Season Tickets Now On Sale

Letter? Never got one.

My Dad's turned up last week / start of this week, after he read it said for me not to bother doing his renewal on line as he had the letter and all renewal online saved was a stamp.

I had to get him to recheck the pricing info apparently its not that clear that you'll get charged £10 admin plus £2.50 to not have to post out a re-authorized ticket

In his words " 12 bloody 50 to press a button and renew godstruth they must think we're buttoned up the back"

Edited by Norgethistle

I renewed my season ticket today online and purchase was confirmed by email, with the following addendum:-

"IF YOU ARE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND HAVE RENEWED YOUR EXISTING SEAT FOR THE SEASON, YOUR EXISTING SMARTCARD WILL BE VALID AND IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO PICK ANYTHING UP FROM THE TICKET OFFICE, OR FOR THE TICKET OFFICE TO SEND ANYTHING TO YOU."

Regarding Apple users - has anyone tried renewing by phone explaining their situation. Surely, you wouldn't be charged £10 ?

I renewed x2 season tickets through my ipad. No probs. got the email confirmations and credit card showing £616 debited.

Regarding Apple users - has anyone tried renewing by phone explaining their situation. Surely, you wouldn't be charged £10 ?

Phoned the office today to ask whether Apple users would be able to renew online by the 15th. I was told that we wouldn't. I asked how, under the circumstances, I could renew without paying a £10 penalty. The answer was 'Go to the library'.

So the choice was to renew over the phone and pay £10 or haul my two kids off to a library at some point over the weekend and use a public internet link and a ticketing system which I am unconvinced is secure and may not work anyway (I won't go into the nonsense of expecting me to give email addresses for my young boys). I may by then, of course, lose my seats.

I renewed our three seats over the phone. It took about a minute. I handed over £368 and got no thanks. A shocking way to treat a loyal customer.

As I have said before, I love the Jags. I am, however, not a supporter of the business that is Partick Thistle Football Club. It is appallingly run. I have no faith in their ability to increase the fan base and lead the club forwards. I will be surprised if season ticket sales exceed last season. Off the park we are going nowhere. As a Jags fan, I write this with a heavy heart.

• Like 1

Phoned the office today to ask whether Apple users would be able to renew online by the 15th. I was told that we wouldn't. I asked how, under the circumstances, I could renew without paying a £10 penalty. The answer was 'Go to the library'.

So the choice was to renew over the phone and pay £10 or haul my two kids off to a library at some point over the weekend and use a public internet link and a ticketing system which I am unconvinced is secure and may not work anyway (I won't go into the nonsense of expecting me to give email addresses for my young boys). I may by then, of course, lose my seats.

I renewed our three seats over the phone. It took about a minute. I handed over £368 and got no thanks. A shocking way to treat a loyal customer.

As I have said before, I love the Jags. I am, however, not a supporter of the business that is Partick Thistle Football Club. It is appallingly run. I have no faith in their ability to increase the fan base and lead the club forwards. I will be surprised if season ticket sales exceed last season. Off the park we are going nowhere. As a Jags fan, I write this with a heavy heart.

I'd be looking for the extra money back especially as it's now working on the ipad & they haven't bothered to inform.

I have to say that is really bad. There have been a couple of comments re poor customer service by the office staff. Is there somebody new in there ?

Thanks BGM. I will be phoning the club on Monday. More mis- dis- and lack of information.

I trust it is misinformation

If the Club actually set out to spread disinformation then they have to be applauded for a job well done.

Shabby treatment, BowenBoys. My main gripe is not the amateurish handling of club administration as such, it's the pretence at professionalism. Coupled of course with the inevitable admissions of error long after the damage is done.

Btw with regards to season ticket sales what exactly is the difference between a glitch and a **** up?

I trust it is misinformation

If the Club actually set out to spread disinformation then they have to be applauded for a job well done.

Shabby treatment, BowenBoys. My main gripe is not the amateurish handling of club administration as such, it's the pretence at professionalism. Coupled of course with the inevitable admissions of error long after the damage is done.

Btw with regards to season ticket sales what exactly is the difference between a glitch and a **** up?

I'm sure you're right, My Lady. It is also terrible mismanagement. It's not really about the £10, it's about the mess the club is in. So many administrative 'glitches' over the last 18 months. How many on WAT mistrust the club? They are incompetent. This mob will never grow the fan base to 5,000 season ticket holders. I'm sure most people dismissed that statement as soon as it was uttered.

We are all proud of Archie and the players for what they have achieved over the last two years and look forward to seeing the team flourish. However, I wonder how close to the ceiling of achievement we are with the current club management.

• Like 1

Renewed my seat through an apple device.

Took a screenshot of payment/transaction number which is probably just as well as I've had nothing from club to say that it's been done.

I tend to agree with Bowen Boys post.

Shambles off the park. Then again, how many Summers have we said that?

Lambies Lost Doo- Are you related to someone in the club as I'd suggest you're in the minority if you fully trust that site.

I found the site easy to use. So I am countering what others have said from my user experience.

It seems that any problem at the club people jump on it and post it on the board. It's almost people are enjoying something to complain about.

We are a small club, still growing and still developing on field and especially off field.

Personally, I managed to renew relatively easily, eventually. However, I also would say that it's long past time that we began to make our administration more professional and frankly more efficient. I had hoped that after the various debacles of the past year or so the Board would have recognised such an improvement as a major priority, unhappily this doesn't appear to have been the case.

Edited by stillresigned

We are a small club, still growing and still developing on field and especially off field.

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining. In the same way you say you found it easy, many others have found it difficult. Also the inconsistencies with some receiving email or written correspondence & others, including myself, nothing.

I disagree with the small club quote. We are a Premier League club now with, I'd imagine, a 6 figure turnover last season.

Also, if we were a 'small' club then you'd expect a far more personal experience rather than being charged for the privilege.

We are growing on the park which in turn will mean the administrative side will also grow.

At this moment in time it seems to be temps & volunteers!!

Did we ever replace Michelle Evans?

• Like 2

I found the site easy to use. So I am countering what others have said from my user experience.

It seems that any problem at the club people jump on it and post it on the board. It's almost people are enjoying something to complain about.

OK fair dos. Your previous post came across a bit "I'm alright, Jack. Look at me". Also there are many barely on the fringe of being computer literate amongst us who wouldn't have a clue what "via a Google nexus tablet" means

Any critical remarks I've made are in sympathy with those who have struggled and are still struggling with renewals. I bought offline..

I do agree that, given our relatively small club status, some of the posters on here are too quick to jump on the team or manager's back. I do think in some cases within those ranks and twisted tho' it is there's aspects of enjoyment.when things go wrong onfield. Accepting that then it's logical to conclude there are some who also enjoy knocking the Club in off field matters.

To repeat I personally don't have any real gripe if we as a Club are amateurish in off field matters. If we're learning from our mistakes that's fine with me. Where I do however feel there's real substance for complaint is the Club continually masquerading under a pretence of professionalism when going headlong into things they should know they can't deliver on. The whole TAG fiasco is not only the most glaring example of this it should also have be the defining moment when those that run our Club should've said "never again should we go in too deep till we know we can carry this thru" .

Nothing against amateurism if amateurs learn by their errors..

• 3 weeks later...