Up For The Cup? Thistle Vs Academical. Saturday 29 November.

jagfox

Open all mics on Radio Scotland was hilarious today. Don't think the woman who was covering our game identified a Thistle player correctly the whole 90 minutes. She thought Higgy scored the first, then missed the sitter and Bannigan was fouled when Imrie went off. Every time she was on the PTFC commentary identified a different player from her.

Open all mics on Radio Scotland was hilarious today. Don't think the woman who was covering our game identified a Thistle player correctly the whole 90 minutes. She thought Higgy scored the first, then missed the sitter and Bannigan was fouled when Imrie went off. Every time she was on the PTFC commentary identified a different player from her.

She also said it had nil-nil written all over it just as Jags went 1 up

The report on the bbc website was probably done by her as it's a total joke.

Partick Thistle negotiated their way through to the Scottish Cup last 16 for the first time in four years thanks to a double from Ryan Stevenson.

The former Hearts midfielder blasted a volley past Hamilton goalkeeper Michael McGovern midway through the first half.

Kallum Higginbotham knocked over a close-range chance to make it 2-0.

After the break, Stevenson doubled the Jags' advantage, side-footing from 12 yards, and Accies' Dougie Imrie was sent off in the dying minutes.

Stevenson's first goal since joining the club in the summer came from a 19th-minute corner to the back post.

Gary Fraser's delivery was missed by everyone except Stevenson, who had time to tee the ball up before firing a volley high into the roof of the net, a stunning strike to brighten up a damp afternoon in Glasgow's Maryhill.

The home side should have doubled their advantage within two minutes. Higginbotham found himself with an open goal just three yards from goal but fired the ball high over the crossbar when it looked much simpler to score.

The goal seemed to knock Hamilton off their stride, with much of the passing football they have become associated with absent from their play.

There was little noticeable improvement from them at the start of the second period and the home side doubled their lead in style eight minutes into the second period.

Higginbotham picked the ball up on the left and skipped past Ziggy Gordon's sliding challenge before slipping a clever ball up the wing to the advancing full-back Jake Carroll.

The on-loan Huddersfield cut it back to Stevenson, who had held his run near the penalty spot, and he produced a clinical side-foot finish past McGovern.

Hamilton rarely troubled Paul Gallacher in the Thistle goal, with his defence blocking the threats that came his way.

Accies had a couple of chances late on in the game. Jesus Garcia-Tena clipped the top of the crossbar from a free-kick and Gallacher did well to block a Darian MacKinnon shot with his legs.

Accies' frustration was further exacerbated with just two minutes left when Imrie was shown a straight red card by referee Kevin Clancy after a lunge on Carroll.

But this was Thistle's day as they progressed to Monday afternoon's fifth-round draw.

Edited by jags on tour

Sounded like it was the 1st time she'd been near a football ground

To be fair she wasn't any worse than Chic Young. Or Murdo MacLeod. Or most of the other commentators at the BBC radio retirement home.

Edited by Richard Nixon

^ Doesn't seem daft to me. It's just a simple fact.

A decent journalist might have typed "Stevenson's first competitive goal since joining the club in the summer."

Listen, I'm about 0.5% bothered really. Just wanted to give a bit of support to Ryan.

Well done on getting your third goal son :thumbsup2:

Mon the Jags! :fan:

• Like 1

One thing puzzled me today - Can someone who applauded Gerry Collins explain why they did so?

was he on at half time or something?

Maybe he deserves applause for his successful time as assistant manager, as well as his short time as a player. OK, he was a disaster as manager, but he was given the job by the directors. A certain Head of Youth coaching at the club was also a disaster as a manager (over a longer period as well as in a lower division) so would you not applaud him?

• Like 1

Great performance and result today. Carroll and Stevenson had their best game of the season today. Frans sheer quality and we need him beyond January. Osman a stand out also.

One thing puzzled me today - Can someone who applauded Gerry Collins explain why they did so?

I didn't applaud but to be fair I generally don't bother too much about the half time "former celebrity" unless they are a personnel favourite or genuine Jags favourite. Having said that he was a former player / manager and deserves respect, regardless how it ended it wasn't his fault he was given the job he tried his best.

I didn't applaud but to be fair I generally don't bother too much about the half time "former celebrity" unless they are a personnel favourite or genuine Jags favourite. Having said that he was a former player / manager and deserves respect, regardless how it ended it wasn't his fault he was given the job he tried his best.

It would be pointless booing the guy- he didn't do well but in some respects was shafted by the sale of key players

Hope it's not as dead at the ground as it is on here

atmosphere considering the smaller crowd, was good from the start, obviously got better with each goal, and once two up, party time non stop singing from the northy

spartans ahead of the Ton with minutes to go

tbh, any other time, that result would have delighted me..... but today, no, delight me it did not.

romance of the cup and all that, but today i'd liked to have seen morton win for arthur montford.

at the match there was an "impeccably observed minutes silence for arthur montford, followed by the playing of the scotsport theme tune before kickoff". classy touch from spartans.

Spartans or Arbroath for us in the next round please

With the other ties hopefully as follows

Hibs V Hearts

Dundee v Dundee Utd

Falkirk v QOS

St Johnstone V St Mirren or Caley

all the above in a heartbeat, spartans away preferably (but we don't do a morton).

Well done to the lad Stevenson for his 2 goals and who has struggled to win over the fans since signing.

Hopefully he and Thistle kick on from this very good result today.

well said jaggyko. was today the masterstroke of archies, his vision of what he has envisaged stevenson able to do, but failed until now to produce in competitive games?

i for one won't complain if this is the start of something beautiful. don't let us down now "stevo".

Woooo

Spartans away next round please Owen.

Probably end up with f**king Dundee.

or the other mob of that city managed by whatshisname.

Doolhan has changed to Dillon according to that Bastion of the truth the BBC

:clapping: :clapping:

the beeb are a bunch of dildos.

Great performance and result today. Carroll and Stevenson had their best game of the season today. Frans sheer quality and we need him beyond January. Osman a stand out also.

re frans, good positive article on ptfc.co.uk and a belgian article posted on p&b. he wants to stay, loves glasgow and the jags, 18 month contract being discussed, i'd change that to 30 months and get him signed up before tuesday.