New Deals

King Kenny

Good stuff - was pretty convinced they would both sign on anyway to be honest, but good to have it confirmed.

Little more concerned about the other important signings - I reckon Osman, Lawless and Craigen are 60/40 in favour of signing, Taylor, Higginbotham and Balatoni are 50/50, Fox at 30/70 and O'Donnell at 5/95. Gallacher will sign if we want him and I'd imagine the youngsters would too.

Good stuff - was pretty convinced they would both sign on anyway to be honest, but good to have it confirmed.

Little more concerned about the other important signings - I reckon Osman, Lawless and Craigen are 60/40 in favour of signing, Taylor, Higginbotham and Balatoni are 50/50, Fox at 30/70 and O'Donnell at 5/95. Gallacher will sign if we want him and I'd imagine the youngsters would too.

Agree with you - nice to get the expected resignings tied up. I hope you are right about Taylor, Higgy and Conrad being as much as 50/50 but I fear that they are probably all odds-against right now. Hopefully I am wrong about that. Balatoni in particular I would love to see us sign up for 2-3 years as he really kicked on in the second half of this season and he and FF look excellent together.

Pleasing. Filling the left back position is difficult given the player in question has to be able to get forward. Callum does that well.

Signing Christie up is all important as not only is he a good option in attack that means we've cover in other positions as well. That said he might for all we know be Archie's idea of a straight replacement for SOD.

Left back position sorted before the season has finished. Ideal.

Agree. As I said in another thread the league will be tougher next season so we need a solid defence in place right from the start. Right comes in and we're set, with Christie able to provide cover.

Signing Christie up is all important as not only is he a good option in attack that means we've cover in other positions as well. That said he might for all we know be Archie's idea of a straight replacement for SOD.

Be interesting to see if Christie gets a run out at full back in the last two games.

Suspected that Christie would be looking for more security so not overly surprised to see him handed a two-year contract; nobody can begrudge him it, he's earned it. If we're happy to offer longer contracts to our current players, I would be slightly more confident about retaining Craigen who I think would be looking for similar security as Christie.

Happy to see Booth retained; he fits in well, suits our style and it gives us some continuity in a position we've struggled to fill. Wondering whether we have our eye on another left-back though because I expected him to be on a longer deal.

It would appear Finnie has already been released.

Edited by Armand2

Where have you seen that about Finnie, Armand?

Suspected as much from seeing his most recent social media comments in addition to his omission from the latest development squad game.

Yep, as JuanJag says, a comment on Twitter would seem to indicate he's on the lookout for a new club. That would explain his recent unexplained absence from the U20 squads too.

Looks like Balatoni will be off.

But defender Balatoni, who has been linked with Barnsley and Blackpool, is proving harder to persuade.

Archibald, whose side host Kilmarnock on Saturday, said: "I'm hopeful but the way it's looking, I think he might end up going elsewhere.

"Conrad has been fantastic for me, I enjoyed playing with him and enjoyed managing him and he is welcome here any time.

"If he wants to go and try something else, it's one of those things. That's Conrad, he is an ambitious lad.

"We will keep trying and we hope he is going to sign but I think there is every chance he will move on.''