Scott Fox

Jagsman

Good luck to him. May not look like an inspiring move but at the end of the day it's his job and he has to do what gives him security.

He's been pretty good for us over the years and anyone who played in the promotion team is okay by me. (even Paul Paton)

fox showing a few dollars more and free accommodation in a but n ben in the sprawling metropolis of dingwall, triumphs over ambition and career advancement.

For a Few Dollars more - one of or quite possibly the greatest western ever made

Scott fox definetly not the greatest goalkeeper ever made

Almost as bizarre as the Higgy to Killie story after his rant about plastic pitches. Thistle have a limited fan base? The one thing we do, is carry a half decent support nearly everywhere we go, unlike the three men and a dog that follow County. Very bizarre indeed

Ha ha ha. Ross County. Ha ha ha. Moving up. Resurrect Scotland career. Ha ha ha.

He's obviously forgotten that we finished above them this season.

He just looks a fool having hit out with that pish last week about trophies and bigger fan bases.

Ha ha ha.

Good move for Ross county- getting a decent keeper far better than their current one. I'm sorry to see him go as he has been pretty solid over the 130 games he has played. In the promotion season I thought he was excellent and won a lot of points with some great saves in tight games. I reckon he really wanted a two year deal . Be interesting to see if we only offered him a one year deal. Thanks for the efforts Foxy.

• Like 1

Would Jonny Tuffey be a totally ridiculous idea? He had a fantastic attitude and really drove the team forward if we were losing.

Was unfortunate in his move to Inverness (he appeared at that stage to be winning the battle to be Northern Ireland's first choice keeper in succession to Maik Taylor and was challenged to keep producing good form in a top flight team) when Ryan Esson seemed to step up a level to retain his No. 1 position. Tuffey got the cup games and from what I can recollect perhaps tried too hard to make an impression and just got into a downward spiral. Maybe he is older and wiser and ready again for the challenge. With Paul Gallacher to guide him and Ryan Scully to push him, perhaps now is the hour for him to make something more of his career.

All the above is said with the rider that there may be personal, professional or family issues that I know nothing about that would make coming back to us impracticable or inappropriate.

Just speculating but I think the re-emergence of Scully on the scene has prompted Fox to move on. Whether it's realism or just the possibility, perhaps Fox was worried about spending too much of the season on the bench. I've no idea how that reflects wage wise but I suppose it could be significant.

I though best western was a hotel chain? Anyway it's a toss up for me between High Noon and My Darling Clementine.

Run of the mill, 10 a penny goalies are easy to find. Remember the wailing and gnashing of teeth when Tuffey left? Remember when everyone thought the world had ended when Langfield left? Fox is Premiership standard at best. Unlikely to improve. If we're desperate for experience then plenty of guys in England will be looking for employment. Otherwise Scully and Gallagher it is.

Just read the Fox article in the Record and I think what he's saying is that he wants his career to progress and to do that he needs regular football, which he wasn't confident that he'd get at Thistle. I think he's being unfairly represented as a Billy Big Time on here. Just my reading of it.

• Like 1

Don't for a minute see him as a Billy Big Time myself but a bit of honesty might not have gone awry. "I'm getting married" "I need a higher profile" "I want to play for Scotland" - all a bit of a smokescreen.......................if all he had said had been "I want a longer term contract and more money" at least you could commend him for his honesty and for not taking the supporters for fools.

Nice part of the world to move to as well - so thanks and so long.

Would Jonny Tuffey be a totally ridiculous idea? He had a fantastic attitude and really drove the team forward if we were losing.

Was unfortunate in his move to Inverness (he appeared at that stage to be winning the battle to be Northern Ireland's first choice keeper in succession to Maik Taylor and was challenged to keep producing good form in a top flight team) when Ryan Esson seemed to step up a level to retain his No. 1 position. Tuffey got the cup games and from what I can recollect perhaps tried too hard to make an impression and just got into a downward spiral. Maybe he is older and wiser and ready again for the challenge. With Paul Gallacher to guide him and Ryan Scully to push him, perhaps now is the hour for him to make something more of his career.

All the above is said with the rider that there may be personal, professional or family issues that I know nothing about that would make coming back to us impracticable or inappropriate.

I was thinking the same myself