Ex Rangers Midfielder Currently Training With Thistle

The Legend Blows

That would be an interesting one. He looked pretty useful for Brisbane in the A League, and I know he didn't get another contract for Gold Coast United, so he may well be back in Scotland.

From what I saw of him playing in the Aussie league, he could still do a job at 1st Division level.

Edited by NZ Jag

We don't need another central midfielder and we certainly don't need a midfielder older than David Rowson when they have a history of poor fitness.

He'd become the most creative player in the team, compared with what we have now.

That's if this is even true and he has still something to offer at this level.

I met a guy in Bergen who maintained that Charlie Miller was the greatest footballer he'd ever seen and even named his first-born Charlie. Apparently everyone loved him there. Then the manager grew tired of his poor attitude and boozing so got shot of him.

He was playing in Norway a few seasons ago.A few friends I have there said he had a reputation as a bit of a trouble maker in the dressing room.Not sure given his age and weight he'd be a good signing at all

He was fantastic playing for Brann over here, the "trouble" in the dressing room is when he refused to take the runners up medal or do a lap of honour when Brann came 2nd in the league after blowing a huge lead, made the statement "where i come from seconds not worth celebrating"

Charlie fitted in well in the Aussie A League showing some of his Crafty Glasgow Touches ala Chic Charnley ! As the standard of the A League is very much the same as Div 1 I think he'd do really well for us so why not give him a go as it wouldn;t do any harm to our current plight !

It'd do financial harm as we don't have a pot to piss in and he likes a decent wage.

He was fantastic playing for Brann over here, the "trouble" in the dressing room is when he refused to take the runners up medal or do a lap of honour when Brann came 2nd in the league after blowing a huge lead, made the statement "where i come from seconds not worth celebrating"

Last time I saw him it looked like he'd gone back for seconds too often.

attended a reserve game many years ago and got talking to 2 Jags fans who were Charlie's uncles.They had tried to get him to sign for the Jags, but the offer from Rangers was too great.Charlie was offered and got 30k when he played his first game for the Gers which was against Aberdeen at Pitodrie.He paid for his Gran to go to Australia to see relatives with some of the cash