Other Players To Target -

Third Lanark

While I feel the out of contract players are the first ones to tie up.

Who realistically could we target - Scott McDonald - I feel he was responsible for Motherwells recent impressive run of form (except against us) - gets goals and would give us a very dangerous forward line up with Doolan and Lyle (who we can hopefully keep), and Stevenson though I think Ryan is better in his midfield role.

Chris Erskine - is he contracted to United for another year?

Notice the ones championing Pat Clarke a few years ago being very quiet I take it you have realised he is definetly not premiership quality?

I didn't realise McManus who has got 22 goals for Morton this season is out of contract with Aberdeen and saying he wants to go to a club where he will least get a chance of playing time. Think he's only just turned 20 so might be one to look at for the future especially if we didn't get Lyle

I didn't realise McManus who has got 22 goals for Morton this season is out of contract with Aberdeen and saying he wants to go to a club where he will least get a chance of playing time. Think he's only just turned 20 so might be one to look at for the future especially if we didn't get Lyle

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the amount of goals as the standard in that division is reckoned to be poorer than ever. Even so saw him play the other week against the Pars and he looks decent enough. Can't mind much about him in the League Cup game early in the season.

As much as I spend most of the game shouting abuse at him I do like gardyne from county. Seems he's not wanted at d united and seems a decent enough player.

I think if it's spl players we are looking at then with our finances it needs to be fringe players and I can't think of too many that I'd prefer to what we currently have.

I was looking at Rangers' list of out of contract players to see if there's anyone we'd be interested in, and I can honestly say no. All either not good enough or past their best. Kris Boyd would be a maybe considering what he did with Killie, but he's been hopeless for Rangers and would he really give his all for us? Don't think so - reckon he's best suited to Killie. Would rather get Taylor signed.

Wouldn't touch the rest at all which includes Kyle Hutton, Black, Miller, McCulloch and Moshni amongst others.

I was looking at Rangers' list of out of contract players to see if there's anyone we'd be interested in, and I can honestly say no. All either not good enough or past their best. Kris Boyd would be a maybe considering what he did with Killie, but he's been hopeless for Rangers and would he really give his all for us? Don't think so - reckon he's best suited to Killie. Would rather get Taylor signed.

Wouldn't touch the rest at all which includes Kyle Hutton, Black, Miller, McCulloch and Moshni amongst others.

Rangers players are damaged goods- no way I'd want any of them

I was looking at Rangers' list of out of contract players to see if there's anyone we'd be interested in, and I can honestly say no. All either not good enough or past their best. Kris Boyd would be a maybe considering what he did with Killie, but he's been hopeless for Rangers and would he really give his all for us? Don't think so - reckon he's best suited to Killie. Would rather get Taylor signed. Wouldn't touch the rest at all which includes Kyle Hutton, Black, Miller, McCulloch and Moshni amongst others.

Ha! The world's turned upside down when a Thistle fan forum is dismissing Rangers players who are not good enough to play for us.

• Like 1

I'd take Kyle Hutton back, he hasn't had a decent run at Rangers and that whole club is just poison. Booing Lee McCulloch, who has 200 odd games and stuck by them when all their other players went off for the money down south, for just one mistake. Hutton is big, strong, fast, can pass a ball.

I'd also like us to try and get Gardyne. He's the biggest reason for County's recent form in my opinion, creates everything for them.

Hope we don't go for any 'utility' players, we have a big enough squad for two/three players in every position - never like a player that can play right back, left back, right wing, left wing etc etc, usually means they aren't brilliant at any. It's difficult this season for teams like us, as usually the Aberdeen, United, Hibs, Hearts etc of the league would release bit part players who would be good enough for bottom six teams. This year (and last year) we don't have that aspect of players filtering down.

Archie has now had four windows in charge and he has been good with his signings in the last few.

I'd take Kyle Hutton back, he hasn't had a decent run at Rangers and that whole club is just poison. Booing Lee McCulloch, who has 200 odd games and stuck by them when all their other players went off for the money down south, for just one mistake.

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I've read on here.

• Like 1

Gardyne has been rubbish for every club he's been at in his career except County. I'd be very surprised if he's not there next year, our best hope of getting him would be if they fell into the play off spot.

We're unlikely to have a lot of money sloshing around, I assume the option to buy for Taylor mentioned in the e-mail from Maxwell is at a price we could afford, there'd be no point otherwise. He would be priority number 1 for me. I'd like to get Erskine back as well but with him being under contract, we're reliant on McNamara being on a 95% cut of the transfer fee and getting pound signs in his eyes.

I wouldn't class suggesting we could get a better footballer than Elliott as nonsense. Said I'd keep every other player, so hardly a wind up is it.

You didn't exactly say that tho'. You more or less attributed our recent success to Elliott's exclusion whilst at the same time blaming him in isolation for our previous poor form. Unless of course I misunderstand what you mean by "no surprise". I doubt very much Archie would agree with you. Christie being quickly being brought back into the fold yesterday at the first available opportunity. So in effect you're having a swipe at the manager's judgement and not imo picking the best of times to do so.

Anyway my apologies are due if your not at the wind up. In my mitigation putting aside the Elliott patter your comments about McCulloch, plus Hutton being "fast" seem rather eccentric.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2