Scott Fox

Jagsman

Suggest you go to the away stand if you want to applaud opposition players.

Gies peace.

I applauded Mark Roberts when he played for Ayr, I applauded Kenny Arthur when he played for Airdrie and I applauded Erskine when he played for Dundee Utd. I'll applaud Foxy from the North Stand next season and I'm sure I'll not be the only one...

Edited by partick monkey
  • Like 3

Agreed TL. Why on earth did he come out in the papers and say he wanted to leave because we had a limited fan base and he wanted to get back into the Scotland squad. His fan base comments are ludicrous given he has joined Dross County and to my knowledge, Strachan doesn't do visits to Dingwall! He has been made to look rather stupid. He has been a good servant, but can't help but think that he is going to get pelters from the North Stand next season and in the stand behind the goals at Dingwall when we play up there. Craigan, Balatoni and SOD have all left with their reputations in tact, maybe even enhanced, sadly same can't be said for Fox!

I guess you could say he will get more exposure from Sportscene etc than he will at Thistle. Even today during the commentary they mentioned Ross County, Mitherwell and Killie having improved in the latter part of the season. No mention of Thistle even although we finished above them all.

I guess you could say he will get more exposure from Sportscene etc than he will at Thistle. Even today during the commentary they mentioned Ross County, Mitherwell and Killie having improved in the latter part of the season. No mention of Thistle even although we finished above them all.

Killie improved in the latter part of the season?!, Really? I'd have said completely the opposite (but I concede that I'm not an expert, and am not paid to impart my vast knowledge like these guys).

Killie improved in the latter part of the season?!, Really? I'd have said completely the opposite (but I concede that I'm not an expert, and am not paid to impart my vast knowledge like these guys).

Killie lost 8 of their last 9 games, I think.

True :lol: - we were all comparing them to Hibs last season and they probably would have been a repeat if we hadn't given away a vital 3 points to them.

I'll give them this though: Thistle didn't improve in the same sense as the likes of Motherwell and Ross C. We were fairly steady (though unspectacular) for more than half the season - then we went into a bit of a dip which might have let other clubs catch us but we then showed some of our best form to keep ourselves secure. So you could argue it either way. They could of course have said Thistle who a lot of pundits thought would struggle maintained their Premiership place comfortably (when viewed over the season).

Edited by Mr Bunny

Was just thinking about that Samson call up. Should he really be getting a call up ahead of Scott Fox anyway? Given Killie's dreadful defensive record over last quarter of the season compared to Thistle, and of course Fox.

I'm pretty sure if Fox hadn't left us for fame, fortune and the bright lights of Dingwall, there would have been a few unhappy chappies on here.

Was just thinking about that Samson call up. Should he really be getting a call up ahead of Scott Fox anyway? Given Killie's dreadful defensive record over last quarter of the season compared to Thistle, and of course Fox.

I'm pretty sure if Fox hadn't left us for fame, fortune and the bright lights of Dingwall, there would have been a few unhappy chappies on here.

Gall is better than both of them, but Fox is better than Samson.

As much as I liked Fox at times I always felt safer with Gallacher. dunno if we really needed another keeper, would've been happy to stay with what we've got. Foxy wont get any better at Dross Cunty than he did here at Firhill, not surprised he's been overlooked for a Scotland call up again, he's not International standard and for his own sake he should get real with himself otherwise he'll live the rest of his life a disappointed man, wish him well just the same.