V Aberdeen, Saturday 30Th September 2014

stillresigned

Aberdeen are better than us but we are far too easy to beaten. The result was never really in doubt.

Again it's apparent that Archie has no clue how to do anything but pick the same team and the same system. When it's working it's fine but when it's not he doesn't know how to change it.

The fact that he said that he knew that Hamilton were going to score last week is a shameful admission. Do something to stop them, you buffoon. It happened to us numerous times last season. You think he would know by now how to stop it.

This season is built around desperately hoping that St Mirren and Ross County don't start winning.

That'll be fun to watch.

What riles me most is watching the ridiculous defensive errors week after week.

What makes it more ridiculous is we have 2 seriously good ex professional players who had successful careers as defenders.

We should be solid in defence, yes we might not score many but we should not lose many.

The manager's thoughts

http://bbc.in/1wT3ck3

Players not listening to him apparently.

What does get me is the statement that we didn't move the ball enough.

Ryan Stevenson up there on his own I'm guessing to hold the ball up so it stands to right that could slow the game down for a start?

Also he's not likely to move very far himself. Think we've all sussed that out first few weeks.

Edited by Trotter

The manager's thoughts

http://bbc.in/1wT3ck3

Players not listening to him apparently.

What does get me is the statement that we didn't move the ball quick enough. Quick enough where? Ryan Stevenson up there on guessing to hold the ball up so it stands to right that could slow the game down for a start?

'Players not listening to him' is an aphorism for 'manager losing the dressing room.'

Please no - we do not need that.

Does anyone agree with that starting line up?

I am not in the change the manager camp, but even some of my mates who would never question Archie are starting to scratch their heads.

How can our top goal scorer be on the bench for a midfielder who is never a striker? How can we have no replacement left back for a player who advised he was leaving in January? Whatever you think of him, how can Lawless go from not making the bench to becoming a starter? (I know he was on the bench today). How can we afford to sign a player for a season and send him to Airdrie?

There is something very wrong. Our squad is no stronger, IMHO,than this time last year. That is not progress.

Does anyone agree with that starting line up?

I am not in the change the manager camp, but even some of my mates who would never question Archie are starting to scratch their heads.

How can our top goal scorer be on the bench for a midfielder who is never a striker? How can we have no replacement left back for a player who advised he was leaving in January? Whatever you think of him, how can Lawless go from not making the bench to becoming a starter? (I know he was on the bench today). How can we afford to sign a player for a season and send him to Airdrie?

There is something very wrong. Our squad is no stronger, IMHO,than this time last year. That is not progress.

Correct and what happened to the passing game ?

Don't know how Archie can complain we played too deep when our attacking threat was nil, know we're only 4 games into the season but unless something drastic happens in the next 2 days think we're going to be in for a long hard season . After the way we finished last season it was the perfect time to kick on , make crucial decisions to move the club forward ( giving Elliot , Lawless etc contracts ) had they really proved they were good enough for the SPFL ? . By my reckoning we've only got about 8/9 players out of a pool of maybe 18 players that you realistically could call SPFL quality players and 2 of them are goalkeepers . Why can't we get the right players in , Ross County and Inverness seem to attract players . Is it just the money ? . I'm pretty sure if we sign Ecclestone its only to supplement the one forward we currently have but was probably never a target .

• Like 1

Eccelston reeks of a panic buy.

I see that Ben Richards-Everton started for Airdrie today. A team bottom of League 1. What is this loan deal meant to do for him?

Even if he is fantastic in a very poor Airdrie team does that mean he good enough for the Premiership?

Archie doesn't know what he is doing.

Thistle outplayed by Aberdeen shocker.

What else did anybody expect? Wasn't at the game but it seems we were never in it. We cannot live with an established Premier club that gets 11,000 at home games. Quelle fuc*!ng surprise. Some people were obviously seduced by beating County 4-0. Turns out it is just par for the course. We don't have the best manager or the best players in the world. Or the best supporters.

After years and years or mediocrity I have witnessed fantastic football over the last couple of years. There will be ups and downs and if you're not ready for that then Firhill is not the place for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really disappointed about today's performance and result. It's a feeling I know well. I love Partick Thistle. Thick and thin. Yes, I would love to see us beat Bayern Munich to win the Champions League. The fact that it won't happen doesn't stop me buying my season ticket and turning up in hope rather than expectation week after week. And I get my season ticket early to give Archie the chance to get players in. If Archie doesn't sign world beaters then I don't hold him personally responsible. I will do the same next season.

It is fine to express opinion and to criticise but be careful what you wish for.

Rant over (pours large grappa, lights cigarette and takes a deep breath)

• Like 6

Eccelston reeks of a panic buy.

The strange thing is, in interviews with both Richards-Everton and Carroll, they both said that the move came "completely out of the blue" and took them by surprise. I know Ben was on trial for a short time, but it certainly does seem that there has been an element of urgency about their signing.

Aberdeen are better than us but we are far too easy to beaten. The result was never really in doubt.

Again it's apparent that Archie has no clue how to do anything but pick the same team and the same system. When it's working it's fine but when it's not he doesn't know how to change it.

The fact that he said that he knew that Hamilton were going to score last week is a shameful admission. Do something to stop them, you buffoon. It happened to us numerous times last season. You think he would know by now how to stop it.

This season is built around desperately hoping that St Mirren and Ross County don't start winning.

That'll be fun to watch.

And there is a better chance of them(and Motherwell)starting to win than us, how ?

Don't know how Archie can complain we played too deep when our attacking threat was nil, know we're only 4 games into the season but unless something drastic happens in the next 2 days think we're going to be in for a long hard season . After the way we finished last season it was the perfect time to kick on , make crucial decisions to move the club forward ( giving Elliot , Lawless etc contracts ) had they really proved they were good enough for the SPFL ? . By my reckoning we've only got about 8/9 players out of a pool of maybe 18 players that you realistically could call SPFL quality players and 2 of them are goalkeepers . Why can't we get the right players in , Ross County and Inverness seem to attract players . Is it just the money ? . I'm pretty sure if we sign Ecclestone its only to supplement the one forward we currently have but was probably never a target .

Where is the proof that Ross County have attracted the right players ? You do realise that they have lost all 5 games and have a goal difference of minus 11 ?

Where is the proof that Ross County have attracted the right players ? You do realise that they have lost all 5 games and have a goal difference of minus 11 ?

didn't say they were the right players for Ross County, but it was levelled at us that players didn't want to move from England to Scotland which I thought was strange since over the years ICT and Ross County have signed a lot of players from England . Edited by jlsarmy