2015/16 Season Transfer Thread

If I was killie fan I'd be worried about how long it would take for his attitude to turn round again after his spell at rangers. If they use him the way they did last time it will be long ball tactics and then what's the point of having Higgy in their team?

Because as was seen at Firhill, Higgy is crVking in the air with long balls from defence. Every long ball we played last season was either at Higgy or Stevenson.

I really don't think it's a disaster if we lose out on Taylor. He's great at holding the ball up and gives centre halves a lot of trouble but let's be honest - he lacks composure in front of goal and some of his sitters last season undoubtedly cost us points. I'm confident that Archie will be able to come up with an alternative.

Controversial maybe.... but if it was a choice between Kris or Lyle ......... for me ..... it's DOOOOOOOOLLLAAAAAAN.

Lyle's great and would love to see him stay. But, I trust Archie can find a suitable replacement if we miss out.

Not an easy task for sure. However, given last year's transfer sagas and having sympathy for the financial restrictions it's probably a f*ckin god-send we have a gaffer that appears confident with the spine of a team he has built and ain't gonna be rushed into additions.

Patience folks. Good things come to Jags who wait.... and wait... and wait... and.... 2021 is 6 years away! ..... take it easy.

• Like 2

The annoying thing for me personally has been lack of news coming out of Firhill, not a word about pre season training or potential transfer targets. All our rivals are strengthening their squads. All we are getting is bombarded with Kingsley stuff. That won't improve us on the pitch where it matters. I really hope that tomorrow at the strip launch we spring a few surprise signings as we are way short at the moment.

Mon the Jags

The annoying thing for me personally has been lack of news coming out of Firhill, not a word about pre season training or potential transfer targets. All our rivals are strengthening their squads. All we are getting is bombarded with Kingsley stuff. That won't improve us on the pitch where it matters. I really hope that tomorrow at the strip launch we spring a few surprise signings as we are way short at the moment.

Mon the Jags

Directly it won't (his headers would be worse than Madaschi for a start). Indirectly, if Kingsley helps sell new gear and/or opens up a new revenue stream, it most certainly will make a difference. What you, me, just about everyone on here wants to know is can we afford to strengthen? Personally I don't think the Board are going to add extra cash on the strength of a projected increase in away fans next season. They might take that into account but only after assessing ST demand, sale of new strips and merchandise.

Mon the Jags

kingsley will be pump up the masses in thistle square

with a blast of fire from his gaping mouth he will set off a barrage of red and yellow plumes of smoke that rise into the air, and engulf all of thistle square

arising through the smoke filled air, as it begins to clear, the giant inflatable kingsley which has risen, appears.

held in the giant kingsley hands will be four players bedecked in the new wondrous thistle kit for 2015/16

taylor, stanton, halliday and balatoni (who has decided maryhill is his home not some med island) will be the four wise men who have all signed two year contracts, with options of a further year.

they will be greeted by the booming pa shouting out the first name of each new signing three times and the masses shouting back their second name each time, in the new firhill goalscorer tradition celebration.

unicyclists wearing kingsley masks and the new thistle kits will then appear from all corners of the square, who will after highfiving several thousand thistle fans (just a fraction of those who have packed thistle sqaure for the day), will then form a death defying trick of forming a pyramid with kingsley mascot held atop on the highest unicylists shoulders.

the unicyclists will then remove their masks one by one, repeating the thrice double war cry of name shoutouts, as each unicyclist is revealed one by one, to be the other current first team squad members.

kingsley will then reveal his wife, queensley, to loud wolf whistles and acclaim, before introducing his heroes archie and shaggy, who will then be invited to (remainder of what happens next, redacted due to nature of open air activities that follow, to protect the minds of the young).

then after a eight hour open air party, it's everyone back to firhill to the aitken suite for a few drinks.

#bigmadmentalpartickthistle

Because as was seen at Firhill, Higgy is crVking in the air with long balls from defence. Every long ball we played last season was either at Higgy or Stevenson.

We did that in a few games. But that wasn't a regular thing and it was by no stretch our regular way of playing. As a regular way of playing it would be a waste of Higgy's talents. It was Killie's regular style and it's likely still to be.but it won't work unless Boyd can change his attitude again very quickly.

with a blast of fire from his gaping mouth he will set off a barrage of red and yellow plumes of smoke that rise into the air, and engulf all of thistle square

arising through the smoke filled air, as it begins to clear, the giant inflatable kingsley which has risen, appears.

held in the giant kingsley hands will be four players bedecked in the new wondrous thistle kit for 2015/16

taylor, stanton, halliday and balatoni (who has decided maryhill is his home not some med island) will be the four wise men who have all signed two year contracts, with options of a further year.

they will be greeted by the booming pa shouting out the first name of each new signing three times and the masses shouting back their second name each time, in the new firhill goalscorer tradition celebration.

unicyclists wearing kingsley masks and the new thistle kits will then appear from all corners of the square, who will after highfiving several thousand thistle fans (just a fraction of those who have packed thistle sqaure for the day), will then form a death defying trick of forming a pyramid with kingsley mascot held atop on the highest unicylists shoulders.

the unicyclists will then remove their masks one by one, repeating the thrice double war cry of name shoutouts, as each unicyclist is revealed one by one, to be the other current first team squad members.

kingsley will then reveal his wife, queensley, to loud wolf whistles and acclaim, before introducing his heroes archie and shaggy, who will then be invited to (remainder of what happens next, redacted due to nature of open air activities that follow, to protect the minds of the young).

then after a eight hour open air party, it's everyone back to firhill to the aitken suite for a few drinks.

Thanks for the heads up yoda. I'm taking the day off work.

Gonna bring some of these drugs up to George Square ramorra Yoda....lol

Ross County have signed Richard Foster on a two-year deal.

Motherwell have signed Louis Laing on a two-year deal.

County are fair splashing the cash, that can't possibly be sustainable up there. I remember there chairman talking about part time football if the atendances didn't increase in January.

It's galling to see teams with less or not much more crowds paying vastly more in salaries than we are. There is going to be a crash soon for some of these clubs.

County are fair splashing the cash, that can't possibly be sustainable up there. I remember there chairman talking about part time football if the atendances didn't increase in January.

It's galling to see teams with less or not much more crowds paying vastly more in salaries than we are. There is going to be a crash soon for some of these clubs.

I'm ******* delighted they've signed Richard foster, assuming he's the ex-Aberdeen and rangers boy. He's a hopeless footballer who I was genuinely scared we might sign.

Davies rejected Bradford and their 15,000 season ticket holders to sign for them.

Still never heard of em! Archie, in most cases, has done us proud in the transfer market and done a lot of his business late on, however with continual hints on budget reductions, poor season ticket sales etc etc, even a super optimist like me thinks Archie is going to have his toughest pre season yet, so far as trying to get signings in

Edited by Lindau

How many among us heard of PotY Abdul Osman before he signed for us? There are players around who may not be world beaters but are more Tha capable of performing in the SPFL Premiership or even Championship. Not having heard of or seen a player is no condemnation. We just have to hope that Archie fills the gaps well. Not much room for mistakes with a smaller squad though.

• Like 2

How many among us heard of PotY Abdul Osman before he signed for us? There are players around who may not be world beaters but are more Tha capable of performing in the SPFL Premiership or even Championship. Not having heard of or seen a player is no condemnation.

Some people need to read posts on here. Never at any point did I condemn the signings. All that was said is that I had never heard of the two of them and I am pretty sure that is the case with 99.9 % on here. Think the heat must be getting to some people