Defend The Indefensible

Bleeding Gums Murphy

Taken plenty of abuse on here in the past do c'mon, tell me he got his team selection & tactics correct.

Especially after the St Mirren game.

Might not always see eye to eye with Dick but spot on on the other thread saying the manager set us up for hoofball.

So fanboys, where's your pop at me this week?

I'm disgusted, raging not to mention out of pocket.

Play off battle beckons on first half form. & before you say he deserves credit for recognising mistakes etc, It was him that cost us today as much as the 11 on the pitch.

Can't defend it - we couldn't defend anything today.

Thought the writing was on the wall when the team news came out and when I saw we were playing the same turgid football that we tried against St. Mirren, you could tell we were going to lose. Gallacher saved us from being four down at the break.

Time to give McDaid and Wilson a solid run out, can't be any worse than Higginbotham and Bannigan are at the minute.

PS. You've taken plenty of abuse because you seem to thrive on us losing. So you can give it the big "told you so" like you're doing here. At least that's my impression.

Edited by ThickAsThieves
  • Like 1

Whatever side of the "I love Archie" debate you sit on (which seems to dominate this forum) one thing is for sure, starting a game at home without a striker on the park is criminal. The obvious thing to do today was to start Taylor up front. My gran would have done that. surprise surprise when he comes on he scores. We only have him til the end of the season, he should play every minute if fit

• Like 2

PS. You've taken plenty of abuse because you seem to thrive on us losing. So you can give it the big "told you so" like you're doing here. At least that's my impression.

T.A.T.

Nothing further from the truth believe me.

Unfortunately, for me, today systematic of what we've watched for most of the season.

There are folk on here who are very quick to shout me down as I've thought & said the current management team out their deoth before now.

I don't pay good money travelling home & away to will my team to lose. I'm not that much of a sadist.

Sure I blame him big time, but I would like to hold back a small portion of the blame for our players. Some of them weren't trying in that first half.

Any player who is definitely not going to be here next season can stay out of the team for the remainder of this. From the sounds of things recently that sounds like Higginbotham. I don't care how good he's been in the past. If we're to get relegated I'd rather do so with players who actually want to play for us.

If you were on a runaway bus would you’d be entitled to look up front to check on the condition of the driver, to the same token I think we are entitled to check on Archie, the lights on but there’s no one home. With Archie I am settled now that he will never go two up front, he will never take the initiative, happier to play on the counter. The St Mirren game was without doubt the worst game we’ve participated in years, we never played just took part.

I think it’s time we checked on our driver. We finished the game with Bannigan & Craigen on the field against a team who wanted to go further in the cup, nine men against eleven, the result was a forgone conclusion, Two - One was actually a good score, it only shows how bad Inverness are. Stevenson plays off the striker he is not a box player, to start a home game in the cup with one up front...

This is clearly not good enough

T.A.T.

Nothing further from the truth believe me.

Unfortunately, for me, today systematic of what we've watched for most of the season.

There are folk on here who are very quick to shout me down as I've thought & said the current management team out their deoth before now.

I don't pay good money travelling home & away to will my team to lose. I'm not that much of a sadist. ��

You mean masochist? Or are you conceding that your prophecies of disaster are hurting us all?

POP! @ cha! ... Enjoy! :tongue2:

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I drove 80 miles for a cup tie to be confronted by a home team with no striker.

O'Donnell clearly wants to be somewhere else and can't be arsed. Higginbotham has just lost it. and should not play again. Stevenson is not a striker as I thought Archibald had jaloused by now. I thought wrong.

The entire midfield was posted missing for the first half. A bewildering team selection, and an abject performance in the first half with most passes missing their target, and no one taking responsibility. Making the changes at half time was too little, too late, by Archibald.

I have been supportive of Archibald - he has done well in the transfer windows and has maintained our SPL place - but he needs help and advice. If we get dragged into a relegation battle, we will suffer at the hands of more experienced managers, and I don't think the players have much fight about them. I hope I am wrong.

If we get dragged into a relegation battle, we will suffer at the hands of more experienced managers

Aye, like Gary Teale last week, lol.

But yes, O'Donnell's definitely off, so put him on gardening leave. Archie needs to sit Higginbotham down and get a straight answer as to where he'll be playing next year.

In fact, the whole squad should have been asked that question at the end of the game today. Anyone who thinks they can do better can f**k off on a long holiday Monday morning.

And for the love of god, sort out the McMillan situation. A joke's a joke is a joke.

Aye, like Gary Teale last week, lol.

But yes, O'Donnell's definitely off, so put him on gardening leave. Archie needs to sit Higginbotham down and get a straight answer as to where he'll be playing next year.

In fact, the whole squad should have been asked that question at the end of the game today. Anyone who thinks they can do better can f**k off on a long holiday Monday morning.

And for the love of god, sort out the McMillan situation. A joke's a joke is a joke.

i doubt either osman or higgy will be hear next season . Difference is Abdul gives 110% per cent higgy right now is giving 10% he should be given the riot act at present

I drove 80 miles for a cup tie to be confronted by a home team with no striker.

O'Donnell clearly wants to be somewhere else and can't be arsed. Higginbotham has just lost it. and should not play again. Stevenson is not a striker as I thought Archibald had jaloused by now. I thought wrong.

The entire midfield was posted missing for the first half. A bewildering team selection, and an abject performance in the first half with most passes missing their target, and no one taking responsibility. Making the changes at half time was too little, too late, by Archibald.

I have been supportive of Archibald - he has done well in the transfer windows and has maintained our SPL place - but he needs help and advice. If we get dragged into a relegation battle, we will suffer at the hands of more experienced managers, and I don't think the players have much fight about them. I hope I am wrong.

Archie is the 2nd longest serving manager in the top flight and the 8th overall in Scotland. Inexperience is no long an excuse.

Can't defend Archibald at all, ridiculous team selection, trying to pack the midfield and stifle the game, did he forget it was a home Cup Tie ?Unbelievable Doolan and/or Taylor were on the bench and we start with a false number 9 , a position Stevenson openly admits he doesn't enjoy playing . We should have been 5 nil down at halftime , could see after 15 mins the system wasn't working , should have changed it then by switching things round regardless if he had to take of Higgy bringing on Doolan or Taylor .

Higgy shouldn't be playing his confidence looks totally shot and he's getting a game due to the 3 months he played well last year .

Totally believe Archie lost that game due to his team selection , tactics and his inability to change things quick enough.

Indefensible

That might be true but is irrelevant, since you ignore the length of time other managers have worked at all their previous employers.

Maybe if he had managed for 15-20 games that would be acceptable but he's been in charge for 85 games now. It's starting to wear thin.

Teale has been a manager for 9 games. What was the excuse for the St Mirren game again?

Archibald will never be a good enough manager for the top flight. There's nothing to suggest that he knows what he is doing to improve the performances or results. If anything we are getting worse.

Okay, I'll be the first. The last two performances has been significantly worse than anything else seen this season. We've been doing fine, we've got ourselves in a decent league position and we've played enough good football to deserve more than we've got. It's been frustrating but it hasn't generally been poor. The last two games have been pretty awful. I won't defend these performances.

But people who call themselves Thistle fans coming on here and gloating, with "told you so", apparently delighted that we've finally been found out and the "penny's dropping" with others... I'd defend our manager and our players against that every time. Confidence has dropped but I'll be backing the manager and every player until the end of the season, confident that they can pull together, hopefully with the fans behind them, and finish this off as a successful season.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 6