Aero Offski!

Lindau

Would be good to see Aero get a regular run of games out on loan. If he can rediscover his form, he could be a handy player to retain.

BRE coming back in January, but the question then will be around the future of Frans. If he goes, we could look a little light in that area.

Also loving the form in this thread. Especially since I usually struggle to remember what I did yesterday.

As the big man’s biggest supporter (sponsoring his jersey twice) I wish him all the best, I still feel he will do well. What knackered his career was the loss of Jackie Mac, just like Bannigan who hasn’t kicked a ball since McNamara left. Archie the man who brought us the likes of Mair, Kerr, and Mukendi and for some reason was under the impression that Piccolo was a footballer, oh yes Jamesie Craigen. Best wishes Aaron thanks for the memories and making Conrad look good.

• Like 2

As the big man’s biggest supporter (sponsoring his jersey twice) I wish him all the best, I still feel he will do well. What knackered his career was the loss of Jackie Mac, just like Bannigan who hasn’t kicked a ball since McNamara left. Archie the man who brought us the likes of Mair, Kerr, and Mukendi and for some reason was under the impression that Piccolo was a footballer, oh yes Jamesie Craigen. Best wishes Aaron thanks for the memories and making Conrad look good.

Possibly one of the biased post ever made on the forum. If you're going to mention the failures that Archie had, how about some of McNamara's? McGuigan, Smith, Lindsay, Dargo, Naismith, Cole, Slane & there are probably others.

Jackie had his fair share of successes too, just as Archie has... Higgy, McMillan, Osman, Gallacher, Fraser, Taylor (I'd add in Seaborne & Frans too, despite being relatively new signings) to name some off the top of my head. Both have signed duds, both have signed crucial 1st team players, if Jackie or Archie never signed a dud then they would both be managing at a higher level than they currently are.

• Like 1

McNamara signed Craigan

and that kids is what happens when you take drugs...just say NO

• Like 5

and that kids is what happens when you take drugs...just say NO

I thought it was a wind up tbh, but there's also two posters that "liked" that post!

I was actually under the impression that Mair more than helped us stay out of the play offs and also that Stuart Bannigan has been progressing quite nicely as a player since Jan 2013.

Oh it just gets better and better on this thread!

I can just see him sitting at his laptop - big long post typed out.

"hawd on, I know what would really reinforce the points ah've made here. Where's that font again"

I'm just wondering whether Muirhead out on loan (or permanently offloaded) seems any more or less likely after last night's game. It appears that he and Balatoni both had decent games.

Same thought as elsewhere, Jaggernaut. Everything will revolve around Frans. None of us know if he's staying or not. If he is we'd be both over centrebacked and in need of freeing up cash.

Never thought I'd see the word over centrebacked used with Thistle! Good feeling.

Oh come on.....that's obviously 2 words. Unless you're suggesting it should be hyphenated? Are you suggesting such a thing? Bold move.

Glad to see Aero have a decent game last night. Must have done his confidence the world of good. That might be a good mindset to be going out on loan - for him to think he just needs more first team games to prove he can be consistent at this level.

Agree with most of the comments posted I.e. that Muirhead is a talented player who for whatever reason has failed to develop as expected. I would have no objections to him going out on loan to a lower division club, in order to get his career back on track. The only caveat I'd add to this is that I'd be relatively chooses about his loan club, for example you wouldn't want him going somewhere like Ibrox, wher the coaching on offer would more than likely send his career backward.

Incidentally, his performance.last night confirmed what most of us think.

Same thought as elsewhere, Jaggernaut. Everything will revolve around Frans. None of us know if he's staying or not. If he is we'd be both over centrebacked and in need of freeing up cash.

Another game at Parkhead where Franz may have wanted to showcase himself but failed to make an appearance (I know he was injured). But wasn't there talk (probably on this well-informed forum) of him moving to Celtic if Arsenal stepped in for Virgil van Dijk in the January window (from what I witnessed last night, he's a capable player). Does this maybe explain why he likes Glasgow so much! But seriously, hope the big guy chooses Thistle over easy riches. however, hate to say it, but our loss could be any team who can pay better wages gain.

But getting back on topic, Muirhead was pretty solid last night, didn't look off the pace and appeared to be more than capable of playing at this level; so no suggestion of the 'SPFL career over' doom that has featured in past threads and posts. Whatever happens, he's young, still developing and deserves our support.

• Like 3

well done big Aaron, a true master of realities performance when drapped in at the deep end. when others kech themselves and call off with skelves and scratches you'll be there. a true Ironman amongst the fairies with fancy boots. we all ken your going through changes but you're the geezer for this gig. Big mad mental Aaron Muirhead ok