Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

I think Jaggernaut has got the right idea. It's gonna take some creative, positive and possibly out of the box ideas to get a solution to please everyone. I think its up to us the fans now to come up with these ideas and encourage fans to get behind them rather than having a moan about the boards obvious mistakes

Edited by ifu02348

I think Jaggernaut has got the right idea. It's gonna take some creative, positive and possibly out of the box ideas to get a solution to please everyone. I think its up to us the fans now to come up with these ideas and encourage fans to get behind them rather than having a moan about the boards obvious mistakes

A solution? That would suggest there is a problem.

What's the problem, I've still to hear or read what the problem is.

The board have created a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

• Like 2

Can we compile a list of the perceived Pros And Cons?

Then try to give them each a weighting? - noting that any Pro or Con may introduce undesired side effects? E.g. Move out of North Stand to Main Stand has lots of effects with roll on consequences .......

Attendees need to have a good set of considered options to hand rather than be blinded to the full outcomes of any changes

Non-Celtic ST solves the problem fine, and have a sale of tickets for that game slightly early to allow any NS ST holder to get a ticket.

That said, for "easier segregation" surely Celtic having the Main Stand and North Stand works best - this means they all enter from Firhill Road, while Jags fans would go up either the North or South Drive to enter the Jackie Husband? This was my main issue with the "the police told us to do it" excuse. If it's due to them letting off flares / smoke bombs then it's police incompetence that allows them in with them - just frisk the lot of them - and, honestly, if that doesn't work then **** the money - make an example of them by banning them.

Can we compile a list of the perceived Pros And Cons?

Then try to give them each a weighting? - noting that any Pro or Con may introduce undesired side effects? E.g. Move out of North Stand to Main Stand has lots of effects with roll on consequences .......

Attendees need to have a good set of considered options to hand rather than be blinded to the full outcomes of any changes

We've not had a list in a long time Shuggie

Cons with moving

Restricted view

Lack of atmosphere

Potential to lose fans

Drop in game income (Price to be dropped in main stand)

Lack of leg room

Harder to stand up

Nowhere to put flags

Worse access for fans with disabilities (Movement restrictions)

Pros with the move

Easier for the office staff to sell tickets to the North Stand for Celtic games

Non-Celtic ST solves the problem fine, and have a sale of tickets for that game slightly early to allow any NS ST holder to get a ticket.

Completely agree with this. We have the whole summer to come up with something and have it in place for the new season. The old firm used to do this as well i think so no reason how we cant.

Everyone gets totally pissed off and abusive when their designated season ticket seat gets taken off them and give to celtic fans

theres one reason for moving to a permanent home

Although not ideal im sure most of us would give up the stand in the 1 or 2 games that we play Celtic next season, in return for not being moved to the main stand for every game.

As PT points out, why should we be looking for a solution to something that isn't a problem?

Two statements posted by the board on the OS, and neither highlights a problem with current arrangements.

Furthermore, neither statement bothers to make even the most passing reference to the previous, explicit 'assurances' given by DB over future security of tenure for us in the NS.

Completely inadequate.

Our only proble seems to be selling tickets for the Celtic game, sort the office out and it removes the problem, don't create new problems masking the problem that the office already has.

Remember we have a computerised seating / ticketing page....... how difficult will it be, and we also already move JHS ST holders for the Celtic games, so this cannot be the real reason

Agree 100%, I don't think many supporters, whilst admittedly not being over chuffed at the idea would have considered it an issue of principal to be moved in order to accomodate Celtic supporters. I think most of us are realistic enough to appreciate that, if it was ever not the case that money is the determining factor in modern sport.

As potty trained says if the BoD's had a plausible reason for moving supporters, then I'm sure our fans after the usual mumping would have considered it and may well have aquiessed, at the end of the day. Instead, I have to confess, I am no nearer to understanding the reasons that lie behind this move today than I was on Saturday, when the story broke.

The really annoying thing is that one gets the impression that just as during the whole Sevco imbroglio, to those who run football and football clubs we who watch football are brainless muppets who are of no real account other than to pay their money and then know their place.

As recent events have shown the days of tugging the forelock are fortunately long gone and we football fans are no longer content to be an afterthought. Essentialy, in the annals of self-inflicted disasters the last week or so stands out as primus inter pares.

In addition as Norgethistle says I honestly can't see a valid reason other than making it administratively easier to allocate tickets for games involving Celtic for the emergence of this entire issue. Using that sort of logic instead of redecorating your house when required, you would simply demolish it and re-build it instead!

Edited by stillresigned

^^bullseye

As PT points out, why should we be looking for a solution to something that isn't a problem?

Two statements posted by the board on the OS, and neither highlights a problem with current arrangements.

Furthermore, neither statement bothers to make even the most passing reference to the previous, explicit 'assurances' given by DB over future security of tenure for us in the NS.

Completely inadequate.

^^spot on

Our only proble seems to be selling tickets for the Celtic game, sort the office out and it removes the problem, don't create new problems masking the problem that the office already has.

Remember we have a computerised seating / ticketing page....... how difficult will it be, and we also already move JHS ST holders for the Celtic games, so this cannot be the real reason

^^this

Cons with moving

Restricted view

Lack of atmosphere

Potential to lose fans

Drop in game income (Price to be dropped in main stand)

Lack of leg room

Harder to stand up

Nowhere to put flags

Worse access for fans with disabilities (Movement restrictions)

Pros with the move

Easier for the office staff to sell tickets to the North Stand for Celtic games

^^pretty much it in a nutshell.

The really annoying thing is that one gets the impression that just as during the whole Sevco imbroglio, to those who run football and football clubs we who watch football are brainless muppets who are of no real account other than to pay their money and then know their place.

As recent events have shown the days of tugging the forelock are fortunately long gone and we football fans are no longer content to be an afterthought. Essentialy, in the annals of self-inflicted disasters the last week or so stands out as primus inter pares.

In addition as Norgethistle says I honestly can't see a valid reason other than making it administratively easier to allocate tickets for games involving Celtic for the emergence of this entire issue. Using that sort of logic instead of redecorating your house when required, you would simply demolish it and re-build it instead!

uncut-rik-mayall-advert-is-sick-and-must-be-banned.jpg

Just thinking to myself, but is it not the case that, the feasibility of the main stand as a home singing section is not an issue for discussion, until the club provide a valid reason to move us?

They have not provided a single reason to suggest that we require to be moved.

The destination of where we are moving to is not yet an issue, as there's no reason to move us.

This is the most bizarre thing about this. The only reason given so far is that it's hassle for the office staff to organise the move. If there are a grand total of 250 season tickets in the north stand then it's not much bloody hassle, especially if they are going to have to move ST holders in the north end of the JHS anyway.

They aren't relying on the 'business' arguement anymore in the new statement although they did in the meeting on Saturday, of course that doesn't stand up to any scrutiny whatsoever. Plus we are only playing Celtic ONCE at home next season, so even if they can shift a few extra tickets by doing this (although I don't see how they can) it's absolute buttons for ONE game. On the off chance we play Celtic twice at home next season that means we're in the top 6 and the extra money we make from that league placing is certainly enough to get a couple of temps in for a couple of days to process the ticket moves.

It is such a monumentally stupid decision in every possible regard and it was communciated in such a snide way that I have absolutely no confidence in the board of directors. 3 summers, 3 times the fans perfectly reasonable wishes have been ignored and 3 times we have been treated with utter contempt.

• Like 1

There seems to be perfectly reasonable solutions to these "problems".

The non celtic season ticket is a good idea. It would need a fair bit of ironing out but could be workable. Alternatively, anyone who buys a season ticket for the NS is also given a seat number for the Main stand (in the last couple of sections next to the ns, preferably). This is given at the START of the season and is applicable to any home match involving either of the OF. That way the moves are already planned into the system and the club know well in advance as to what they are.

As for the having the fans behind the dugout? Would it be feasible to move the dugout? Put it in front of the JH. You could even build the new dugout into the first couple of rows of the stand Like they do at some grounds in England?

Edited by brick_top

Anyone know what time the meeting is tomorrow? Is it definitely tomorrow or did I mis-read a post somewhere. Want to keep an eye out for updates, in the hope that a solution to whatever problems the board face with Jags fans being in the NS is found.

Good luck to anyone on here that is attending.

• Like 1

Anyone know what time the meeting is tomorrow? Is it definitely tomorrow or did I mis-read a post somewhere. Want to keep an eye out for updates, in the hope that a solution to whatever problems the board face with Jags fans being in the NS is found.

Good luck to anyone on here that is attending.

6pm tomorrow night.

For reference there is a federation meeting at firhill tomorrow night (Friday) regarding the club moving the singing section.

Attending, David Beattie, Ian Maxwell and Lance Gilmour. North stand, Jags Trust and many Supporters Bus Reps.

It is hoped that the club will acknowledge the objections to the move, the petition with 700+ signatures and the poll from WAT suggesting a potential boycott of 50% of season ticket renewals, should they continue down this path.

Many people across our fan base have made their opinions known, and the vast majority support us to remain in the North Stand.

I hope that an agreement will be reached that will allow the club to launch Season Ticket renewals, as as it stands, due to their own actions, they have had to delay the launch.

As a Partick Thistle fan I am emotionally tied to the Club, I only want what is best for Partick Thistle and it's fans. To move the singing section into the main stand and give away support permanent residence behind the goal is not the best course of action for The Club, the team or the fans.