The Midweek Game

The Sunnylaw Jag

Is it a sign of a lack of belief in the team, that the Killie game has a thread but the game at Parkhead is barely worth a mention. Celtic may have done us over in the last two games. I think we start with the same team as Saturday and maybe not go all out but we should play our game against a very ordinary Celtic side.

In saying that I'm not going, the thought of shelling out £26 on dreich night among the great unwashed is not all that appealing . . . and we might get humped.

Edited by The Sunnylaw Jag

Go to about every game and I'm giving this one a miss. I'm not "boycotting" it as such altho' it's likely the two league games at San Giro will be the only games I'll not attend. Boycotting is allied to making a protest and in this instance Celtic have made it clear that they don't want or need us. If the price was substantially reduced and I was assured of getting a satisfactory view I still most likely wouldn't go.

I'd like to see us compete in this game, but I don't see many of us who really believe we will.

Is McMillan back from illness? We've got a good defensive record recently, so I just hope that doesn't take a pummeling tomorrow night. Be good for Higgy and Fraser to get some more game time too.

A 3-0 defeat, no injuries or suspensions & I think most of us would take that. I hope we can pull off a surprise but it's not expected, the game against Killie is far more important. A win in that match puts us 2pts behind them, inflicts their 6 straight defeat & gives us a chance to push on over the winter months. Also, given the other fixtures this weekend, a win should see us extend our lead over those below us.

In an ideal scenario you'd play a weakened team tomorrow but I don't think we can afford to do that incase we get pumped.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

Get the game out the way with no injuries and a closer scoreline that our last 2 games would be a positive result.

Although Frans might be out so there's a good chance we will get pumped.

I'm not saying Balatoni is very poor at this level but our defensive record when he's in the team compared with Frans speaks for itself.

Me I'm not boycotting anything; that's too political for me, I'm just tight with money. Fritz did start a Jags fan no going to Parkhead Facebook page but as far as I know the only thing he sponsor's is brewery or two.

Great response bro :clapping: . I'm not expecting much but who knows... I also agree with sentiments relating to Celtic taking the p*** with the pricing arrangement. But, TBH, one of the reasons I'm going is that my son can't make many weekend games; so this lets us both get to a game together.

Will also be interesting to see how many of the greatest fans in the World who don't own season tickets make the effort. I think tomorrow is going to be a cold one.

I've been to both our matches at Parkhead this year and I was there again for the recent Scotland England game. It's a superb stadium facilities wise and it lends itself to a good atmosphere but it's amazing how much better it is when you have a seat with a decent view.

£26 for a crummy view on a freezing cold night 3 weeks before Xmas, no ta. Actual cost + travel for me and the wean to go would equate to around £70. Out early and a late home for both of us too.

It should be £15 admission and the Thistle fans should be allowed to sit behind the away goals. You'd be guaranteed to get more Jags fans there and it would create a better atmosphere for everyone.

Spoke to a Celtic minded friend earlier and they said it is a Police decision related to security reasons that away fans are allocated seats in the dungeon section of the ground.

I don't get why Celtic would charge so high a price though, even for their own fans never mind us. Scottish football does my nut in sometimes, fans get thought of last as usual.

I'm guessing this will probably be on that Celtic TV channel? Is it live streams of the channel people get or can you watch it through the official means?

To be honest not expecting much, so long as we put in a good show I will be happy. Also our win lose win lose win lose pattern needs maintained if we are to beat Killie on Saturday - which is more important (though I'd definitely take a win over Celtic before).

5. Aberdeen ........ F 20 A 17 GD 3 points 25

6. Dundee ........... F 19 A 17 GD 2 points 20

9. Partick Thistle.. F 17 A 17 GD 0 points 15

On a side note, this makes interesting reading. Was thinking our goal difference gives as a point over our rivals (teams at bottom anyway) all on -15 etc. Looked up the table and three teams had conceded 17 goals, and scored roughly the same but getting way more points. Two more goals have gotten Dundee 5 points, and an extra three goals got Aberdeen 10 more points.

Just shows how close we are as a team to really making a top six push. Hopefully some goals from our designated striker will be enough to tip the balance in our favour.

Celtic fans disgrace their club again.

"The match was a disappointing football spectacle for both sets of supporters," said Budge. "It does not justify bad behaviour - on or off the field.

"I was appalled at the vandalism carried out by our visiting supporters on Sunday.

"Having recently spent significant sums to replace broken seats in the Roseburn Stand, for the benefit, primarily, of our away supporters, I was hugely disappointed to witness the destruction of close to 100 seats.

"Similarly, the graffiti on walls, tiles, doors - basically all types of surfaces - was quite disgraceful and this is not to mention the damage to toilets.

"I have received a number of emails/letters from parents stating that their children were terrified/had to be removed part way through the game/were traumatised - and as such would be unlikely ever to want to return to a game. This is appalling."

Edited by kni