2015/16 Season Transfer Thread

County appear intent on bringing in another keeper, centre mid and striker. That would see them start the season with a first-team squad - I'm not including promising kids here, should they have any - of 25.

We just can't afford to carry that kind of fat. I think there's a danger that they're creating a false economy and causing the spread of unrealistic expectations among the fans of other bottom six clubs.

County appear intent on bringing in another keeper, centre mid and striker. That would see them start the season with a first-team squad - I'm not including promising kids here, should they have any - of 25.

We just can't afford to carry that kind of fat. I think there's a danger that they're creating a false economy and causing the spread of unrealistic expectations among the fans of other bottom six clubs.

Much as I disliked him it's now evident it wasn't solely Derek Adam's managerial style that was responsible for their twice yearly widespread personnel changes. Not sure it's that clever having too large a squad anyway as you can only play so many overage players in the Development League meaning that certain players will lose match fitness. OK perhaps if you're anticipating a lot of cup football but as we know all too well you can't budget for that. Be interesting to see how quick they gel as a team or will they be slow out the box as usual. Hope so.

In the last couple of seasons I've seen Ben Gordon, Brian McLean, Steven Saunders and Graham Carey and no doubt a few other players signed for 1st team action all languishing in the U20s. Will no doubt see a few more this season but they'll be the lucky ones at least getting a game.

Valid points from DP. McGregor is distorting the balance between affordability and reality but there's always been at least one club we've been up against with a sugar daddy approach. Rae and Morton have that similar mentality. At least the latter doesn't kid on by inflated attendances to make him seem less of a sugar daddy.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

County appear intent on bringing in another keeper, centre mid and striker. That would see them start the season with a first-team squad - I'm not including promising kids here, should they have any - of 25. We just can't afford to carry that kind of fat. I think there's a danger that they're creating a false economy and causing the spread of unrealistic expectations among the fans of other bottom six clubs.

I think it's less a false economy and more of an arms race with Caley! The board at Coonty have observed that their Highland derby chums ICT have won a cup, finished 3rd in the league and have European football based on a talented squad playing good football with a pragmatic manager. Also not 'requiring' large attendances. I would suspect that McIntyre's objectives are to deliver at least a cup semi/final and top 6 in the league considering the amount of investment they're throwing at them. Hopefully County will also follow the ICT model by being pumped in the league by Thistle.....

It's good to see that Archie's signing priorities are similar to what most of us think we need.

I also like the thorough way he prepares the team, for example he said they look the game against Falkirk because of their artificial surface in prep for the Hamilton game.

Hamilton Accies FC@acciesfc 45m45 minutes ago

The Club has signed 25 year old Spanish striker Salva Chamorro - 2 year deal -14 league goals for Llieda Esportiu last season

Here one day, gone Chamorro.http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hamilton-scrap-signing-of-striker-salva-chamorro-1-3848894