

They want 5000 ST holders. To treble the current figure... Well I want us to do that too, and averGe 1800, if they think 5000 ST holders is achievable then why shouldn't 1800 singers be achievable?

excellent post dave, in complete agreement with all that.

but i'm sure chris jack didn't just sit there like a nodding toy dog, lapping up all he heard, without asking probing and pertinent questions, after all i'm sure he knows all the pros and cons of all areas of our stadium, what works best for matchday experience for jags supporters, and what jags supporters really want.

• Like 1

What's needed is a 2,000-seater city end stand for Thistle fans. That would accommodate the current north stand supporters, give the away fans the NS, and flexible use of a couple of blocks of the north end of the JH stand when necessary (e.g. 'tic infestations). Then they can do what they like with the main stand.

What's needed is a 2,000-seater city end stand for Thistle fans. That would accommodate the current north stand supporters, give the away fans the NS, and flexible use of a couple of blocks of the north end of the JH stand when necessary (e.g. 'tic infestations). Then they can do what they like with the main stand.

Do you really want to see a 60ft high brick wall running the entire length of the pitch on the Firhill Rd side?

The accepted planning permission is for a mix of housing, office and dressing room space at the City end with the possibility of a miniature stand containing a single digit number of rows behind the bye-line. It looks ridiculous. Long may the property slump continue.....

I agree with so much that has already been said and therefore will not repeat it other than to confirm that I will not be renewing my (North Stand) season ticket until this ridiculous decision has been reversed.

Just to bring something new to the debate I would reply to the snide remark Ian Maxwell apparently made to the effect that the NS support had not been so effective this season as witnessed by our winning only 2 home games. That comment is so wrong on so many levels. Without the positivity flowing from the NS, cheering on players who were obviously trying their best and competing well at a higher level than many had been previously accustomed to, a more negative spirit may have pervaded when results were not so good and that in turn may have led to poorer and less enthusiastic away supports and an eventual downward spiral into the place which Hibs now occupy. The strong bond between players and fans that produced the excellent backing and fine fightback victories at Kilmarnock and Hearts which secured our survival was founded on the bedrock of the unwavering positive support which the NS attitude exemplifies.

Not sure if Ian Maxwell would understand that, but hopefully some fellow posters will know what i mean.

• Like 3

Do you really want to see a 60ft high brick wall running the entire length of the pitch on the Firhill Rd side?

The accepted planning permission is for a mix of housing, office and dressing room space at the City end with the possibility of a miniature stand containing a single digit number of rows behind the bye-line. It looks ridiculous. Long may the property slump continue.....

That doesn't mean they need to adhere to that plan. In fact I would imagine that a simple application to build just a stand would be straightforward. Remember that a problem with the mixed-use application was that the council pointed out that the stadium was exactly that, a stadium.

I agree with so much that has already been said and therefore will not repeat it other than to confirm that I will not be renewing my (North Stand) season ticket until this ridiculous decision has been reversed.

Just to bring something new to the debate I would reply to the snide remark Ian Maxwell apparently made to the effect that the NS support had not been so effective this season as witnessed by our winning only 2 home games. That comment is so wrong on so many levels. Without the positivity flowing from the NS, cheering on players who were obviously trying their best and competing well at a higher level than many had been previously accustomed to, a more negative spirit may have pervaded when results were not so good and that in turn may have led to poorer and less enthusiastic away supports and an eventual downward spiral into the place which Hibs now occupy. The strong bond between players and fans that produced the excellent backing and fine fightback victories at Kilmarnock and Hearts which secured our survival was founded on the bedrock of the unwavering positive support which the NS attitude exemplifies.

Not sure if Ian Maxwell would understand that, but hopefully some fellow posters will know what i mean.

Yes, it's a cheap "joke" that actually devalues the support. I'll be interested in hearing how the proposed banishing of Thistle fans from the north stand will lead to "progress" as a club.

Off at a tangent a little I know, but I've had a few dealings with Ian Maxwell over the same issue during the season, namely a TV camera on the gantry in front of us.

On the first occasion I was promised that it wouldn't happen again.

On the second occasion it was a case of it was an oversight. He'd spoken with the TV company & told them the camera wouldn't go there & they'd agreed but...

On the 3rd occasion myself, & others sitting in the row, received phone calls to say that there would be a camera in front of us & they'd offer us seats in the Main Stand if we wanted them.

So much for assurances but at least by the 3rd occasion we got a phone call!

As for the CF stories & no prize money received, isn't that fraud or something?

I think the supporters give the club a helluva a lot of goodwill because of their affinity to the club. Unfortunately guys like Beattie, Maxwell & others take advantage of this it seems.

The Maxwell comments are very poor, he's managed to probably insult players and fans at the same time. It seems he effectively disregards the influence, noise and atmosphere the NS creates. But what if we weren't there? Would silence or the away fans giving you abuse make the players want to fight for the many draws we've had at home, that could have easily been wins but for a small mistake. Possibly it was an off-the-cuff remark, but probably has a lot of his real feelings in it since he didn't have time to prepare a better statement.

Also, I know what you mean.

If the decision remains, how about all those not renewing season tickets agree to spend the first match at Firhill lending our support to the team by peering through the fence at the south end of the JH stand?

The players, and board for that matter, will surely hear the singing from there anyway.

If the decision remains, how about all those not renewing season tickets agree to spend the first match at Firhill lending our support to the team by peering through the fence at the south end of the JH stand?

The players, and board for that matter, will surely hear the singing from there anyway.

No doubt you'd be moved on by Strathclyde's finest.

Could not agree more....it's bizarre

Grim reading...

I'm sure it was that people were annoyed at moving from the North Stand to the Main Stand. Not the movement itself, I may be wrong there. That's an incredibly frustrating statement from the club... Answers the question on next season then. Not sure i'll be there that often to be honest.

Nonsense statement.

Why can't Celtic or Rangers fans sit in the Main Stand when Thistle fans can? That's the real issue they should be tackling. And seriously, if they can't be trusted then we should ban them from Firhill.

I'd rather we got relegated standing by our morals and principles than stayed in the Premiership but shafted our own fans. I have no interest whatsoever in next season anymore.

• Like 2

'Archie wants some noise behind him'.. what total and utter patronising shite.

This reeks to me of a few wee complaints from fellow SPFL chairman about the facilities and a 'let's just put those fannies in there' scenario. That statement gives no real reason what so ever, shameful.

Away games for me, not being taken for granted by these clowns anymore.

A patronising and frustrating statement from the club that I predict will do little to dampen the anger about this. The players and the management team would prefer fans behind them? That strikes me as completely made up on the spot, would be staggered if Archibald, Paterson and the playing staff had communicated this to the board. Absolute nonsense

The singing section won't be behind the dugout in this move.

The North Stand must move to accommodate Rangers and Celtic. I only assume that no season tickets will be granted to the North end of the Jackie Husband stand, as I imagine half of the stand will be given to them on their visits.

In other cases will Thistle be wilfully denying extra income by limiting possible large away supports - Hearts and St Mirren sold out the away stand last season - by only giving them the North Stand? Or does it mean the JH will always be split in two now? Which will mean more stewarding and policing costs?

"We are in no way looking to split up the signing section" - more brilliant professionalism from the people who told two fans before the last game that "we only won two home games" last season - and no mention of how shitty that communication was.

"The fans are the most important part of this club and without you the club would not survive. Remember, it’s the fans that make the atmosphere – not where they sit in the stadium."

I'll be supporting my team at away grounds next season, cheers, because this message is the opposite of treating us as the most important thing.

Edited by peagreenboy