Club Statement

Jag

This seems stupid - the JH is a sideline-view home stand with allocated ST holders that will be affected. The Main Stand is a sideline-view away stand where, presumably, they could enforce some allocated seating - after all, no-one who is usually there will be there for the Celtic game. The North Stand is a behind-the-goal stand home stand and always unallocated, yet for the Celtic game they will make it allocated seating (and will presumably enforce seating rather than standing)

I'm not precious over any of this and sympathise primarily with the JH ST holders who are having to move, but it appears that the club has contrived to find a solution that inconveniences the largest proportion of home fans possible.

• Like 2

The problem is that there aren't enough Thistle supporters buying ST or coming to games for whatever the reason. So the club are trying to find some other way to increase revenue to allow the club to get in better players, maybe or just to keep the club going. Sure, it is going to upset some people, but they have to try something don't they ?

• Like 2

Agree with MP. No problem with moving and maximising revenue. Making it unallocated seating in the Main Stand and allocated seating in the North is bizarrely counterintuitive. I'd much rather have organised with other season ticket holders to book together (as they offer for the North Stand!) than waiting for a free for all on the day.

The North Stand already has some seats allocated to ST's, so they couldn't make that stand a free for all. Therefore to cut down on administration, every ST holder gets a ticket for the main stand unless you specifically want to go to the NS or get a bunch of seats together guaranteed.

This seems stupid - the JH is a sideline-view home stand with allocated ST holders that will be affected. The Main Stand is a sideline-view away stand where, presumably, they could enforce some allocated seating - after all, no-one who is usually there will be there for the Celtic game. The North Stand is a behind-the-goal stand home stand and always unallocated, yet for the Celtic game they will make it allocated seating (and will presumably enforce seating rather than standing)

I'm not precious over any of this and sympathise primarily with the JH ST holders who are having to move, but it appears that the club has contrived to find a solution that inconveniences the largest proportion of home fans possible.

with reference to the emboldened part of your post ..... if that happens, it will smack of double standards of the highest degree ..... everytime the green mutants have polluted the ns, the whole lot of them have been standing the full duration of each game. if the police or g4s even attempt to make any ptfc supporter in the ns sit down during any games vs green mutants, it could cause massive ruptions.

eta ..... don't disagree with any other points of your post mp, points well made.

Edited by yoda-jag

i would guess either wednesday or thursday at latest, based on email i received yesterday advising celtic game will be added to my st "within next 24 hours".

you'd assume they are allocating all st holders in ns their seats first, making sure system is up to date, before opening up to general sale.

Dear season ticket holder,

You will no doubt be aware that, for the match against Celtic on Sunday August 9th, season ticket holders with seats in the Jackie Husband Stand have been asked to move to either the Main or North Stands. Obviously, as a North Stand season ticket holder, this move will not directly affect you however, in the next 24 hours, you will receive email confirmation that the Celtic game has been added to your card. This email is simply an automated response from the electronic ticketing system and requires no further action on your behalf. All you need to do on match day is use your season card exactly as normal, at the turnstiles.

Please note that, as a result of the move, we expect the North Stand to be busier than normal so please ensure you sit in the seat which appears on your season ticket card as the stand will be strictly allocated seating only.

As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch, either by replying to this email or by phoning me directly on 0141 579 1971.

Kind Regards,

Kirsty McKee

Office Administrator

Partick Thistle Football Club

t: 0141 579 1971

e:

I won't be going to this game so my seat in the north stand will be empty, didn't enjoy the first home game since our return against the east end mob and have no desire to be subjected their sectarian drivel again thank you very much

Edited by Harry Wragg

I phoned Firhill this morning.

Public sale details should be on the website by the end of the week.

hw, been thinking about your post (and celtic ticketing arrangements generally) ..... may be unintentional wording by you, so apologies for picking you up on it, but "public sale details should be on website by the end of the week" ..... so, is that the tickets will be available to buy from a certain date thereafter (after end of week) or, did they say tickets available for sale on website (and from pickup at office?) "by end of week".

and when is end of week?

to me, that's end of working day (5pm) on a friday ..... but then office will be closed then ..... and shut saturday (and sunday) you'd assume since we are away.

so, any supporter wishing to buy a ticket from office, has to wait til monday at earliest?

but online buyers could (possibly?) get theirs over the weekend?

not exactly rushing is the office are they to get money in and tickets sold.

as an aside, the skanky green mob have had tickets for 9th august onsale to their support all week (if not longer).

still, you can buy hospitality for £99 right now ..... i'm sure it will be a hoot, after all it's not as if it will be infiltrated by skanky green mob supporters.

Edited by yoda-jag

Had the north stand not been available for this one I doubt I would have made the game as I am at Belladrum festival that weekend. I missed the last 2 games against them as well because of other commitments and was so glad I did, as our performance in both was shocking.

But I've arranged a lift home on the Saturday for this one and whatever happens on the pitch I really hope that north stand is bouncing and we create a great atmosphere.

• Like 1

Had the north stand not been available for this one I doubt I would have made the game as I am at Belladrum festival that weekend. I missed the last 2 games against them as well because of other commitments and was so glad I did, as our performance in both was shocking.

But I've arranged a lift home on the Saturday for this one and whatever happens on the pitch I really hope that north stand is bouncing and we create a great atmosphere.

This. We all know what that scum are like, but since the "singing section" (for lack of a better phrase) will be right next to their whole support and tightly packed, we should all be making the effort to go all out and give the team our full support. I will consider it a failure if I don't leave Firhill with no voice.

perhaps even more worrying on a bigger scale, is this latest ptfc.co.uk news item not renewed? don’t worry ..... renewal prices are back for good!

lots of "we want you"s in that statement, and to me the whole news item is an indicator that st sales are below expectations (aka budgets).

that is quite worrying, given how low some of our attendances last season were.

okay, so there was the first season bounce, so st sales were likely quite respectable ..... but lower attendances last season wasn't just down to less patg supporters imo ..... and if st sales dropped last season, and have dropped further for this season ..... when we improved in points gained, a much improved home record, higher league finish, better goal difference ..... that's quite a worrying trend of improved onfield success vs diminishing guaranteed income from st sales.

part of it may be put down to a (on paper) poor summer transfer activity ..... loss of key players and arrival of (mainly) unproven replacements, with some places still to be filled by signings. the early indicators of preseason point to use of half a dozen youngsters stepping up so it's already accepted (by many if not all) we aren't going to be signing players to replace everyone who left, far less pay out same wages ..... but if this is the start of the youth academy and development squads beginning to bear fruit, then shouldn't we be backing this?

i have no crystal ball (last one i had, i smashed in fit of rage after the shambles of the rosscunty capitulation), but after three seasons of improvement under archie, i ask you all, if you can afford it, please buy a st now. whether renewing or buying for first time (or several seasons lapsed).

there's the possible deflection (or argument) that our off field costs are rising, but right now i don't want to get into a debate about the board, or where various funds are being allocated, as, as a club, we do need to get more professional ..... time will tell if new positions and those filling them see us move forward and improve in this regard, and just how much of the clubs income is available to archie and shaggy as a budget. that discussion is for another time imo.

archie (and shaggy) got us up (when judas probably wouldn't have), with a young hungry squad that was determined and united with a great spirit. archie (and shaggy) kept us up, with the core of that first division squad supplemented by some more experienced heads and new players, in a hungry squad that was determined and united with a great spirit. last season, the squad changed again, being less than the first division winning squad, but again with some decent and some more than able replacements for those who left ..... archie and shaggy and the players improved our results, position, stats. this season, it is looking like we will be relying a bit more on the youngsters coming through the ranks, it could be a throwback to the youthful #wegotthis spirit of the first division squad, and we still have the lawlesses, doolans, banzos and the like, as well as the frans, osmans, stevos and the like.

and if we get a decent surge of st sales, who knows, perhaps we may manage to bring in that other 20 goals plus striker (i'm still waiting to hear from you though archie if you're reading!), that creative messi type player and a defender thats a rock, so everyone will be happy (okay, probably not everyone, this is thistle of course).

but let's back the youngsters coming through. they've shown up pretty well in preseason, and those who were on fringes last season when called upon. lets back the established first team players who did well last season (most of the time). lets back archie and shaggy, they have improved us year on year so far. lets show scottish football that the thistle supporters are more passionate, vocal and scary than kingsley.

so, buy a season ticket if you can.

if you can't, fair enough, thanks for reading anyway.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 3

This. We all know what that scum are like, but since the "singing section" (for lack of a better phrase) will be right next to their whole support and tightly packed, we should all be making the effort to go all out and give the team our full support. I will consider it a failure if I don't leave Firhill with no voice.

6a9a591440f5af0b75e01c17c73d261a.jpg

Have to agree Yoda, that article is extremely worrying. To do this 2 days before the season starts smacks of last minute desperation.

I guess we can only presume that ST sales have been well below that of what was expected and may even mean that there is a shortfall in the breakeven budget for the season.

Archie has done a terrific job with the resources at his disposal but if those resources continue to diminish then there's not a manager in the world who could keep the team progressing. The club are still lagging behind in so many areas commercially. So many revenue streams continue to remain untapped. So many others have been handled so badly that they are now viewed with disdain by many supporters - TAG and the centenery fund being the prime examples. People may say that this has nothing to do with falling season ticket sales and that this in itself remains a mystery. But I don't think you can separate the 2. The seating arrangements for the Celtic games have definitely had an impact as well. As much as those arrangements suit me personally I think we all have to look at the bigger picture and say that whether you agree with the decision or not, it could have been handled a whole lot better. It's the continued botched handling of so many situations that have really irked so many supporters. There were a few of us on this very forum who warned that it was only a matter of time before it started hurting the club financially and affecting Archie's ability to do his job. I would say that's where we are now.

We find ourselves in an unparalleled situation where we have been progressing very well on the pitch, improving our league placing continuously for the past 3 years and surviving comfortably in the top league, yet our home gates were down by an astonishing 24% last season. That is a monumental drop, no other club in Scottish Football has suffered a drop like that in recent years for no apparent reason, so it isn't just something that you can say is endemic in the national game. PTFC has the problem here, and no amount of excuses can disguise that.

The board need to take a serious look at how the club is being run, the way we engage with supporters and the caliber of people they have working for the club.

2017 will mark the 20th anniversary of Save The Jags. If we continue on this downward trajectory we could find ourselves right back where we were in 1997. I think we have to ask ourselves, such is the apathy that currently surrounds the club, would there be the same will and strength of sentiment to save the club this time as there was back then?

I just renewed there. I was dithering because I hardly made a game at the tail end of the season and might only make half or so of the home games this year (not going to the Celtic game for starters), but its clear the manager and club need all the backing they can get. You might have swayed me a wee bit tbh, Yoda....

Edited by Hankey
  • Like 3