Other Players To Target -

Third Lanark

On that note, Darren o'Dea released by Blackpool. I haven't seen him play in years, but I guess it depends on why he's been released, is he crap or are his wages too high for league one. Since he was playing for Blackpool, probably the former.

Ignores the third option that clan Oyston are running the club into the ground and released almost the whole squad again this year (6 players under contract for next season and 3 being offered new deals (including the PoY who wont re-sign and a guy who went AWOL from Blackpool in November 2014 and hasn't been seen since) vs. 17 released/not being offered new deals and no signed goalkeeper again) , though TBH doubtful we'd want to be signing a defender from a team that had their defensive record last/this season

As opposed to him saying 'we'll be flirting with insolvency by signing anyone we can'

Massive non story wrapped up in generalities garnished with homilies that link.

As opposed to him saying 'we'll be flirting with insolvency by signing anyone we can'

Massive non story wrapped up in generalities garnished with homilies that link.

:)

There's non Jags fans I know who lap up everything in the ET, Record, Sun etc. They can make a non story sound important. I'm fully expecting to get a couple of nudge-nudges in the pub tonight followed by an "I see your lot are sticking to budget this year". It's rather strange how some not that unintelligent people can't differentiate between salient information and utter Steve Tosh.

Ross County, as is tradition, have released half their squad

Richard Brittain

Mark Brown

Joe Cardle

Graham Carey

Antonio Reguero

Terry Dunfield

Benedict Frempah

Jake Jervis

Abdoulaye Meite

Ruben Palazuelos

Steven Saunders

Darvydas Sernas

plus Kiss and Burgess loans end.

At first glance you'd say we shouldn't be looking at cast-offs from a team who finished below us however sometimes there might be a reason it didn't work out at that team.

Palazuelos was linked with us in the past, but Osman is better, Brittain might have been good 2 years ago but is the wrong side of 30 and hardly kicked a ball last season. Meite has some good clubs on his CV and 48 caps for Ivory Coast, but the fact he has that and spent the second half of last season not getting a game ahead of Scott Boyd probably tells you about his current level. Both keepers are rubbish, as is Cardle.

Carey has been linked (though mainly fan rumour) before and might be OK in that he could cover left back and a couple of positions in midfield, although we do already have Christie as our utility man.

So first glance appears to be right.

Ross County, as is tradition, have released half their squad

Richard Brittain

Mark Brown

Joe Cardle

Graham Carey

Antonio Reguero

Terry Dunfield

Benedict Frempah

Jake Jervis

Abdoulaye Meite

Ruben Palazuelos

Steven Saunders

Darvydas Sernas

plus Kiss and Burgess loans end.

At first glance you'd say we shouldn't be looking at cast-offs from a team who finished below us however sometimes there might be a reason it didn't work out at that team.

Palazuelos was linked with us in the past, but Osman is better, Brittain might have been good 2 years ago but is the wrong side of 30 and hardly kicked a ball last season. Meite has some good clubs on his CV and 48 caps for Ivory Coast, but the fact he has that and spent the second half of last season not getting a game ahead of Scott Boyd probably tells you about his current level. Both keepers are rubbish, as is Cardle.

Carey has been linked (though mainly fan rumour) before and might be OK in that he could cover left back and a couple of positions in midfield, although we do already have Christie as our utility man.

So first glance appears to be right.

stevensaunders was linked with us before he went to Ross county but I guess he hasn't been much of a success there if he has been released

Gavin Skelton, Gavin Malin, Gavin Swankie. As long as we sign a Gavin :thumbsup2:

Failing that I've always been impressed with Martin Bavidge. I think he could do a job for us.

I seem to remember we were linked with Swankie a few years ago. He would have been good then, as he's clearly a good, reliable lower division player. Now over 30, I don't think he's what we need in the top league.

"Malin" means "evil" in French. He'll do!

Has anyone seen Sandy Cunningham play for the Binos lately? Went to watch him against Alloa last season but he got red carded early that day.

theres a couple of rumours on pie & bovril that a couple of English teams have been looking at him while apparently we are also possibly interested. I don't know much about him but quite young so maybe one considered for the future

I wonder if we might be able to get Stuart Holden on loan from Bolton. He's not played for them since a nasty injury in March last year, so Neil Lennon might like to see him getting some game time at a level below English Chrampionship.

...who probably earns about 15 grand a week. We've absolutely no chance of loaning guys like him.

I wonder if we might be able to get Stuart Holden on loan from Bolton. He's not played for them since a nasty injury in March last year, so Neil Lennon might like to see him getting some game time at a level below English Championship.

Has been out for longer than that.

Even if he was affordable, I'm not being unkind when I say the guy's injury record is worse than Sean Welsh's over the past few years.