Jags V. Inverness Ct 13Th Sept.

thebiglemon

If dools starts then Stevenson should go into his preferred position, midfield behind the striker. If it's a 4-5-1 then the midfield will be out of balance with Higgy wide leavingstevo, osman, banzo and Fraser covering the middle 3 and 1 wide. Who plays wide right?

If we go 4-4-2 then dools and stevo up front, still leaves us with no natural wide right midfielder, choice between osman, banzo or Fraser.

So why no Lawless in the squad?

I would be annoyed if Eccleston came straight in and Doolan stayed on the bench.

Eccleston isn't match fit apparently. Certainly wasn't last Tuesday. I don't believe he featured for the U20s this week so all points to him being on the bench.

I reckon the important factor, now we have a 2nd striker, is that Doolan doesn't have to pace himself to last 90mins, That may not be the case on Saturday if Nathan isn't deemed sharp enough yet. Wouldn't be that surprised in fact to see Stevenson start up front yet again.

Doolan has to start, for me. Stevenson up front just isn't working (I said even after the RC win, it didn't look like working), time to go with our best recognised striker & see where it takes us. It does leave us a problem with team shape due to the 3 in midfield & 2 wingers system Archie prefers, that may perhaps be why Doolan hasn't started as he struggles to see a place in the team for Stevenson other than up front with the other players we currently have fit/in-form.

I'd go for;

Gallacher

O'Donnell

Balatoni

Seaborne

Carroll

Osman

Bannigan

Fraser

Lawless

Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs:

Fox, Muirhead, Keenan, Craigen, Stevenson, Elliott, Ecclestone.

If McMillan is back fit, he is likely to fill in at LB I'd say. Another option could be McMillan to RB & O'Donnell playing higher up on the right side, a position he plays well from RB, however, has never looked truly comfortable with when being moved there on the odd occasion.

Looks like Fraser is out for 12 weeks with a knee injury, which is a real blow, but does in a way solve the problem with Stevenson. He can now play in what we believe will be his best position, with Doolan up top & Wilson coming on to the bench.

Hope Gary is back soon though, one of our best players & certainly has the most potential to go far in the current squad.

Looks like Fraser is out for 12 weeks with a knee injury, which is a real blow, but does in a way solve the problem with Stevenson. He can now play in what we believe will be his best position, with Doolan up top & Wilson coming on to the bench.

Hope Gary is back soon though, one of our best players & certainly has the most potential to go far in the current squad.

Must be bad, that's twice as long as Welsh!

Gutted for Fraser & a big hole in the midfield. Not sure Stevenson has the energy to replace him in there & I'm assuming Sean Welsh still 6 weeks away? Craigen start on Saturday.

Stevenson wouldn't play in Fraser's position. More likely Bannigan who's been playing further forward than last season will move back to sit deep beside Osman and Stevenson will take a place in the "attacking midfield" part of the team, along with Higgs-boson and Lawless (or Elliot). At least I'd expect that line up along with Doolan up front. But perhaps the manager will surprise us.