Club Statement

Jag

I know what you're saying Lenziejag; you're right and I get that it would probably pee off some ST holders but my logic is I would buy a ST anyway and I'd rather have more people at a game than less.

Making it £20 would (in my opinion) help increase the number of PATG fans at matches.

I know what you're saying Lenziejag; you're right and I get that it would probably pee off some ST holders but my logic is I would buy a ST anyway and I'd rather have more people at a game than less.

Making it £20 would (in my opinion) help increase the number of PATG fans at matches.

Rather academic as season tickets are already on sale claiming a saving of up to 5 free games. Peeing off ST holders has almost become a Firhill tradition but I doubt the Club would wish to contravene sale of goods act or whatever.

We do particularly poorly in comparison to other clubs. Is this because of the longstanding interpretation that Thistle are terrible, the cuddly toy of Scottish football? "Partick Thistle Nil" and all that? Or just because you have to be truly weird in Glasgow not to choose Proddie or Catholic, Blue or Green?

Dunfermline's population in 2011 was 49,706, and they announced season tickets sales of 1452 as of 31st May, or 2.93% of the city. That seems not bad for a third tier club.

In Saint Mirren's case, Paisley's population was 74130, and their just announced current season ticket sales are at 2050, a percentage of 2.76%. That's for a club just relegated and playing in the second tier next season.

The 2011 population of Glasgow was 598,830. But let's reduce our catchment area to the North-West of the city only, that still gives us a population of 197,375.

Of course the club don't tell us how many season tickets we sell, but let's be generous and say it's 2000 - that's a percentage of 1% of the available population.

I guess only a period of consistent success - high finishes up the league, a good few cup wins or at least appearances in finals - would do something to alleviate what is really a terrible lack of local interest compared to other clubs.

t

Sorry, but what a lot of irrelevant numbers that is. Made worse by the fact that when I wake up in the morning I'll regret being so rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Season ticket deadlines extended.

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2015-2016/june_2015/season_ticket_deadlines_extended

Implication is that sales are slow. If they drop the ridiculous £25 fee for kids seats they can have £308 from me right now. If the kids are taking up prime seats that other folk would buy then fine but this is clearly not the case. Anybody at Firhill reading this?

Season ticket deadlines extended.

http://ptfc.co.uk/ne...dlines_extended

Implication is that sales are slow. If they drop the ridiculous £25 fee for kids seats they can have £308 from me right now. If the kids are taking up prime seats that other folk would buy then fine but this is clearly not the case. Anybody at Firhill reading this?

Why is it not the case, that they are taking up prime seats?

It's still worrying though that, while we all know the club really needs the money, season tickets are selling slowly enough to require this action. The club does offer an instalment plan for those who can't afford upfront cost - admittedly this costs more over the year, but all such plans usually do. Early bird instalment bought this way is only £6 dearer than ordinary Standard so not too bad.

Maybe though the club should be offering quarterly or half-season tickets at (quarter/half) the early bird/standard price - that may be more appealing to fans who can't commit to £300+ tickets right away.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Ah, I take it you sit down the front, or something like that?

Not quite sure what your angle is, perhaps you should state your point of view.

The sad fact is, if I don't give the club £358, the only people likely to sit in those seats this season will be Celtic fans.

The club according to some posts appears to be struggling for money yet some people would grudge paying £25 for a season ticket for their kid. £25 for a full year. Get your wallet oot an part with your hard earned dough ffs. At the end of the day your helping the club and might get to watch a couple of decent players for that extra £25. What do you expect, players to play for nothing? The club policy of kids go free is already a great scheme but to hold back £25 that gives you a wee card with your own seat, unbelievable.

• Like 1

The club according to some posts appears to be struggling for money yet some people would grudge paying £25 for a season ticket for their kid. £25 for a full year. Get your wallet oot an part with your hard earned dough ffs. At the end of the day your helping the club and might get to watch a couple of decent players for that extra £25. What do you expect, players to play for nothing? The club policy of kids go free is already a great scheme but to hold back £25 that gives you a wee card with your own seat, unbelievable.

Don't mean to be rude, MonehJags, but that is just crass.

Why don't we try and get an extra 25 quid from pensioners? Other concessions? I mean, if we are struggling for cash, then no-one will mind eh? Especially since there is generally only one pensioner a family. Fair game in my book. Not my problem if they are short of cash. They can give up other stuff blah blah blah

You see how it looks?

i've paid "my kids" 25 quid btw

• Like 1

There must be other avenues the club can explore to generate funds. The firhill cup is one of these but there must be more. I remember my Falkirk supporting pal win an auctioned off place to play for a Falkirk XI v Rangers XI. Its only one idea but things like that generate interest. My point above about the £25 season ticket, ud be hard pushed to find a better deal than that, a pound something a game per season. Its understandable that times may be tough an money short but to have a greet aboot the scheme to charge to book a seat is a bit much. Why is it so ridiculous? LSR, what is your point? I thought a concession season ticket already had a charge? They are booking a seat. I don't know what you expect. Jist have a think about it, its not so bad really.

Just complete and utter bollocks.

I've already given them £308 to be turfed out of what I consider to be one of the best seats in the stadium, and purchased since 1994 when the filth come calling, and maybe not just for them.

So I should give them £25 for something that is free (through the choice of the club) because they can't manage an electronic system that would involve a 2 minute spreadsheet check to see who uses their seat or not if its in a 'prime' location?

It's either free or it's not. Stop pissing around and do things properly.

Edited by 1876Jag

What if you have more than one kid going. I have three who I imagine would like to sit beside me so that's £75 to make sure they are with me.

At the moment I am still trying to convince the wife, and the Bank Manager lol, to go for the monthly payment option.

So the £75 plus the roughly £35 for the first month would be over £100.

Not everybody has that kind of money just lying around to be used on football and some are "struggling for money" to pay for other, and right now, more important things.

Sorry, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, just really gets my goat when folk start telling other folk how to spend their hard earned!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by Dragon

Just complete and utter bollocks.

I've already given them £308 to be turfed out of what I consider to be one of the best seats in the stadium, and purchased since 1994 when the filth come calling, and maybe not just for them.

So I should give them £25 for something that is free (through the choice of the club) because they can't manage an electronic system that would involve a 2 minute spreadsheet check to see who uses their seat or not if its in a 'prime' location?

It's either free or it's not. Stop pissing around and do things properly.

You're not giving them £25 for something that is free.

Kids (who sit in the kids section) go free.