Scott Fox

Jagsman

scott is after bigger crowds, bigger games, stepping up a level ..... reminds me of johnny tuffey.

careful what you wish for scott (and other departees). grass isn't always greener when leaving thistle. just look at ats one year on.

Edited by yoda-jag

Elliot is a terrific servant to our club and will give 100% effort and concentration wherever he is played but he is just not a full back. He can do a job there to cover injuries and suspensions but we need a genuine right back. In our team his best position is on the wing where his work rate helps defensively while his pace makes him useful in attack.

SOD played a fair bit of Saturday's game in central defence helping the two young boys and Christie covered for a fair bit at right back. Thought he had a good game, like he did at left back at the same ground at Xmas when moved there at half time

So he thinks we have a limited fan base? Don't all clubs, other than the ugly sisters?

Average keeper. We've had better and we'll have better again.

Best of luck Scott. See you in Dingwall next season in front of the Ross County unlimited fan base.

Changed his tune from his March interview in the Record

The key word in buth articles.... Agent.

His agent obviously looking for a bigger fee/cut than what he'll get from Thistle.

There were 7 clubs finished above us. Of them, you can't honestly see him going to Celtic or Aberdeen. Dundee & St Johnstone have established keepers. We can rule out Hamilton. Inverness are likely to have Brill ready for new season but considering Esson been part of a team that has got to the cup final & finished 3rd in the league, I can't see him ending up there.

That leaves us with... Dunder Unitef.

I'd have no issues with him going there. The United fans are on McNamara's back big time & if he went back & signed another Thistle player you can imagine.

First kick he kicks straight out of play they'll be right on his back.

Don't get me wrong, the boy a very good shot stopper but as someone else pointed out, the step up has been difficult. Distribution & coming for crosses poor.

As for Scitlamd squad, I reckon though we were delighted at the recognition for him & club at that point, I also think we were all surprised when call up came.

Strachan's reasonings- he knew him as a kid at Celtic. He's had a closer look now & I'd be surprised with Marshall, Gordon & MacGregor along with Gilks & now Bain that he'd get anywhere near a squad again.

Hope you & your agent get the pieces of silver you're after Scott as I'm willing to place good money in your next club after this being a big come down for you (& your agent- if he doesn't drop you.)

His agent isn't the same company Darren Jackson worked for?

Paul Gallacher is better than him though so we have a replacement with 2 young guys fighting for 2nd spot. A very easy turnover for this position.

Fox looked more assured than Gallacher in the second half of the season. I've no doubt Paul G has a couple of seasons left in him but assuming he stays on I can't see him being first choice keeper at the start of the season. Neither can I see Scully warming the bench. Think he'll either start as No 1 or be loaned out to a 2nd tier outfit. Not sure if Gallacher still coaches at Alloa but they've never been able to replace Bain.

Fox looked more assured than Gallacher in the second half of the season. I've no doubt Paul G has a couple of seasons left in him but assuming he stays on I can't see him being first choice keeper at the start of the season. Neither can I see Scully warming the bench. Think he'll either start as No 1 or be loaned out to a 2nd tier outfit. Not sure if Gallacher still coaches at Alloa but they've never been able to replace Bain.

To be fair fox possibly looked more assured than gallacher in the second half of the season thanks to the huge improvement in our defence. If you look at shots on goal in Foxys games compared to gallachers there's no comparison and the timing of fox replacing paul was in line with Conrads recent brilliant form. Not that I'm saying the two are related.

In the previous season gallacher was hugely instrumental in keeping us in this league. I would say this year it's been more down to our defence than goalkeeper and I can't think of many games I've come out of thinking wow gallacher or foxy was brilliant today.

I agree though that gallacher is not the answer to next season and I think scully has done everything the club has asked and deserves his shot.

To be fair fox possibly looked more assured than gallacher in the second half of the season thanks to the huge improvement in our defence. If you look at shots on goal in Foxys games compared to gallachers there's no comparison and the timing of fox replacing paul was in line with Conrads recent brilliant form. Not that I'm saying the two are related.

In the previous season gallacher was hugely instrumental in keeping us in this league. I would say this year it's been more down to our defence than goalkeeper and I can't think of many games I've come out of thinking wow gallacher or foxy was brilliant today.

I agree though that gallacher is not the answer to next season and I think scully has done everything the club has asked and deserves his shot.

My finger was poised over the Like This button as I agreed with everything you said until I read your final sentence. I know Gallacher is 102 years old, but I was dissapointed when he was left out towards the end of last season. Still a very capable keeper for at least two more years, and certainly no worse than Fox. Scully will still need looked after for another season at least and Gallacher is the man to do it.

Edited by The Sons of Somner

To be fair fox possibly looked more assured than gallacher in the second half of the season thanks to the huge improvement in our defence. If you look at shots on goal in Foxys games compared to gallachers there's no comparison and the timing of fox replacing paul was in line with Conrads recent brilliant form. Not that I'm saying the two are related. In the previous season gallacher was hugely instrumental in keeping us in this league. I would say this year it's been more down to our defence than goalkeeper and I can't think of many games I've come out of thinking wow gallacher or foxy was brilliant today. I agree though that gallacher is not the answer to next season and I think scully has done everything the club has asked and deserves his shot.

Take your point. Bit chicken and egg. When Fox had his row of shut outs he in truth had little to do. Whether Fox looking good was down to his defence or the defence looking good down to Fox playing confidently is unknown. Probably a bit of both anyway. I did tho' think Gallacher was a bit shaky at the beginning of the second half of the season.

A question nobody has been asking is whether Scully can improve his dodgy distribution in time to claim the No 1 spot. That's not to say Paul G's exactly an ace in that department of his game either. Folk used to go on about Kenny Arthur's poor kicking but in fairness it didn't seem to matter so much back then. Our best game has for some time now been dependent on building from the back but when we mix it up we really want some accuracy from the goalie. Hopefully this won't be a problem.

• Like 1

• Members

I said elsewhere, I think the best way to judge a Keeper is to think back on how many times you've said out loud at a game, "what a save!" Unfortunately I can't think of too many of those. Far outweighed by the number of goals he's lost from shots coming in on the angle. I'd like to see Scully get a chance now.

• Like 2

I think I would disagree a bit. Maybe neither had been brilliant in any game, but in most games they made saves that otherwise would have been goals.

Presumably not as good as Bain, who I didn't think was that brilliant

Seen Bain play 7 or 8 times and in each game he's impressed. I don't believe he was expected to make the step up to the top division so quickly but he's certainly taken his chance.

Given that Bain is likely to improve I can see why Dundee wouldn't want to hold on to Letheren. Tho' I take these press reports with a pinch of salt Letheren could be the type of keeper we'd want tho' perhaps only on a short contract..