Dundee Game

JaggyMad

Did McGowan get booked or anything. He definitely moved towards Fox and raised his hand first. Didn't connect with his head mind you, but he instigated it.

Watched it a few times and still looks a bit soft. But yes, there was a sweeping movement from Fox with his gloved hand and he did appear to make contact; but not in an overly aggressive manner (IMO). But in fairness, I didn't think McGowan made that much of it. From what I can recall, he didn't dive to the floor clutching his face; nor did he make to have a go at Fox.

Late in the day and lesson hopefully learned, but worth an appeal?

I can accept that ref's decision to give a penalty but imo Scott was no more violent than the Dundee player who, in the first half, pushed one our guys to the ground with both arms following

the award of a free kick against him. He merely got a verbal warning from the ref.

The showing of a red card for Scott's similar indiscretion was extremely harsh.

No fixed it for me naw....why would he want the goalie sent off? This was was before Fox slapped him so why was he yappin? Anyway it's no gonni keep me awake at

night...just wonderin that was aw.

Read his edit of the quote, no the post above it.

I don't think what fox done was intentional but at the end if the day it was such a ridiculous thing to do when the refs standing a yard away from u ! With gal gna have to come back in for foxs suspension I can't see fox being allowed straight back into the team when it's finished after all Archie was willing to put his confidence in fox to be number 1 again n gal had to accept it

:thumbsup2:

Agree. Which in the eyes of the referee warranted a red card.

And the BBC says that the manager is considering an appeal against it.

"By all accounts, the referee says it's violent conduct. Our goalkeeper says he just put his hand up to push someone away. If it's worthy of an appeal, we will."

Edited by kni

And the BBC says that the manager is considering an appeal against it.

"By all accounts, the referee says it's violent conduct. Our goalkeeper says he just put his hand up to push someone away. If it's worthy of an appeal, we will."

You do realise that was written on Saturday and it's been announced we won't appeal?

Just watched the replay again, not sure if this was discussed earlier, but quite a poor show from McPake after the penalty was given shouting in Seabournes face. What's that all about man? Schoolboy stuff, very poor sportsmanship, hate to see that.

Also think the sending off was a poor decision, seen much worse and the ref killed the game.