Team For Hamilton

ThickAsThieves

I think we all need to turn our attentions to Saturday now. I watched the first half tonight but as soon as Bannigan got sent off, that was that. Personally I do think it was a red, and I'm disappointed that he made a challenge like that in the first place. Halfway line, doing nothing, and Bannigan went straight through the back of him. I'm pretty certain that he's not suspended for Saturday though? It'll be a League Cup ban for next season?

Gallacher

O'Donnell - Frans - Seaborne - McMillan

Osman - Bannigan

Elliott - Lawless - Higginbotham

Eccleston

Fox

Carroll

Balatoni

Fraser / Welsh / Wilson

Craigen

Stevenson

Doolan

Not blaming Fox for tonight (although I heard one of their goals came from his howler), but Gallacher is the better goalkeeper for me.

Harsh on Balatoni who is a fine defender at this level in my opinion, but I do want to see these two together.

Craigen doesn't do enough for me to warrant a start, and considering Higginbotham got half an hour under his belt, hopefully he can start.

You might think I'm also being harsh on Doolan, but I thought Eccleston looked alright in the first half, and tonight was his first start. I'd like to see him get a run of games, because if he turns out to be good then we know we'll have two good strikers to choose from. Right now there's a question mark surrounding Eccleston.

Think it's time to give Stevenson a start again. Higgy didn't look fit when he came on but we were already a few goals down so maybe hard to tell

Not sure about Stevo on a plastic pitch, to be honest not to sure about Stevo at all. However, he may be good on a heavy, slow moving, waterlogged grass pitch. Perhaps best to "rest" Stevo for another week.

Gallacher

O'Donnell

Frans

Seaborne

McMillan

Osman

Bannigan

Wilson

Lawless

Higginbotham

Doolan

Subs:

Fox

Balatoni

Carroll

Craigen

Stevenson

Elliott

Ecclestone

I'd be happy with a draw, although it is a game we should be hoping to win. The plastic pitch will be a big advantage for Accies, our last performance on one we got humped v Killie. Wilson probably has more experience than anyone playing on a plastic pitch, youth & reserve teams almost permanently play matches on them. Give him his chance, should also tighten up the team a little with 3 CMs playing.

That was nothing sort of disgraceful even with 10 men.

Even if he wasn't suspended he should be dropped for last night.

I agree but was it a more disgraceful performance than the games against Hamilton or St Mirren?

I don't think so.

We won't win every game or compete against an on form Celtic team but there is a real lack of professionalism in the squad.

There's no determination in the team to do whatever it takes to stop the opposition from scoring.

Unless they can look fancy the players aren't interested.

....but there is a real lack of professionalism in the squad.

There's no determination in the team to do whatever it takes to stop the opposition from scoring.

Having had a whole night shift to calm down I'm not sure it's a lack of professionalism but rather a lack of belief.

Dominating last couple league games but getting nothing then this hammering.

Hopefully with this return of Higgy, Fraser & Welsh things will take a turn for better.

I'd start with the 3 of them, realise a week or 2 too soon prob for Welsh, as well as Frans & Stevenson on Saturday.

From last night, I'd take, Balatoni, Bannigan, Craigen, Elliot & Lawless out the team.

Fox

Osman - Bannigan

Lawless - Fraser - Higginbotham

Doolan

Every team takes a beating a some time at Parkhead so people just need to deal with it.

Can anybody confirm if Bannigan is available? If not then Fraser will go into his position and Craigan will stay in the side.

Edited by Alan Murray

If Bannigan is suspended (pretty sure he will be) it causes us a bit of a problem in the holding midfield role for Saturday. Sean Welsh seems to be ahead of Gary Fraser in the way of a comeback at the moment, having played 90 minutes earlier in the week, but is it a bit risky putting him straight back in after such a long lay off? Fraser has stated he is still a few games away from being fit. Monday night's game, where he got 60 minutes, was the first he'd played in six weeks.

If neither of them are deemed fit to start, I think Archie will drop Craigen back (not saying that's what he should do, only what I think he will do) and bring Higgy in, playing Elliot on the right and Lawless in behind Doolan.

I also think he'll start Frans and Seaborne together at the back for the first time, as most of us are hoping to see.

I would like to see Gallacher getting another run of games in goal but Archie seems reluctant to drop Fox. I know it has been discussed a few times on different threads but I just don't get it.

Edited by Jag

Fox

Osman - Bannigan

Lawless - Fraser - Higginbotham

Doolan

Every team takes a beating a some time at Parkhead so people just need to deal with it.

Can anybody confirm if Bannigan is available? If not then Fraser will go into his position and Craigan will stay in the side.

Not really this season check Celtics results....

Stevenson's return would be a gamble. On the one hand, playing the league leaders after a result like last night's presents him with the perfect opportunity to start making a telling contribution to our season. On the other hand, play poorly in front of a group of fans who're smarting after a bad result and he can probably kiss any patience people have with him goodbye.

Is the insertion of serious foul play a recent one?

Also, I wasn't there, but did Bannigan's red card correspond to serious foul play or another offence?

It's been a couple of years now I think, they do keep tinkering with the suspension rules most seasons which makes it difficult to keep up. Balatoni and Bannigan getting sent off v Dundee Utd in the league last season is an example of this rule change. Balatoni was sent off for 2 yellows and played in the next game, the cup game v Aberdeen, yet Bannigan was sent off for a straight red for what was deemed serious foul play and missed the Aberdeen game (and possibly 1 after it due to his disciplinary record, I'm not sure).

The red last night will have been for serious foul play going by the laws of the game.

Let's never play Craigen in the defensive midfield position again. It just doesn't work for him or us.

Trying to work out if we have a lot of midfielders to choose from, or if we're struggling to fill positions on Saturday.

I agree we shouldn't be doing that but if Banzo is suspended and Welsh & Fraser not ready to start yet I think it is likely Archie will do this. Someone else mentioned bringing Carroll in and putting McMillan in with Osman which I don't think is a bad shout but can't see him doing it.

Hopefully our captain is ready to return. I would just worry that it is too soon for him.

If Eccleston can play as a winger, I'd like to see him tried instead of Craigen or Elliot, who both work hard but are just short of the standard we should be trying to reach.

Hopefully Higginbotham will be ready for a start. Agree with other posters in that it'd be good to see Frans partner Seabourne at least once. If Bannigan is out then we can only hope that Fraser or Welsh are ready to step in. Would love to think Stevenson can turn it around and be a big player for us. Maybe it's time he was given another shot - we need goals, hopefully he has some left in him.

Fox made a mistake when the game was lost last night and didn't play brilliantly (who did?) but his form this season has been good and it would feel like he was being scapegoated for a heavy defeat if he lost his place. I think he's a better keeper than Gallacher anyway, who's not the world-beater some posters seem to remember him as. Fox has had a good season, he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Fox made a mistake when the game was lost last night and didn't play brilliantly (who did?) but his form this season has been good and it would feel like he was being scapegoated for a heavy defeat if he lost his place. I think he's a better keeper than Gallacher anyway, who's not the world-beater some posters seem to remember him as. Fox has had a good season, he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Fox's confidence looked shot to peices and the defence didn't look like they had any confidence in him. I prefer Gallacher, he definitely inspires more confidence from the defence and in many ways it is irrelevant if he is a better keeper.

If Eccleston can play as a winger, I'd like to see him tried instead of Craigen or Elliot, who both work hard but are just short of the standard we should be trying to reach.

Hopefully Higginbotham will be ready for a start. Agree with other posters in that it'd be good to see Frans partner Seabourne at least once. If Bannigan is out then we can only hope that Fraser or Welsh are ready to step in. Would love to think Stevenson can turn it around and be a big player for us. Maybe it's time he was given another shot - we need goals, hopefully he has some left in him.

Right you are Foxy :D