Firhill Developments

Hankey

Apologies. I may be missing something and admit that I'm not as well up on the politics and economics surrounding this.But I don't really get how any development of the bing is going to diminish Firhill. Obviously there are concerns about where the money goes, but surely that's wrapped up in legal agreements that (rightly or wrongly) were made a long time ago.

Amazing.

Firhill will be turned into a joke of a football ground in the near future, and virtually no-one on here gives a f**k.

Why ?

As a football stadium, a development of any sort at the City End will surely be better than the bing. You can argue about the developers taking advantage and making a good earner, but I can't see why it would make it a "joke of a football ground"

This is yet another topic that would have been ideal for the proposed supporters federation meeting that was meant to happen in pre-season.

Maybe the club feel that the supporters don't need to be consulted on this development, but I would argue that we as supporters are major stakeholders in this project.

I would hope that the club will now come out and tell us a little more about these plans.

Unfortunately Ian we aren't major stakeholders in this at all but should probably be, there wasn't any Federation meeting in case there were any pertinent questions asked , eg " ownership " lease back etc , Who's to blame for the asset stripping ?

Why ?

As a football stadium, a development of any sort at the City End will surely be better than the bing. You can argue about the developers taking advantage and making a good earner, but I can't see why it would make it a "joke of a football ground"

Firhill is already down there with other 3-sides stadia in Scotland: Hamilton, Falkirk; all jokes.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Remind me, what was the plan for the City End - a 500 seater stand? How would that compare to the Jail End at County; that's pretty small but looks pretty neat and tidy.

The plans for the Main Stand, on the other hand, were shocking - but maybe this development would mean the Main Stand would be retained/refurbed or at least something sensible would always be there? Wouldn't have thought there would be two separate significant developments if there one overall development plan...

My concern is more what sort of monstrocity will the main stand end up in

Agreed. I'd quite happily accept a three sided stadium with a development on the end, as long as a proper stand it maintained along both sides. I don't think in modern football that a three sided stadium is a "joke". However the Falkirk stadium is.

Unfortunately Ian we aren't major stakeholders in this at all but should probably be, there wasn't any Federation meeting in case there were any pertinent questions asked , eg " ownership " lease back etc , Who's to blame for the asset stripping ?

Would advise you to look up the difference between stakeholders and shareholders.

We are all stakeholders as fans because it directly affects us.

Would advise you to look up the difference between stakeholders and shareholders.

We are all stakeholders as fans because it directly affects us.

Internal stakeholders are people that engage in economic transactions with the business ( Propco , Ptfc ) , As supporters we weren't privy to the Propco deal so I'm pretty sure that we won't be now regardless what the implications will be .

look up what a corporate stakeholder is MP

You didn't mention corporate stakeholders. We're all stakeholders and, as a result, Propco should be engaging with us so minimise any discontent (which could manifest into disruption) to their development plans.

In terms of disruption, we used to have a number of property experts on here - how do you go about lodging an objection to planning permission?

• Like 1

The difference is alimentary, Shareholders are part of a grand union of financial investors with voting rights. Stakeholders don't necessarily have voting rights. When decisions don't go their way they just have to Crinan bear it.