St Johnstone

eljaggo

I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has started a thread for Saturday's game before now. Perhaps some are too anxious about the remaining games to speculate on team selection or outcome, or are already hiding behind the sofa.

I suspect AA will take a cautious approach to avoid going behind to an early goal but haven't a clue who he'll pick apart from 5 or 6 of the usual suspects.

How Ross County will do at Hamilton is anyone's guess, and that might also persuade AA to select a more defensive side on Saturday.

Thistle need another win to kick start the season. Dundee United should have done that, but I think the fact that everyone else won that day dulled it a bit.

I don't actually think we've generally been all that bad for the last five games (Ross Co at Firhill the one really bad performance in there), but we really need some points.

I'm a bit surprised that no-one else has started a thread for Saturday's game before now. Perhaps some are too anxious about the remaining games to speculate on team selection or outcome, or are already hiding behind the sofa.

It's a valid point. The forum this week has been the quietest I can ever remember.

The lack of the normal histrionics and counter accusations from the usual suspects following the game on Saturday and since then suggests that maybe there's a collective realisation of an inevitability about this season's outcome.

And that is not a good sign.

It's a valid point. The forum this week has been the quietest I can ever remember.

The lack of the normal histrionics and counter accusations from the usual suspects following the game on Saturday and since then suggests that maybe there's a collective realisation of an inevitability about this season's outcome.

And that is not a good sign.

Nnnnngggggg...ggrrrrrrrrr

Thistle need another win to kick start the season. Dundee United should have done that, but I think the fact that everyone else won that day dulled it a bit.

I don't actually think we've generally been all that bad for the last five games (Ross Co at Firhill the one really bad performance in there), but we really need some points.

Not entirely sure if these count - but thought we were pretty poor in the St Mirren home, Inverness Home and Celtic home games to be fair

We started poorly against Celtic but overall I thought we were okay (not great) that night. Dundee was an okay performance. RC at Firhill was very poor. United was good and RC away was disappointing but apparently not a particularly poor performance. Don't get me wrong, it's a bad run, but we're still capable of winning games.

• Members

I liked Pat Nevin's comment about Thistle on last week's Sportscene and I hope he's right! He said that the grass has started to grow again and that would suit the footballing sides and Thistle are a good footballing side.

Me? I think we just need a little bit of good fortune to start turning our way.

Its been one funny old season so far. Some big wins like at Tannadice but too many poor results in between and no back to back wins.

Yet we are still quite comfertably in 9th and I'd doubt there's jags fan who wouldn't take that at the start of the season.

3 points on Saturday mon the Thistle!

Edited by Gingerjag

I liked Pat Nevin's comment about Thistle on last week's Sportscene and I hope he's right! He said that the grass has started to grow again and that would suit the footballing sides and Thistle are a good footballing side.

Me? I think we just need a little bit of good fortune to start turning our way.

Maybe if the uneven winter pitch hinders us, it is time to examine options for a synthetic or composite pitch. That might eliminate one factor that makes us "The Great Unpredictables", and allow us to benefit from the slick passing style we had until recently, before confidence was replaced by fear.

We really need to win at least one of our next two home games. Think that will come next week. St Johnstone are on a bit of a run and they are a club we don't have a good record against. Would be reasonably happy with a draw tomorrow and a win next week

Can hardly contain my excitement for this one. St Johnstone are consistently one of the most boring teams I have ever seen, come to Firhill and sit in, then waltz away with the points. We pass it around in front of them for 80 mins.

Can only wish for a change in fortunes. Any news on Elliott or Booth for this? If either are fit, expect them to come in at LB. If both are fit, that might be our left side.

^^Beat me to it. Elliot is out and Booth is doubtful (as is Seabourne). Looks like Keenan plays again: hope someone tells him that when the ball is played long and deep from the opposite wing his job is to get between his man and the goal, not to just stand watching while his man gets inside him to control the ball and score.

Looks like this team ..

Gallagher

ODonnell Frans Balatoni Keenan

Osman Bannigan

Lawless Craigen Stevenson

Taylor

Depends on what the tactics are. It may be we decide we need to get to the byline and cross against a team that likes to sit in so maybe Craigen or Stevenson out and McDaid in.

Actually this is game we could really have done with Higginbotham when he seemed to be getting some form back. I don't think that his tackle was definitely a red card but it was made in the opposition half when we had defenders to cover the situation and so ranks as sheers stupidity - and we now miss a player who might have been able to unlock a negative minded team.

Actually that's one reason why I've included Stevenson - he's inconsistent and isn't as an exciting players as HIggy but he has the guile to make something happen.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Cheers. Hoping Booth will make it. Worrying trend with Keenan, where he seems to be getting caught with a diagonal ball. I know he's still young, but it's cost us a couple of goals already.

I really hope we don't follow the pattern and just lump it down the middle tomorrow.

I have low expectations for tomorrow. I'm also wondering if we would have a better chance of avoiding any relegation problems (which I don't seriously think we will have) if Hamilton were to drop into the bottom 6. On their form, they are catchable

hamilton are already safe apparantley unless not everything I read in the paper is true