2015/16 Season Transfer Thread

This summer is becoming remarkably similar to that of 2003 when we lost all our best players to other SPL clubs. With hindsight it's clear that none of those players fancied playing for Gerry Collins and who can blame them. But we've had no change of manager this year. Offering 1 year deals strikes me as being extremely pessimistic about the player in question and the future league status of our club. I very much hope that we simply weren't able to offer the same wages as other clubs. County have their sugardaddy as we all know while Killie have been established in the top tier for over 20 years now.

This summer is becoming remarkably similar to that of 2003 when we lost all our best players to other SPL clubs. With hindsight it's clear that none of those players fancied playing for Gerry Collins and who can blame them. But we've had no change of manager this year. Offering 1 year deals strikes me as being extremely pessimistic about the player in question and the future league status of our club. I very much hope that we simply weren't able to offer the same wages as other clubs. County have their sugardaddy as we all know while Killie have been established in the top tier for over 20 years now.

I think that's being too pessimistic. In that season we basically lost a group of players who were clearly our best, and were only left with those that others wouldn't want. In the past season I'd say that our most important players were O'Donnell, Frans, Bannigan, Osman, Lawless and Stevenson. We've only lost one of them and it wasn't to a rival.

• Like 1

I think that's being too pessimistic. In that season we basically lost a group of players who were clearly our best, and were only left with those that others wouldn't want. In the past season I'd say that our most important players were O'Donnell, Frans, Bannigan, Osman, Lawless and Stevenson. We've only lost one of them and it wasn't to a rival.

Well said. Also some of the "lesser" players are pretty decent too: Booth, Elliot, Doolan, Seabourne (he'd be a key player if we could be sure of his fitness) not the mention the promising youngsters like Lindsay and Mcdaid. Three good signings and we'll still have a good side.

Well said. Also some of the "lesser" players are pretty decent too: Booth, Elliot, Doolan, Seabourne (he'd be a key player if we could be sure of his fitness) not the mention the promising youngsters like Lindsay and Mcdaid. Three good signings and we'll still have a good side.

Finding three good signings with the budget we have is going to be a very tough task IMO.

Edited by Hankey

We need more than 3 players in. I will be looking for at least 5 in. Two defenders - a right back and a center half.

A central midfielder and an attacking midfielder and a forward.

Taylor and Welsh may be two of them. We may also sign a loan deal or two and maybe one or two for the under 20s.

Three good signings are well within our range, they will not necessarily be WOW signings. Last season I'd say Stevenson (although it took him time to adjust) was a great singing and Osman too was a tremendous signing. two WOW signings. If we sign one guy like either of them, provided other signings are decent we'll be fine.

I would though like to see us make sure we get a decent replacement for O'Donnell (I know we're unlikely to get as good) in for the start of the season. But even if we can't get as good as Taylor or Higgs in, as long as whoever we get can do a job and is able to fit in with the team's system and work-rate then the team over all will be OK. One really good signing and we'll do fine. As Allyo said, we still have a bunch of last year's best players with us for the new season.

Edited by Mr Bunny

We won't miss him from last season. I hate all this 'always a Jag' crap - he's gone to a (mediocre) rival - hell mend him. SOD is different - Luton aren't likely to be challenging against us next season, so good luck to him. A pox on the Fox & Higginbotham houses!

Really disappointing news. :(

I expected Higgy to leave but probably for a club in England. Seeing him go to Killie is a sore one to take, not to mention a strange move. I hope it is simply a case that they offered him a better contract and that there aren't things going on behind the scenes at Firhill that we should be concerned about.

Three of the four that have signed for other clubs, seem not to have achieved what they said they wanted.

Fox wanted to play in front of bigger crowds - has gone to County

Higginbotham detests synthetic pitches and has signed for Killie

Craigen maybe will get more games but at a lower level

Do players have a much higher opinion of themselves than other clubs ?

With Higgy at Killie hope I ain't reading too much into the very bottom of this article!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33298493

To be fair mate there are plenty of strikers down south though would be gutting if we did lose out.

Motherwell have signed another striker I see Wes Fletcher from England. Think he may have been with Nottingham Forrest

FFS.

You use P&B, yeah? They've been linked with a striker from Morecambe.

FFS......I will ask your permission the next time I post!! Read the feckin post.....at no point did I say it was Taylor. He is obviously close friends with Higgy, so a link up wouldn't be a surprise. That's all that was hinted at. Just in case you don't know, it's close season and there ain't much to talk about re our club at the moment!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1