Defend The Indefensible

Bleeding Gums Murphy

With the best will in the world, we're gonnae get humped on Wednesday. So let's get humped with an attacking, experimental line-up instead of a pack-the-defense-and pray-they-don't-score line-up ...

I have always advocated trying to attack teams like Celtic and the old deceased Rangers, but after seeing that shambolic display from the central defence yesterday plus the likely scenario that they might throw GMS and Armstrong into the mix and they will be trying to impress on their debuts, makes me think that it might be better trying to keep it as tight as possible. Certainly don't want to go to Dens on the back of a 5 or 6 goal tanking!

I wasn't asking whether you had hope after we lost 2 goals, but had hope after the way we played in the 2nd half. Surely the fact that he changed the set up in the 2nd half acknowledges that the selection was wrong ?

It seems that there are some who want rid of him no matter what, without having any alternative plan.

If I was a manager of another club and listened to the hostility towards Archie, I would be reluctant to come here.

Never anywhere have I said I want him gone. In fact it's pretty obvious considering the arguments I have on this forum that I am very pro-Archie.

However, I think we're all justified in having cause for concern after the last three matches.

I wasn't at the match yesterday. I was glad to hear of the changes at half-time. But listening to Open All Mics, never did my hopes rise above faint that we would actually draw or even win the match. As I previously mentioned it's been a long time since I've felt any confidence that we can come back after losing the first goal.

I want us to continue that second half positivity into the Celtic game, even if we end up getting thrashed. I want to rock up to Dens Park next Saturday and not have to go "WTF?" when I see the team sheet. I'm not demanding we beat Dundee but I don't want a repeat of the horror show defense antics that are obvious even on the highlights of yesterday's game.

I don't think that's too much to ask for. I live in hope we'll be talking about many positives this time next week.

I wasn't asking whether you had hope after we lost 2 goals, but had hope after the way we played in the 2nd half. Surely the fact that he changed the set up in the 2nd half acknowledges that the selection was wrong ?

We all knew the selection was wrong when the team was announced. It shouldn't have taken 45 minutes for the management team to see the bloody obvious.

That's the infuriating thing, and something he seems unable or unwilling to admit.

With the best will in the world, we're gonnae get humped on Wednesday. So let's get humped with an attacking, experimental line-up instead of a pack-the-defense-and pray-they-don't-score line-up ...

Really? ... I'm kinda hoping the gaffer tells the lads something along the lines of "this mob are the most expensive team in the land and we've had a doin off them because we lost our focus, and blew the game plan. They are top of the league and likely to retain their chapionship. However, you guys managed to restrict them to one goal at their home patch in december. Let's put last weekend's cup behind us, screw the nut, get in amongst these guys don't allow them space to play and make our own space when we have the ball. Go out show that we are a good team, can play a bit and will not allow them to have everything their own way. Praying's all well and good, but hard work and 90 minutes of concentration and we can beat them." ... or summat... :thinking:

My point is, if it were celitic in the cup then fairy nuff go for it but every point ( and goal in the league) is valuable till we're safe. Gun-ho against a team who pumped 6 past you but last time out you held to a 1-0? .... nah.... we can get something out the game and I don't much care how we go about it.

Come on boyz GEEZ A SHIFT!!!

:fan:

e.t.a.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 1

The last two games have been extremely frustrating for all rational Jags fans. Why, because we are better than that, is it the players fault or Archies well depending on your view point you can make up your own mind.

All I will add is between Archie and the board we have got ourselves to the point the a***holes like "The Cup" et al have got way ahead of themselves that they can call for someone's job and take the club up to a level they have never enjoyed, but hey what would I know I don't have any ambition in life.

• Like 1

The last two games have been extremely frustrating for all rational Jags fans. Why, because we are better than that, is it the players fault or Archies well depending on your view point you can make up your own mind.

All I will add is between Archie and the board we have got ourselves to the point the a***holes like "The Cup" et al have got way ahead of themselves that they can call for someone's job and take the club up to a level they have never enjoyed, but hey what would I know I don't have any ambition in life.

Maybe chuck some grammar in there fella so we know what you're talking about.

While I'm not condemning Archie just yet , there looks as if there is a problem somewhere , team selection , formation or even team spirit , we are currently showing relegation form 6 points from the last 21 and probably after Wednedsay night 6 points from 24 .

We've got good players who are just not doing it just now for whatever reason , we should all try and pull together but at this moment you can't condemm anyone who has lost patience.

It's going to have to be a score of Bon Accord levels on Wednesday for us to sink as low as the bottom three in that regard!

what a stupid reply, it's over the course of a season, not one game. 2 ridiculous posts on the same topic by the same person. Dick by name, Dick by nature

Of course the score is important but our results following on from the 0-6 earlier in the season would indicate morale wasn't affected or more likely was quickly repaired. There's the usual handful on here who wouldn't want to credit Archie with any man management skills whatsoever. Put that aside, regardless of the score on Wednesday, if as happened back then we could get a scoring draw next Saturday and a win the following week I'd be happy enough.

We're close to getting an almost full squad fit and available. I feel it's important to avoid daft bookings and sending offs. Doubt we'll go with gung ho tactics but at the same time it's folly to sit too deep and completely isolate Doolan or Taylor.

The problem is that we have had two successive underwhelming performances. If we get a real bad beating on Wed, then we run the risk of crowds dwindling away over the next few weeks, and that's bad for the sustainability of the club.

A bad run of form, long ball football, and a complacent belief that 'we are safe' could all impact on crowds and so revenues.

St Johnstone away turned us off, Hamilton game bought us back only for St Mirren game to take us right back to square one, deadline signing of Taylor lifted or spirits again then Saturday crushed them again.

The problem is that we have had two successive underwhelming performances. If we get a real bad beating on Wed, then we run the risk of crowds dwindling away over the next few weeks, and that's bad for the sustainability of the club.

A bad run of form, long ball football, and a complacent belief that 'we are safe' could all impact on crowds and so revenues.

St Johnstone away turned us off, Hamilton game bought us back only for St Mirren game to take us right back to square one, deadline signing of Taylor lifted or spirits again then Saturday crushed them again.

It's 3 bad performances and Wednesday could well be 4

what a stupid reply, it's over the course of a season, not one game. 2 ridiculous posts on the same topic by the same person. Dick by name, Dick by nature

I hope you can see me sticking my middle finger up at you through my computer screen, because I'm doing it just for you.

Go eat a bag of *****.

Edited by Richard Nixon